- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Competitive Analysis of Digital Healthcare in Korea through Patent Analysis
특허분석을 통한 한국의 디지털 헬스케어 분야 경쟁력 분석연구
- Received : 2018.06.14
- Accepted : 2018.09.20
- Published : 2018.09.28
As IoT and AI have recently developed, interest in digital healthcare is increasing. Therefore, this study aims to identify technology trends through a patent analysis on digital healthcare and present future promising areas by analyzing domestic and foreign technology competitiveness and keywords. The detailed technologies to be analyzed were designated as Health Information Measurement Technology, Healthcare Platform Technology and Healthcare Remote Service Technology, and 61,166 patents were analyzed to identify the patent trends of the world's major patent offices and major patent applications. In addition, the analysis of the technological competitiveness of each detailed technology and Korea's technological competitiveness based on its patent activity, the rate of major market securing, and the uses of the patents showed that Korea's technological competitiveness was lower than global technology. In addition, the key keyword analysis showed that the core promising areas of digital healthcare were expected to require a focused strategy for fostering health care platform technologies in Korea.
Digital Healthcare;Patent Analysis;Technological Trend;Technological Competitiveness;Keyword Analysis
- Hankyung. (2018.06.12.). Healthcare. Hankyung economic dictionary. http://dic.hankyung.com
- IT Terminology Dictionary. (2018.06.12.) U-Healthcare. Tele-communications Technology Association(TTA). https://terms.naver.com
- PMG. (2015). Mobile Healthcare. Common Sense dictionary. http://www.pmg.co.kr
- Maeil Business Newspaper. (2018). Mobile Healthcare. Maeil Business Newspaper, http://www.mk.co.kr
- J. R. Kim. (2017). Overview of Smart Health Care Technologies. The Magazine of the IEIE. 18-23.
- J. S. Lee. (2014) Digital Health Care Platform and Major Business Trends. KHIDI Brief. 140. Korea Health Industry Development Institute(KHIDI).
- Min. of Science and ICT. (2018). Fourth industrial revolution in hand! Announcement of implementation plan for innovative growth engines. https://blog.naver.com/with_msip/221298519200
- H. J. Jin & S. W. Lee (2012). Patent Trend Report about Oriental Medicine. Journal of the korea contents association, 12(6), 223-229. DOI : 10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.06.223 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.06.223
- B. R. Jung & H. S. Song. (2013). U-Healthcare and Digital Health. Hanwha Morning Brief, 5-48.
- Korea Institute of Science and Technology (Convergence Research Policy Center). (2014). Survey on the Level of 15 National Convergence Technology in 2014. Seoul : Korea Institute of Science and Technology.
- S. K. Lee. (2017) Global Digital Health Care Technology Trends and Challenges. Weekly ICT Trends, 1826, 1-12. Institute for Information and Communication Technology Promotion.
- K. C. Nam, H. C. Kim & B. S. Kwon. (2014. 12.) ICT Converged Medical Devices. Information and Communications Magazine. 44-50.
- KIPO, KISTA, (2016). Patent Mega Trend : Bio. Daejeon : KIPO.
- J. W. Bae. (2016). Technology and Korea's Competitiveness Analysis through UAV Patent Analysis. The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, 41(12), 1868-1875. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2016.41.12.1868
- S. T. You & S. H. Oh. (2015). Malware Analysis Mechanism using the Word Cloud based on API Statistics. Journal of the Korea Academia- Industrial cooperation Society, 16(10), 7711-7218.
- H. N. Noh, (2014). Word Cloud-Driven Hospitality