- Volume 29 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Current Operating Structures and Development Strategies of Korean Military Libraries
병영도서관 운영 현황 및 활성화 방안 연구
- Received : 2018.08.27
- Accepted : 2018.09.18
- Published : 2018.09.30
The aim of this study is to re-conceptualize the functions of military libraries in Korea, both as spaces and services, by examining current operating structures and offering strategies for development. In exploring the existing military library operations in Korea, this study assesses key areas, such as human resources, facilities and equipment, budget, cooperation, and collections and materials. By leveraging the cross-area assessments, the study identifies opportunities for improvement and modernization. This study may serve as a foundation to formulate policy-based strategies for the development of military libraries, toward satisfying the information needs of the armed forces and promoting the broader underlying priorities of military libraries.
Military Libraries;Military Libraries Operation Status;Activation of Military Libraries
- Ministry of National Defense. 2016. National Defense White Paper. Seoul: Ministry of National.
- Ministry of National Defense. 2017. National Defense Statistics Year Book. Seoul: Ministry of National.
- Committee on Library and Information Policy. 2014. Comprehensive Library Advancement Plan(2014-2018). Seoul: Committee on Library and Information Policy.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Korean Library Association. 2017. 2017 Korea Library Year Book. Seoul: Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Korean Library Association.
- Sung, Eun-Jeong and Jae-HyunHong. 2015. "The Study on Operating Status and Activation of Air Force Libraries." Journal of the Korean Biblia Society for Library and Information Science, 26(1): 77-100.
- Song, Sung-Seob. 2009. "A Study on Developing and Applying of Evaluation Indicators in Korea Military Libraries." Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 26(3): 355-376.
- Cha, Mikyeong and Sung-Seob Song. 2005. "A Study on the Administration Model for Military Libraries." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 39(3): 285-306.
- Cha, Sung-Jong and Jong Yup Han. 2013. "A Study on the Management Diagnosis of Military Libraries in Korea by Analyzing Management Evaluation." Journal of the Korean Society for Library and Information Science, 47(4): 49-78.
- Hoang, Gum-Sook. 2017. A Study on Activation and Operation of Militaty Reading Club. Seoul: Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Korean Library Association.