- Volume 56 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Oxygen Combustion Characteristics of a Low Grade Coal Using IEA-CFBC Model
IEA-CFBC 모델을 이용한 저급탄의 순산소 연소 특성 분석
- Gwak, You Ra (Department of Mineral resources energy engineering, Chonbuk national university) ;
- Kim, Ye Bin (Department of Mineral resources energy engineering, Chonbuk national university) ;
- Keel, Sang In (Environment System Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Yun, Jin Han (Environment System Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Lee, See Hoon (Department of Mineral resources energy engineering, Chonbuk national university)
- 곽유라 (전북대학교 자원에너지공학과) ;
- 김예빈 (전북대학교 자원에너지공학과) ;
- 길상인 (한국기계연구원 환경시스템연구본부) ;
- 윤진한 (한국기계연구원 환경시스템연구본부) ;
- 이시훈 (전북대학교 자원에너지공학과)
- Received : 2018.07.07
- Accepted : 2018.08.14
- Published : 2018.10.01
The application of an oxy-combustion circulating fluidized bed combustor (Oxy-CFBC) for low grade coals has recently developed in the world to meet the continuous increase of energy demand and to achieve the reduction of greenhouse gases. Since demo plants for Oxy-CFBC have been developed, the combustion properties of Oxy-CFBC in various operation conditions, such as gas flow rates, combustion temperature, fuel, and so on, should be investigated to develop design criteria for a commercial Oxy-CFBC. In this study, a computational simulation tool for Oxy-CFBC was developed on the basis of the IEA-CFBC (International Energy Agency Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustor) model. Simulation was performed under various conditions such as reaction temperature (
Circulating fluidized bed;Computational simulation;Oxy combustion;Air combustion;Low grade coal
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 한국전력공사
- Kim, Y. K., "Mathmatical Characteristics in a Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustor=hydrodynamics Characteristics in a Circulating Fluidized Bed," Yonsei University Master Thesis(2003).
- EBnews (EBN chemical), "Energy and Chemical Industry 3-1: Coal Energy," http://chem.ebn.co.kr/news/view/53346(2007).
- India Habitat Centre, "Principle of Fluidization, 2ND Conference on Building Partnership for Sustainable CSR", (2014).
- Crane Company, "Flow of Fluids Through Valves, Fittings, and Pipe," Technical Paper, p. 410(1988).
- Weast, R. C., "CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics," Chemical Rubber Company, 65, F42-F44(1984).
- Lemmon, E. W. and Jacobsen, R. T., "Viscosity and Thermal Conductivity Equations for Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon and Air," Int. J. Thermophys., 25, 21-21(2004). https://doi.org/10.1023/B:IJOT.0000022327.04529.f3
- Faghri, A. and Zhang, Y., "Transporty Phenomena in Multiphase Systems," Elsevier, 957-957(2006).
- Incropera, F. P., DeWitt, D. P., Bergman, T. L., Lavine, A. S., "Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer," John Wiley & Sons, 6., (2007).
Lunbo, D., Changsui, Z., Wu, Z., Chengrui Q. and Xiaoping, C., "
$O_2/CO_2$Coal Combustion Characteristics in a 50 kWth Circulating Fluidized Bed," International Journal of Green house Gas control, 5, 770-776(2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijggc.2011.01.007
- Mathekga, H. I., Oboiirien, B. O. and North, B. C., "A Review of Oxy-fuel Combustion in Fluidized Bed Reactors," Energy Research, 878-902(2016).
- Jia, L., Tan, Y., McCalden, D., Wu, Y. and He, I., "Symonds R, Anthony EJ. Commissioning of a 0.8 MWth CFBC for Oxy-fuel Combustion," International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 7, 240-243(2012). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijggc.2011.10.009
- Farooq, S., Miguel, A. P., Chenggong, S., Colin, S. and Hao, L., "Oxy-fuel Combustion Study of Biomass Fuels in a 20 kW the Fluidized Bed Combustor," Fuel, 778-786(2018).
- Sung, J. H., Seo, Y. C., Jang, H. N., Back, S. K., Jeong, B. M., Jeong, H. K., Jung, S. J., Cho, Y. T., "Oxy-fuel Combustion Characteristic of Dried Sewage Sludge Using Circulating Fluidized Bed," Kroean Chem. Eng. Res., 55, 846-853(2017).
- Heinbockel, Ph.D. Dissertation, Siegen University, Germany (1995).
- Zhang, L., Li, T. D., Zhen, Q. Y. and Lu, C. D., "A General Dynamic Model for Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustion Systems with Wide Particle Size Distributions," 11th Int. Conf. on fluid. Bed Comb., 1289(1991).
- Lee, C. H., "A Study on the Operational Characteristics of the 500 MW Super Critical Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler by Changes in Air Ratio," Yonsei University Master Thesis(2015).
- Kim, T. and Choi, S., "Comparative Evaluation of Thermal Design Parameters of Different Sizes of Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler," Journal of the Korean Society of Combustion, 16, 16-22 (2011).
- Mori, S., Narukawa, K., Yamada, I., Takebayashi, T., Tanii, H., Tomoyasu, Y. and Mii, T., "Dynamic Model of a Circulating Fluidized Bed Coal Fired Boiler," 11th Int. Conf. on Fluid. Bed Comb., 1261-1265(1991).
- Sengrupta, S. P. and Basu, P., "A Generalized Mathematical Model for Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler Furnace," 11th Int. Conf. on Fluid. Bed Comb., p.1295-1301,(1991).
- Xu, X., Mao, J., "Mathematical Model and Simulation of CFBC boilers," Proc. 4th Int. Conf. on Circ. Fluid. Beds, 104-109(1993).
- Lin, X. and Li, Y., "A Two-Phase Model for Fast Fluidization Bed Combustion," Proc. 4th Int. Conf. on Circ. Fluid. Beds, Somerset, 547-552(1993).
- Halder, P. K. and Datta, A., "Modelling of Combustion of a Char in a Circulating Fluidized Bed," Proc. 4th Int. Conf. on Circ. Fluid. Beds, 92-97(1993).
Saraiva, P. C., Azevedo, J. L. T. and Carvalho, M. G., "Modelling Combustion,
$NO_x$Emissions and $SO_2$Retention in a Circulating Fluidized Bed," 12th Int. Conf. on FIuid Bed Comb., 375-380(1993).
- Hypannen, T., Lee, Y. Y., Ketunen, A. and Riiali, J, "Dynamic Simulation of a CFB Bsased Power Plant," 12th Int. Conf. on Fluid. Bed Comb., 1121-1127(1993).
- Haider, M., "Ein stationares Simulationsmodell fur Dampferzeuger mit Zirkulierender Wirbelschicht," Vienna University(1993).
- Prichett, J. W., Blake, T. R. and Garg, S. K., AIChE Symp. Ser., 134(1978).
- Balzer, G. and Simonin, O., "On Refined Flow Modelling and Turbulence Measurements," Proc. 5th Int. Symp.(1993).
- Jayarathna, C. K., Moldestad, B. E. and Tokheim, L. A., "Validation of Results from Barrcuda CFD Modelling to Predict Minimum Fluidization Velocity and Pressure Drop of Geldart A Particles," Linkoping Electronic Conference Proceddings, 76-82(2017).
- Kallio, S., Ariaksinen, J., Gulden, M., Hermanson, A., Peltola, J., Ritvaanen, J., Seppala, M., Shah, S. and Taivassalo, V., "Experimental and Numerical Study of Hydrodynamics in a Circulating Fluidized Bed," (2009).
Seddighi, S., Pallares, D. and Johnsson, F., "One-dimensional Modeling of Oxy Fule Fluidized Bed Combustion for
$CO_2$Capture," ECI Digital Archives(2010).