- Volume 20 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A validity study on SSI analysis by comparing the complete system model and the underground structure fixed-end model
연속체 모델과 지하구조물 고정단 모델의 비교를 통한 SSI 해석의 타당성 연구
- You, Kwang-Ho (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Suwon) ;
- Kim, Seung-Jin (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Suwon)
- Received : 2016.06.11
- Accepted : 2018.08.02
- Published : 2018.09.30
Recently, earthquakes have occurred in large cities such as Gyeongju and Pohang, and seismic analysis studies have been actively conducted in various fields. However, since most of the previous seismic analyses have dealt with ground structures and the ground separately, there is a lack of a study on the complete soil-structure dynamic interaction. Therefore, in this study, a sensitivity analysis is conducted with MIDAS GEN and MIDAS GTS NX to apply the underground structure fixed-end model considering only the building and the complete system model considering both the building and the ground, respectively and the validity of dynamic analysis considering SSI is examined. As a result of the study, in most conditions it is found that the maximum horizontal displacement of the tall building in case of the underground structure fixed-end model is estimated to be smaller, the bending stress is larger, and the range of the weak part is smaller than that of the complete system model. Therefore, it is expected to be more reasonable to use the complete system model considering soil-structure interaction in seismic analysis.
Supported by : 국가과학기술연구회 융합연구단
- Hanyang University (2017), Development of artificial intelligence algorithm for real time damage detection based on acceleration sensor arrangement, The 2016 Commission Research Report of Multi Disaster Countermeasures Organization, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology, pp. 51.
- Kim, S.Y. (2016), "Economic and seismic performance evaluation of irregular tall steel buildings", Journal of the Korean Society of Steel Construction, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 23-27. https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2016.28.1.023
- Lysmer, J., Kuhlemeyer, R.L. (1969), "Finite dynamic model for infinite media", Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE, Vol. 95, No. 4, pp. 859-878.
- MIDAS Information Technology Co. (2016), MIDAS GTS NX user manual, MIDAS Information Technology Co., Korea, pp. 445.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2016), Concrete standard specification, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Korea, pp. 358.
- National Disaster Management Research Institute (2012), Development of the public buildings emergency integrity assessment technology using seismic acceleration response signal, National Disaster Management Research Institute, pp. 253.
- Newmark, N.M. (1959), "A method of computation for structural dynamics", Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE, Vol. 85, No. 3, pp. 67-94.
- Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center (2017), Tall building initiative guidelines for performance-based seismic design of tall buildings, University of California, Berkeley, pp. 147.
- Seoul Metropolitan Government (2006), Ground investigation manual, Seoul Metropolitan Government, pp. 130.
- University of Suwon (2017), Development of a behavior prediction model by interaction of underground complex facilities for ground vibration, The 2016 Commission Research Report of Multi Disaster Countermeasures Organization, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology, pp. 133.
- You, K.H., Kim, Y.J. (2018), "A preliminary numerical analysis study on the seismic stability of a building and underground structure by using SSI", Journal of Korean Tunneling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 23-38.
- You, K.H., Park, Y.J., Hong, K.Y., Kim, J.K. (2005), "Numerical estimation for safety factors of tunnels considering the failure of supports", Journal of Korean Tunneling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 37-49.