- Volume 43 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Re-evaluation of Korean Effluent Concentration Limits and Comparative Analysis
- Hwang, Won Tae (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Joeun (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kwon, Dahye (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Eun Han (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Han, Moon Hee (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2018.07.04
- Accepted : 2018.09.12
- Published : 2018.09.30
Background: Effluent Concentration Limits (ECLs) were re-evaluated via direct calculation using dose coefficients based on radiation protection quantity introduced in Korea and the intrinsic breathing rates of Korean residents. Materials and Methods: The re-evaluated ECLs were compared with the domestic standards given in the Notice of the Nuclear Safety and Security Commission (NSSC), as well as with ECLs specified in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). Results and Discussion: The relative ratios of the re-evaluated ECLs to the currently applied domestic standards differed depending on the radionuclide type, but it was clearly shown that, for tritium (
Supported by : Ministry of Science and ICT of Korea
- International Atomic Energy Agency. International basic safety standards for protection against ionizing radiation and for the safety of radiation sources. Safety Series No. 115. 1996;94.
- Korean Advanced Energy Research Institute. Development of offsite radiological dose assessment model for a Kori site. KAERI/NSC-397/89. 1989;29.
- Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety. INDAC User's Manual. 1999; IV-25.
- Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co., Ltd. Radiation environmental impact assessment report on the construction project of Shin-Kori reactor 5 and 6. 2016;5.2-33.
- U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Calculation of annual doses to man from routine releases of reactor effluents for the purpose of evaluating compliance with 10CFR part 50, Appendix I. Regulatory Guide 1.109. 1977;19-28.