- Volume 16 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Relationship on Corporate Governance, Corporate Real Estate Holding Policies and Firm Value: Focus on IFRS Adoption
기업지배구조와 기업부동산 보유정책과 기업가치와의 관련성: IFRS도입을 중심으로
- Received : 2018.07.03
- Accepted : 2018.09.20
- Published : 2018.09.28
Despite the fact that corporate real estate ratio accounts for a considerable proportion of the assets, such researches and studies are lacking and there is not enough such policies to utilize real estate more effectively in Korea. In particular, after IFRS adoption, the owner and manager needs to utilize corporate real estate assets as the assets are revalued. In this study, we analyzed the relationship between corporate governance, corporate real estate holding policies and firm value based on financial data from 2010 to 2016. As a result of regression analysis, this study showed that more Dictatorship Portfolio, the higher proportion of corporate real estate holdings. Next, the higher proportion of corporate real estate holdings, the lower the firm value. This study suggests that corporate real estate is recognized an important factor and should have proper holding ratio. I will continue my research to show that the corporate holding policies are an important asset impact by verifying the mediating effect between corporate governance and firm value in the future.
Corporate Governance;IFRS(International Financial Reporting Standards);Corporate real estate;Corporate real estate holding policy;Firm value
- W. S. Jung. (2010). An Empirical Study on the Relationship Between Corporate Real Estate Ownership and the Price Book Value Ratio. Real Estate Research, 20(2), 65-89.
- S. Zeckhauser & R. Silverman. (1983 January/February). Rediscover Your Company's Real Estate. Harvard Business Review, 111-117.
- M. Rodriuez & C. F. Sirmans. (1996). Managing Corporate Real Estate: Evidence from Capital Markets. Journal of Real Estate Literature, 4(1), 21-34.
- K. H. Liow. (1999). Corporate Investment and Ownership in Real Estate in Singapore: Some Empirical Evidence. Journal of Corporate Real Estate, 1(4), 329-342. https://doi.org/10.1108/14630019910811114
- W. C. Gang & S. S. Ko. (2015). An Empirical Study on the Influence of the Corporate Real Estate on the value of Firm. Korea Capital Market Institute, 29(1), 191-214.
- K. H. Liow. (2010). Is Real Estate an Important Factor in Corporate Valuation?. Evidence from listed Retail Firms. Journal of Corporate Real Estate, 12(4), 249-278. DOI: 10.1108/14630011011094685 https://doi.org/10.1108/14630011011094685
- Doopedia http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docld=1067517&cid=40942&categoryld=31914
- S. Y. Ha. (2014). The Effects of K-IFRS Adoption on Accounting Quality. Doctoral dissertation. Busan National University, Busan.
- D. B. Yoon. (2017). Measure of Real Estate Taxation in the Classify Income. Journal of Convergence Information Technology, 7(2), 137-142. DOI: 10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.2.137 https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2017.7.2.137
- O. E. Williamson. (1983). Organizational Form, Residual Claimants and Corporate Control. Journal of Law and Economics, 26(2), 351-366. https://doi.org/10.1086/467039
- J. Farinha. (2003). Corporate Governance: A Survey of the Literature. Doctoral dissertation. Porto University, Porto.
- Y. J. Wang & J. B. Lee. (1997). International Discussion of Corporate Governance. Korean Business Law Journal, 18, 105-125.
- E. Noha. (1993). Benchmarking: The Research for Best Practices in Corporate Real Estate. Journal of Real Estate Research, 8(4), 511-523.
- D. W. Kim & B. G. Kim. (2015). Corporate Investment Real Estate and Corporate Value -Evidence from Korean Listed Companies-. dbpia( Review of business & economics). http://www.dbpia.co.kr/Article/NODE06590930
- R. L. Constand, P. F. Lewis & M. J. Sullivan. (1991). Factor Affecting Price Earnings Ratios and Market Value of Japanese Firms. Financial Management, 20(4), 68-79. https://doi.org/10.2307/3665713
- C. Kwan, J. I. Park & S. H. Choi. (2013, June). The Effect of IFRS Adoption on Accounting Quality and Economic Consequences: A Literature Review and Suggestion for Future Research. Korean Accounting Journal, 38(2), 525-591.
- Y. S. Kim & S. M. Cho. (2014, April). The Economic Consequences of Financial Reporting under K-IFRS. Korean Accounting Review, 23(2), 73-103. DOI: 10.7737/KMSR.2014.31.1.017
- M. Barth, W. Landsman & M. Lang. (2008). International Accounting Standards and Accounting Quality. Journal of Accounting Research, 46(3), 467-498. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-679X.2008.00287.x
- S. H. Gu, W. Ping & S. Y. Jang. (2014, May). A Study on the Valuation of Real Estate Using the Applies Real Option Model Considering Population Structure Changes. Korean Management Science Review, 31(1), 17-26. https://doi.org/10.7737/KMSR.2014.31.1.017
- J. G. Jo & S. H. Choi. (2016). Firm's Market Value Trends after Information Security management System(ISMS) Certification acquisition. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 7(6), 237-247. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.237 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.6.237
- Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobin%27s_q
- M. C. Jensen. (1986). Agency Cost of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance and Takeovers. American Economic Review, 76, 323-329.
- D. W. Kim, M. C. Kim & B .G. Kim. (2014. May) An Empirical Study on the Factors between Korean Corporate Governance and Corporate Real Estate Holding Policies. Review of DEAHAN Association of Business Administration, Korea, 588-607.
- I. Nappi-Choulet, M. Cancel & F. Missonier-Piera. (2009). Value Creation and the Impact of Corporate Real Estate Assets: An Empirical Investigation with French listed Companies. Journal of Corporate Real Estate, 11(2), 78-90. https://doi.org/10.1108/14630010910963124
- H. J. Lim. (2013, Feb). The Effect of Ownership Concentration on Film Performance and Earnings Management: Static and Dynamic Panel Data Analysis. Doctoral dissertation. Busan National University, Busan.
- R. Krishna, L. Stuart & S. Frank. (2011). Improving Performance in New Zealand's Public Corporations: The Effect of Governance Practices. An International Journal of Policy, Administration, and Institutions, 24(3), 517-556. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-0491.2011.01537.x
- S. Bhagat & B. Bolton. (2008). Corporate Governance and Firm Performance. Journal of Corporate Finance, 14, 257-273. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcorpfin.2008.03.006
- Y. K. Park. (2014. Feb). A Study of Corporate Governance and Firm Performance. Doctoral dissertation. Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- K. H. Liow & T. L. Ooi. (2004). Does Corporate Real Estate Create Wealth for Shareholders?. Journal of Property Investment & Finance, 22(5), 386-400. https://doi.org/10.1108/14635780410556870
- D. Brounen, G. Colliander & P. M. A. Eichhiltz. (2009). Corporate Real Estate and Stock Performance in the International Retail Sector. Journal of Corporate Real Estate, 7(4), 287-299. https://doi.org/10.1108/14630010510651061
- Z. Feng, C. Ghosh & C. F. Sirmans. (2005). How Important is the Board of Directors to REIT Performance?. Journal of Corporate Real Estate Portfolio Management, 11(3), 281-293.
- T. F. Sing & C. F. Sirmans. (2008). Does Real Estate Ownership Matter in Corporate Governance?. Journal of Property Research, 25(1), 23-43. https://doi.org/10.1080/09599910802397065