- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Influence of Ethical Values and Ethical Sensitivity on Character of Nursing Students
윤리적 가치관과 윤리적 민감성이 간호대학생의 인성에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2018.06.08
- Accepted : 2018.09.20
- Published : 2018.09.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the influence of ethical values and ethical sensitivity on character in junior and senior nursing students. A total of 356 surveys were analyzed using SPSS version 20. T-test, ANOVA/Kruskal-Wallis test, Pearson correlation coefficients, and stepwise multiple regression analysis were used. The results of the study showed that the main factors influencing character was patient oriented care in ethical sensitivity (
Nursing students;Ethical values;Ethical sensitivity;Character;Convergence
- K. Ryan & T. Lickona. (1992). Character development in schools and beyond. WA : CRVP.
- S. S. Sim & M. R. Bang. (2016). The relationship between the character, interpersonal relations, and adjustment to a college life of nursing students. Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(12), 634-642. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.12.634
- J. W. Lee & Y. S. Eo. (2013). Effect of clinical stress and stress coping on college adjustment in nursing students. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 7(2), 125-134. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.2.125
- S. Rochester, K. Kilstoff & G. Scott. (2005). Learning from success: Improving undergraduate education through understanding the capabilities of successful nurse graduates. Nurse Education Today, 25, 181-188. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2004.12.002
- S. Kim, Y. S. Choi, D. Kim, S. M. Kim, S. H. Kim, D. Ahn & Y. Lee. (2008). The educational effect of pre-medical curriculum for a service learning program. Korean Journal of Family Medicine, 29, 867-871.
- J. H. Park. (2013). Need of character education in nursing education. Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 16(6), 3321-3332.
- J. H. Shin, S. H. Jeong, M. H. Lee & Y. Yang. (2015). Experiences of ethical issues and needs for ethics education in clinical nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 21(3), 327-339. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.3.327
- J. R. Rest. (1986). Moral development: Advances in research and theory. NY : Praeger.
- S. S. Han. (1992). Nature of ethical dilemmas and decision making in hospital nursing practice. Doctoral dissertation. Seoul National University; Seoul.
- P. S. Thompkins. (2009). Rhetorical listening and moral sensitivity. Journal of Listening, 23(2), 60-79. https://doi.org/10.1080/10904010802591912
- Y. M. Kwon. (2002). A study on moral judgement and ethical values of nursing students. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 8(1), 17-28.
- J. W. Kim. (2008). The mutual link of a person's human nature and his or her sense of values. Journal of Korean Philosophical Society, 105, 127-147.
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education. (2017). Book of evaluation criteria for nursing education accreditation. http://kabone.or.kr/
- B. Kim & E. Jeon. (2016). Exploration of Development and Applicability of a Classics Book Reading Program as Character Education for Nursing Students. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 16(10), 676-686. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.10.676
- M. Lee & M. Nam. (2017). Personality and the influencing factors in nursing students. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 7(6), 427-437. http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/ajmahs.2017.06.24.
- J. Kim & H. Kim. (2016). Effects of character, emotional intelligence and ego-resilience on college adaptation in nursing students. Journal of Enneegram studies, 13(2), 7-28.
- E. Yeon & H. Moon. (2017). Nursing Students' Perception of Importance of Personality and Personality Education. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, 17(12), 691-701.
- F. Faul, E. Erdfelder, A. G. Lang & A. Buchner. (2007). G*Power 3: a flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. Behavioral Research Methods, 39, 175-91. DOI: 10.3758/BF03193146 https://doi.org/10.3758/BF03193146
- Y. S. Lee. (1990). A study of the ethical values of Korean nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 20(2), 249-270.
- S. H. Lee, S. Y. Kim & J. A. Kim. (2007). Ethical value of nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration., 13(2), 145-155.
- K. Lutzen, M. Evertzon & C. Nordin. (1997). Moral sensitivity in psychiatric practice. Nursing Ethics, 4, 472-482. https://doi.org/10.1177/096973309700400604
- S. S. Han, J. H. Kim, Y. S. Kim & S. Ahn. (2010). Validation of a Korean version of the moral sensitivity questionnaire. Nursing Ethics, 17(1), 99-105. https://doi.org/10.1177/0969733009349993
- Y. S. Lee, H. Y. Kang & S. J. Kim. (2013). A validation study of the character index instrument for college students. Journal of Ethics Education Studies, 31, 261-282.
- IBM Corp. Released 2011. IBM SPSS Statistics for Windows, Version 20.0. NY : IBM Corp.
- M. Kim. (2014). Effects of nursing ethics education on moral development of nursing students. Doctoral dissertation. Catholic University, Seoul.
- O. Koo. (2016). A study on the changes in ethical values of new nursing students. Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(39). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i39/103228
- O. Koo, Y. M. Ryu & M. S. Kim. (2017, July). The effectiveness of standard ethics education to moral sensitivity and moral motivation of nursing students. The 7th International Conference on Convergence Technology in 2017. (pp. 1034-1035). Seoul, Naeha publishing.
- S. D. Kim. (2014). Effects of a blended learning program on ethical values in undergraduate nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration. 20(5), 567-575. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.5.567
- M. S. Yoo & K. C. Shon. (2011). Effects of nursing ethics education on biomedical ethics awareness, moral sensitivity and moral judgement of nursing students. Journal of Korean Bioethics Association, 12(2), 61-76.
- E. A. Kim, H. Y. Park, & S. E. Choi. (2014). The influence of moral sensitivity and critical thinking dispositions on biomedical ethics awareness of nursing students. Korean Journal of Medical Ethics, 17(2), 144-158.
- S. J. Kim. (2016). A study of a character education plan according to character levels and requirements for college students. The Korean Journal of the Human Development, 23(2), 1-19.
- J. M. Brown & N. A. Schmidt. (2016). Service-learning in undergraduate nursing education: Where is the reflection? Journal of Professional Nursing, 32(1), 48-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.profnurs.2015.05.001
- D. Kim & O. Woo. (2018). Reconstruction of discourse on curriculum reconstruction. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 9(6), 9-16. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.6.009
- S. Kim, Y. Kim, J. Kim, J. Lee, & K. Chang. (2018). A study on the development of convergence education program for workers in health and medical industry in preparation for the fourth industrial revolution. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 9(5), 43-52. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.5.043