- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Convergence Relationship between Global Citizenship, Self leadership and Global Health Competencies in Nursing Students
간호대학생의 세계시민의식, 셀프리더십과 국제보건역량과의 융복합적 관계
- Kim, Youngsuk (College of Nursing, Kosin University) ;
- Han, MiYoung (Depart of Nursing, Silla University)
- Received : 2018.08.24
- Accepted : 2018.09.20
- Published : 2018.09.28
The purpose of this research is to investigate the relationship between global citizenship, self leadership and global health competencies in nursing students and utilize the basic data for development of educational program to increase of global health competence. A convenience sample of 207 subjects were invited from three university. Data were analyzed using t-test, ANOVA and Pearson's Correlation with SPSS PC 18.0 program. Global health competencies showed that there were differences according to religion, taking education related to global health competency, exposure to mass media about global health. There were a significant positive correlation of global citizenship(r=.364, p<.01), self leadership(r=.372, p<.01) and the global citizenship of nursing students showed a significantly positive correlation of self leadership(r=.463, p<.01). Therefore, on the result of this study, when we develop the educational programs to increase the global health competencies for nursing students, we have to include global citizenship and self leadership.
Supported by : Kosin University
- H. K. Lee, H. S. Kim, E. H. Cho, S. H. Kim & J. H. Kim. (2015). Global Health Competencies for Undergraduate Nursing Students in Korea. The Jouranl of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 21(4), 561-573. DOI: 10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.4.561 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.4.561
- P. H, Hwanbo & H. S. Cho. (2016). An Analysis of Research Trends on Global Citizenship Education in South Korea. Journal of Korean Educational Research, 54(2), 197-227.
- Korea International Cooperation Agency. (2016). International Development Cooperation. Seongnam : Sigong media.
- Sustainable Development Portal. (2018). Sustainable Development Goal. http://ncsd.go.kr/app/sub02/20_tab2.do
- World Health Organization. (2016). Reform of WHO's Work in Health Emergency Management: WHO Health Emergencies Programme Report by the Director-General. http://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/WHA69/A69_30_ en.pdf?ua=1
- International Council of Nurses. (2010). Vision for the Future of Nursing. Geneva: International Coundil of Nurses. http://www.icn.ch/about-cn/icns-vision -for-the-future-of-nursing.
- C. Y. Kim. (2013). Responsibility and Basis of International Health Care. Research Institute for Healthcare Policy Korean Medical Association, 11(2), 8-13. http://www.dbpia.co.kr/Article/NODE02471013.
- H. R. Kang & Y. Y. Hong. (2015). Effects of International Volunteering on Global Citizenship and Multicultural Acceptability among College Students. The Journal of Civic Youth Studies, 6(2), 1-39.
- J. H. Kim, S. H. Park & S. M. Cho. (2010). What Affects Korean Undergraduates' Global Perspective and Attitude Toward Cultural Diversity?. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 17(4), 183-210.
- J. Holmgren. (2017). Global Nursing: Educating Furture for Nurses for Tomorrow's Nursing Care Needs: Nordic Journal of Nursing Research, 37(3), 172-174.
- S. Y. Hwang, J. S Kim, H. M. Ahn & S. J. Kang. (2015). Development and Effect of a Global Health Capacity Building Program for Nursing Students. Journal of Korean Academy Community Health Nursing, 26(3), 209-220. DOI: 10.12799/jkachn.2015.26.3.209 https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2015.26.3.209
- D. H. Lee. (2016). Self Leadership and Global Health Competency among Nursing Students. Master thesis, Ewha Woman Uuiversity, Seoul.
- C. C. Manz & H. P. Jr. Sims. (1989). Superleadership: Leading Others to Lead Themselves. NJ: Prentice-Hall.
- Y. S. Song. (2011). Exploration on Required Competencies for Self-leadership in Large Korean Enterprises. The Korean Journal of Human Resource Development Quarterly, 13(3), 51-74. https://doi.org/10.18211/kjhrdq.2011.13.3.003
- L. Wilson, D. C. Harper, I. Tami-Maury, R. Zarate, S. Salas, J. Farley, N. Warren, I. Mendes & C. Ventura. (2012). Global Health Competencies for Nurses in the Americas. Journal of Professional Nursing, 28(4), 213-222. Doi: 10.1016/j.profnurs.2011.11.021 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2011.11.021
- S. Kang, T. A. P. Nguyen & L. Xippolitos. (2016). Analyzing Educational Needs to Develop an Undergraduate Global Health Nursing Program. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 6(3), 95-105.
- E. L. Chi & K. S. Sun. (2017). Analyzing the Construct of Global Citizenship and Related Variables. Theory and Research in Citizenship Education, 39(4), 115-134.
- C. C. Manz. (1998). Mastering Self-leadership: Empowering Yourself for Personal Excellence. NJ: Prentice Hall.
- M. J. Kim. (2017). Inquiry into Learner Factors Influencing the Self-leadership Development of University Students. Master's Thesis. Ewha Woman University, Seoul.
- J. S. Yi & K. A. Kim. (2012). The Influence of University Student's Self-leadership on the Employment Strategies. Korea Resource Management Association, 16(2), 19-39.
- Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada (AFMC) Resource Group/Global Health Education Consortium (GHEC) Committee. (2010). Global health Essential Core Competencies. http://www.mcgill.ca/ files/globalhealth/ Basic_Core_Competencies_Final_2010.pdf
- J. J. S. Kim, Y. H. Chung & Y. K. Jang. (2017). Effect of a Global Leadership Program for Nursing Students. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 19(3), 1637-1654.
- S. H. Kwon, H. K. Son, H. K. Han, Y. J. Kim & G. H. Choi. (2017). The Factors Affecting Cultural Competence in Nursing Students. Journal of Korean Data Analysis Society, 19(2), 1069-1081.
- K. H. Park & H. B. Park. (2016). An Exploratory Study on the Factors Influencing Global Citizenship in Adults. Global Study Education, 8(4), 3-31. DOI: 10.19.37/agse.8.4.01
- O. S. Lee. (2015). The Relathioship between Intelligence, Academic Self-efficacy and Self-leadership among Nursing Students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, 16(9), 6036-6043. DOI: 10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6036 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6036
- G. Y. Lee. (2016). Levels of Self Leadership among Nursing Students in Metropolitan. Journal of Education & Culture, 22(6), 233-253. https://doi.org/10.24159/joec.2016.22.6.233
- C. Huston. (2008). Preparing Nurse Leaders for 2020. Journal of Nursing Management, 16(8), 905-911. DOI: 10.1111/j.1368-2834.2008.00942.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2834.2008.00942.x
- M. L. Edmonds. (2010).The Lived Experience of Nursing Students Who Lived Abroad: A Qualitative Inquiry. Jouranl of Studies in International Education, 14(5), 545-568. https://doi.org/10.1177/1028315310375306
- S. G. Lee, Y. K. Chang, H. N. Lee & K. Y. Park. (2003). A Study on the Development of Life-skills: Communication, Problem solving, and Self-dIirected Learning. Seoul: Korean Education Development Institute.
- H. K. Lee, L. A. Kim, J. E. Kim, Y. R. Lee, J. M. Lee. H. S. Han & H. K. Hwang. (2017). Converged Factors Affecting Learning Flow in Nursing College. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(5), 15-23. DOI: 10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.5.015. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.5.015
- S. A. Yang. (2018). Convergence Analysis of the Factors Influencing Core Competencies on Disaster Nursing among Nursing Students. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 8(3), 39-51. DOI: 1022156/CS4SMB.2018.3..39. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2018.8.3.039
- H. J. Kim & I. H. Chun. (2018). The Effect of Problem-based Learning and Simulation Practice Convergence Education for Nursing Students. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 9(7), 355-364. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.7.355. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.7.355