- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Emotional Labor of Infant Teachers Contributed to The Turnover Intention ; The Mediating Effect of Job Stress
영유아 교사의 감정노동이 이직의도에 미치는 영향 : 직무스트레스의 매개효과
- Heo, Youn Suk (Dept. of Social Welfare, Korea University)
- 허윤석 (고려대학교 대학원 사회복지학과)
- Received : 2018.06.26
- Accepted : 2018.09.20
- Published : 2018.09.28
This study aims to confirm whether both the emotional labour and job stress contribute to the turnover intention of infant teacher. The correlation analysis and parametric analysis were sequentially performed for our study. Analyzed results showed that the emotional labour was related to the job stress and turnover. Also, a statistical significance between the job stress and turnover intention was observed. Besides, the job stress partially mediated the relation between the emotional labour and turnover intention. Nsidering that the emotional labor of teacher caring or lived with infants occurred inevitably, our study proposed three approaches to reduce the job stress that partially mediated relation between the emotional labour and turnover intention. Generally, the infant teacher with excellent qualification produced the good education. Therefore, we suggested that the it was necessary that a work environment had been improved and working motivation was ameliorated to employ the infant teacher with excellent qualification.
- Spodek. B. (1973). Early childhood education. Englewood Cliffs, NJ : Prentice Hall.
- Polanyi. M. (1958). Personal knowledge: Toward a post-critical philosophy. New York : Routledge & Kegan Paul.
- Polanyi. M. (1966). The tacit dimension. Garden City. New York : Doubleday & Company.
- Shcon. D. A. (1983). The reflective practitioner : How professional think in action. New York : Basic Books.
- E. J. Sohn. (2003). Reflective Thinking and Professionalism. The Student Life Study, 28, 31-54.
- D. J. Cho. (2006). A study on three approaches to the teacher's reflection. Korean journal of educational research, 44(2), 105-133.
- M. Y. Kim & M. H. Son. (2012). Everydayness of teachers practical knowledge in the physical education class. The Journal of Curriculum Studies, 30(3), 21-49. https://doi.org/10.15708/kscs.30.3.201209.002
- E. H. Seo & M. S. Lee. (2002). A Study on the Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention Of Kindergarten Teachers. The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, 7(3), 155-170.
- Bollin. G. (1993). An investigation of job stability and job satisfaction among family day care providers. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 8, 207-220. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0885-2006(05)80091-2
- S. Y. Sim. (1999). Job satisfaction affecting on turnover among early childhood educators. The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, 4(2), 159-177.
- M. N. Park & Y. M. Bae. (2013). Analysis of Preschool Teachers' Actual Work Conditions and their Job Satisfactions. The institute of Korean Education, 31(3), 21-37.
- H. J. Kim. (2018). The Effects of Childcare Treatment, Teacher's Job Stress and CCTV Control on the Childcare Service of Respect for Children's Rights. Master Thesis. Hanyang University. Seoul.
- J. H. Lee. (2007). An expolration of the relation with emotional labor of childcare teacher, individual and organization emtional values, job satisfaction, burnout. Doctoral dissertation. Ewa Woman's University. Seoul.
- N. Y. Kwon & H. Y. Lee. (2012). Mediating Effect of Teacher Efficacy in the Relationship Between Risk Factor Job Environment and Psychological Burnout of Kindergarten Teachers. Journal of Future Early Childhood Education, 19(3), 199-218.
- Hochschild. A R. (1983). The managed heart: Commercialization of human feeling. Berkeley, CA : Unversity of California Press.
- J. Andrew Morris & Daniel C. Feldman. (1996). The Dimensions, Antecedents, and Consequences of Emotional Labor. The Academy of Management Review, 21(4), 986-1010. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1996.9704071861
- M. S. Joung & K. J. Kim. (2006). A Study on the effect of emotional labor and leader's emotional intelligence on job satisfaction and organizational commitment for nurses. Korea journal of hospitah mangement, 11(4), 1-18.
- de Castro. A. B, Agnew. J & Fitzgerald. S. T. (2004). Emotional labor: relevant theory for occupational health practice in post-industrial America. AAOHN Journal, 52(3), 109-124.
- Evaluation Accreditation Guide for Day care center. (2018). Seoul : Korea Childcare Promotion Institute
- S. G. Han. (2013) Actual by occupation of Emotional Labor. Sejong : Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training
- Y. L. Sin. (2018). Imfact of the Job Stress of the Nursery Teacher on Turnover Intension : Focused on the Mediating Effect of Burnout and Emotional Work. Doctoral disseration. Seoul-Hanyoung University. Seoul.
- H. J. Kim. (2014). Emotional Labor and Job Stress of Nursing Teachers Contributed to The Turnover Intention. Master Thesis. Ajou University. Suwon.
- Luthans. F. (1981). Organizational Behavior. New York : McGraw-Hill.
- Blau Gary. (1981). An empirical investigation of job stress, social support, service length, and job strain. Organizational behavior and human performance, 27(2), 279-302. https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-5073(81)90050-7
- E. J. Park. (2010). A Study on the Relationship of Perceived Job Stress, Teacher Efficacy, Social Support and Organizational Effectivenes in Early Childhood Educaion Teachers. Doctoral dissertation. Daegu University, Daegu.
- J. H. Kim. (1994). A Study on the Relationship Between Teacher's Job-Stress and Educational Activities and in the Kindergarten. Master Thesis. Sookmyung Women's University. Seoul.
- M. A. Jang. (1996). Occupation Stress of Kindergarten Teachers and the Methods to Coping the stress. Master Thesis. Ewha Womans University. Seoul.
- S. Y. Choi & H. A. Koo. (2005). A Job Stress and Self-Efficacy of Child Care Teachers. Korean journal of child studies, 26(4), 55-70
- Grandey. A. A. (2003). When the Show Must Go on, Surface Acting and Deep Acting as Determinants of Emotional Exhaustion and Peer-Rated Service Delivery. Academy of Mandgement Journal, 46, 86-96.
- Brotheridge. C. M & Grandy. A. A. (2002). Emotional labor and burnout : Comparing two perspectives of people work. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 60(1), 17-39. https://doi.org/10.1006/jvbe.2001.1815
- Brotheridge, C. M & Lee, R. T. (2002). Testing a conservation of resources model of the dynamics of emotional labor. Journal of Occuupational Health Psychology, 7, 57-67.
- S. A. Kang. (2016). Relations of Young Children Teachers' Emotional Labor to their Job Efficacy and Job Stress. Master Thesis. Kunsan University, Gunsan.
- C. W. Kim. (1992). The Relationship between Teachers' Job Stresses and Psychosomatic Symptoms, Burnout. Doctoral dissertation. Chung-ang University. Seoul.
- Kyriacou. C. & Sutcliff. J. (1978). Teacher stress: Prevalence, sources, and symptoms. British Journal of Educational Psychology, 55, 61-64.
- S. M. Kwon. (2013). Structural relationship among kindergarten director's transformational leadership and preschool teacher's job satisfaction : Focused on the mediating effects of teacher-efficaacy, job stress, and organizational commitment. Doctoral dissertation. Yeungnam University. Gyeongsan.
- Cook. J. D, Hepworth. S. J, Wall. T. D & Warr. P. B. (1981). The experiment of work. New York : Academic Press.
- S. S. Park. (1998). The roles and Relations between Job related factors that affect Turnover intention. Master Thesis. Chonnam University. Gwangju.
- Baron. R. M & Kenny. D. A. (1986). The moderator- mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations. Journal of personality and social psychology, 51(6), 1173-1182. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1993
- Kline. R. B. (2005). Principles and Practice of Structural Equation Modeling. New York : The Guilford Press.
- M. S. Lee. (2016). Effects of Emotional Labor and Job Stress on Teacher-Infant Interaction. Maser Thesis. Chongshin University. Seoul.
- S. Y. Kim. (2014). The Difference of Job Stress and Teacher-Child Interaction by Clusters Based on Emotional Labor of Child Care Teacher. Master Thesis. Hanyang University. Seoul.
- J. R. Yu. (2014). Relationships Among Emotional Labor of Early Childhood Teacher, Teacher-Efficacy and Teacher-Child Interaction. Master Thesis. Chungnam University. Daejeon.
- 2018 Childcare business guid. (2018). Seoul: Ministry of Health & Welfare.