- Volume 19 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on Regulations and Strategies for Increasing the Chinese Construction Market Share post the FTA between Korea and China
한중FTA 이후 중국 해외건설업의 규제실태와 진출 활성화 방안 연구
- Kim, Myeong-soo (Department of Economics, Catholic University of Korea)
- 김명수 (가톨릭대학교 경제학과)
- Received : 2018.03.06
- Accepted : 2018.07.03
- Published : 2018.09.30
This study analyzes difficulties of enterprise activities in Chinese construction market by surveys on early entrants and interviews with experts. This study also suggests future strategy to enter the market by using inducement coefficient model. Korean construction companies in China are under heavy pressure to maintain requirement of licenses, despite recent deregulation. They are in dire predicament for market entry due to the Foreign Direct Investment System. It is almost impossible to participate in public projects and also it is not easy to do PPP projects. Therefore, Korean government should make more efforts to solve those issues through negotiations in FTA and GPA. For future expansion in Chinese construction market, it is highly recommended to boost cooperation models between Korea and China according to the empirical results of inducement coefficient model. Korean companies should collaborate with Chinese companies in some fields: smart city, environment and water treatment. Also, Korean government should support Korean companies by diplomatic means such as requesting for further opening of China's market. In GPA or GATS negotiation, Korean government should ask Chinese government that Korean companies can obtain order independently (without joint venture with Chinese companies) in China. Lastly, Korean construction companies should participate in construction projects ordered by international organizations such as ADB, AIIB.
Supported by : 가톨릭대학교
- Do, T., Kim, M., and Choi, M. (2012). "An Analysis on Economic Effects of Overseas Construction by Foreign Countries." Journal of the Korean Regional Science Association, 28(3), pp. 25-39.
- Han, J., Park, H., and Jang, H. (2013). "A Study on Development of the Competitive Evaluation Model in Oversea Construction Industry." Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 14(2), pp. 12-21. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2013.14.2.012
- Hyundai Research Institute (2016). "Trends and implications on China infrastructure market." VIP REPORT 16-17.
- International Contractors Association of Korea (2007). "Strategies going into China construction market." Ministry of Construction and Transportation.
- Jang, R., Yoo, B., Lee, Y., and Kim, J. (2009). "A Study on the Analyzing Risk Factors in Chinese Construction Projects using AHP - Focus on Korean CM Company." Architectural Institute of Korea, 25(7), pp. 287-294.
- Kim, M. (2012). "An Analysis on Economic Effects of Overseas Construction." The Korea Spatial Planning Review, 73, pp. 271-281. https://doi.org/10.15793/kspr.2012.73..016
- Lee, S., and Choi, J. (2010). "A Study on Risks in China's Foreign Invested Water BOT Projects." Korean Society of Civil Engineering D, 30(3D), pp. 295-302.
- Lim, M. (2011). "Recent trend on distribution infrastructure construction in North-east China." Korea Institute for International Economic Policy Provincial Economic Trends In China, 2(23).
- Liu, A., Lee, K., Lee, C. and Han, S. (2014). "Institutional Risk Factors of Chinese Construction Market in View of International Contractors." Korean Society of Civil Engineering, 2014(10), pp. 1577-1578.
- Liu, Y., Oh, J., Kim, J., and Huh, Y. (2015). "Risk Analysis and Responding Strategies in Tender Stage for Successful Construction Project in China." Architectural Institute of Korea Journal, 31(7) pp. 109-116.
- Roh, S., Oh, J., Kim, H., and Lee. H. (2015). "Analysis of 2015 China provincial economic policy for New-normal." Korea Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Yang, J. (2015). "Opening China's Construction Markets through International Agreements and Nogotiations and Applications for Firms." Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 16(6), pp. 92-100. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2015.16.6.092
- Yu, J. (2016). "Implications of Smart Cities in China." China Area Studies Association of Korea, 3(1), pp. 81-99.
- Zhao, W. (2016). "The Project Exploitation Strategy of 'One Belt and One Road' of Korea Companies." Korea Trade Research Association, 2016(6), pp. 163-181.