- Volume 56 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Non-Enzymatic Glucose Sensor Based on a Copper Oxide Nanoflowers Electrode Decorated with Pt Nanoparticles
백금 나노입자가 분산된 3차원 산화구리 나노구조체 기반의 글루코스 검출용 비효소적 전기화학 센서 개발
- Song, Min-Jung (Department of Nano Convergence Engineering, Seokyeong University)
- 송민정 (서경대학교 나노융합공학과)
- Received : 2018.02.23
- Accepted : 2018.03.16
- Published : 2018.10.01
An electrochemical glucose sensor with enzyme-free was fabricated using Pt nanoparticles (Pt NPs) decorated CuO nanoflowers (CuO NFs). 3-D CuO nanoflowers film was directly synthesized on Cu foil by a simple hydrothermal method and Pt NPs were dispersed on the petal surface of CuO NFs through electrochemical deposition. This prepared sample was noted to Pt NPs-CuO NF. Morphology of the Pt NPs-CuO NFs layer was analyzed using scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS). The electrochemical properties and sensing performances were investigated using cyclic voltammetry (CV) and chronoamperometry (CA) under alkaline condition. The sensor exhibited a high sensitivity, wide liner range and fast response time. Its excellent sensing performance was attributed to the synergistic effect of the Pt NPs and CuO nanostructure.
CuO nanoflowers;Pt nanoparticles;non-enzymatic glucose sensor;Electrochemical deposition;Hydrothermal method
Supported by : 서경대학교
- Chung, Y. and Kwon, Y., "A Study on Performance Improvement of Glucose Sensor Adopting a Catalyst Using New Cross Liker," Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 53(6), 802-807(2015). https://doi.org/10.9713/kcer.2015.53.6.802
- Jena, B. K. and Raj, C. R., "Enzyme-free Amperometric Sensing of Glucose by Using Gold Nanoparticles," Chem. Eur. J., 12, 2702-2708(2006). https://doi.org/10.1002/chem.200501051
- Myung, Y., Jang, D. M., Cho, Y. J., Kim, S. H., Park, J., Kim, J.-U., Choi, Y. and Lee, C. J., "Nonenzymmatic Amperometric Glucose Sensing of Platinum, Copper Sulfide, and Tin Oxide Nanoparti- cle-carbon Nanotube Hybrid Nanostructures," J. Phys. Chem. C, 113, 1251-1259(2009). https://doi.org/10.1021/jp806633j
- Li, X., Zhu, Q. Y., Tong, S. F., Wang, W. and Song, W. B., "Self- assembled Microstructure of Carbon Nanotubes for Enzymeless Glucose Sensor," Sens. Actuators B, 136, 444-450(2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2008.10.051
- Ciftci, H. and Tamer, U., "Functional Gold Nanorod Particles on Conducting Polymer Poly(3-octylthiophene) as Non-enzymatic Glucose Sensor," Reactive & Funct. Polymers, 72, 127-132(2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.reactfunctpolym.2011.11.006
- Yoon, S. S., Ramadoss, A., Saravanakumar, B. and Kim, S. J., "Novel Cu/CuO/ZnO Hybrid Hierarchical Nanostructures for Non-enzymatic Glucose Sensor Application," J. Electroanal. Chem., 717-718, 90-95(2014). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelechem.2014.01.012
- Yang, Y., Fu, R., Wang, H. and Wang, C., "Carbon Nanofibers Dec- orated with Platinum Nanoparticles: a Novel Three-dimensional Platform for Non-enzymatic Sensing of Hydrogen Peroxide," Microchim Acta., 180, 1249-1255(2013). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00604-013-1041-4
- Song, M. J., Lee, S. K., Kim, J. H. and Lim, D. S., "Non-enzymatic Glucose Sensor Based on Cu Electrode Modified with CuO Nanoflowers," J. Electrochem. Soc., 160(4), B43-B46(2013). https://doi.org/10.1149/2.037304jes
- Liu, Y., Chu, Y., Zhuo, Y., Li, M., Li, L. and Dong, L., "Anion-controlled Construction of CuO Honeycombs and Flowerlike Assemblies on Copper Foils," Cryst. Growth Des., 7(3), 467-470(2007). https://doi.org/10.1021/cg060480r
- Song, M. J., Hwang, S. W. and Whang, D., "Non-enzymatic Electrochemical CuO Nanoflowers Sensor for Hydrogen Peroxide Detection," Talanta, 80, 1648-1652(2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2009.09.061
- Marioli, J. M. and Kuwana, T., "Electrochemical Characterization of Carbohydrate Oxidation at Copper Electrodes," Electrochim. Acta, 37, 1187-1197(1992). https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-4686(92)85055-P
Luo, S., Su, F., Liu, C., Li, J., Liu, R., Xiao, Y., Li, Y., Liu, X. and Cai, Q., "A New Method for Fabricating a CuO/
$TiO_2$Nano-tube Arrays Electrode and Its Application as a Sensitive Nonen-zymatic Glucose Sensor," Talanta, 86, 157-163(2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2011.08.051
- Kang, X., Mai, Z., Zou, X., Cai, P. and Mo, J., "A Sensitive Nonen-zymatic Glucose Sensor in Alkaline Media with a Copper Nano-cluster/multiwall Carbon Nanotube-modified Glassy Carbon Electrode," Anal. Biochem., 363(1), 143-150(2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ab.2007.01.003
- Hoa, L. T., Sun, K. G. and Hur, S. H., "Highly Sensitive Non- enzymatic Glucose Sensor Based on Pt Nanoparticle Decorated Graphene Oxide Hydrogel," Sensors and Actuators B, 210, 618-623(2015). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.snb.2015.01.020
- Felix, S., Chakkravarthy, B. P., Jeong, S. K. and Grace, A. N., "Synthesis of Pt Decorated Copper Oxide Nanoleaves and Its Electrochemical Detection of Glucose," J. Electrochem. Soc., 162, H392-H396(2015). https://doi.org/10.1149/2.0881506jes
- Bard, A. J. and Faulkner, L. R., "Electrochemical Methods: Fundamentals and Applicatinos," John Wiley and Sons., New York, Chichester, Brisbane, Toronto(1980).
- Wu, H. X., Cao, W. M., Li, Y., Liu, G., Wen, Y., Yang, H. F. and Yang, S. P., "In situ Growth of Copper Nanoparticles on Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes and Their Application as Non-enzymatic Glucose Sensor Materials," Electrochim. Acta, 55(11), 3734-3740 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2010.02.017
- Li, Y., Huang, F., Chen, J., Mo, T., Li, S., Wang F., Feng, S. and Li, Y., "A High Performance Enzyme-free Glucose Sensor Based on the Graphene-CuO Nanocomposites," Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 8, 6332-6342(2013).
- Liu, L., Qi, W., Gao, X., Wang, C. and Wang, G., "Synergistic Effect of Metal Ion Additives on Graphitic Carbon Nitride Nanosheet-templated Electrodeposition of Cu@CuO for Enzyme-free Glucose Detection," J. Alloy. Compd., In press (2018).
- Meng, L., Jin, J., Yang, G., Lu, T., Zhang, H. and Cai, C., "Non-enzymatic Electrochemical Detection of Glucose Based on Palladium-single Walled Carbon Nanotube Hybrid Nanostructures," Anal. Chem., 81, 7271-7280(2009). https://doi.org/10.1021/ac901005p