- Volume 6 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Resistance and Aerobic Exercise on Gait Ability, Physical Fitness, and Body Composition in Older Women
저항운동과 유산소운동이 여성노인의 보행능력, 체력 및 신체구성에 미치는 효과
- Byun, Jaechul (Division of Health Sport, Uiduk University)
- 변재철 (위덕대학교 건강스포츠학부)
- Received : 2018.04.18
- Accepted : 2018.06.01
- Published : 2018.09.30
Purpose : The purpose of this study was to determined the effects of resistance and aerobic exercise on gait ability, physical fitness and body compositions in older women. Method : The subjects were 24 older women who were randomly divided into two groups (resistance exercise, n=12, and aerobic exercise, n=12). They 65~80 years old. The subjects done the Gym-ball, Togu, and senior dance exercise three times per week-for 70 minutes each time for 16 weeks. Body compositions, physical fitness, and gait ability were measured in this study. Result : There were significantly improved the walk performance after exercise training for 16 weeks. In particular, it was more effective on resistance exercise training in older women. There were significant differences in muscle endurance, flexibility, balance, body weight, percent of body fat, and body mass index (BMI) after the exercise program. Conclusion : It was more effective improved on muscle endurance, flexibility, and balance performance after resistance exercise program than an aerobic exercise program in older women.
- 김건, 김수현, 서삼기 등(2008). 탄력밴드저항운동이 노인의 균형 능력 향상에 미치는 영향. 대한물리치료학회지, 20(2), 1-10.
- 김용철, 김영수, 양정옥 등(2013). 운동형태에 따른 중년여성의 신체구성과 혈중지질의 변화. 한국데이터정보과학회지, 24(6), 1241 -1251.
- 김정은(2013). 규칙적 운동이 노인의 신체구성성분에 미치는 영향에 대한 체계적 문헌고찰. 한국여성체육학회지, 27(4), 129-138.
- 안성자, 안소윤(2017). 유산소운동과 근력운동이 노인의 하지근력과 통증, 균형에 미치는 영향. 대한통합의학회지, 5(2), 63-70. https://doi.org/10.15268/KSIM.2017.5.2.063
- 윤진환(2012). 노인의 근감소성 비만에 대한 저항성 운동전략. 대한비만학회지, 21(1), 5-10.
- 이승원, 이완희(2010). TENS 적용과 균형운동이 여성노인의 균형능력에 미치는 효과 비교. 한국노년학회지, 30(3), 993-1003.
- 이채우, 김현수, 배원식(2014). 필라테스 매트 운동과 불안정 지지면 운동이 65세 이상 노인의 균형에 미치는 영향. 대한통합의학회지, 2(3), 75-82. https://doi.org/10.15268/KSIM.2014.2.3.075
- 이한기, 이준철, 송근호(2014). 불안정한 지지면에서의 율동적 감각-운동훈련이 여성노인의 균형능력에 미치는 영향. 대한물리의학회지, 9(2), 181-191. https://doi.org/10.13066/kspm.2014.9.2.181
- 이혁종, 송창호, 이경진 등(2010). 복합운동프로그램이 노인의 하지근력, 근지구력, 균형능력, 보행능력에 미치는 효과. 한국사회체육학회지, 41, 935-947.
- 임창훈, 고유민(2015). 복합운동프로그램이 여성노인의 체력과 항노화 호르몬에 미치는 영향. 대한물리의학회지, 10(1), 53-61. https://doi.org/10.13066/kspm.2015.10.1.53
- 통계청(2017). 인구통계조사. 국가통계포털.
- A, Ramel A, Geirsdottir OG, et al(2014). Changes in body compositions and use of blood cholesterol lowering drugs predict changes in blood lipids during 12 weeks of resistance exercise training in old adults. Aging Clin Exp Res, 26(3), 287-292. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40520-013-0172-0
- Baumgartner RN(2000). Body composition in healthy aging. Ann NY Acad Sci, 904, 437-448.
- Gillespie LD, Robertson MC, Gillespie WJ, et al(2009). Interventions for preventing falls in older people living in the community. Cochane Database Syst Rev, CD007146.
- Halverstadt A, Phares DA, Wilund KR, et al(2007). Endurance exercise training raises high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and lowers small low-density lipoprotein and very low-density lipoprotein independent of body fat phenotypes in older men and women. Metabolism, 56(4), 440-450.
- Janda V, VaVrova M(1996). Sensory motor stimulation; in Liebenscn C. (Ed), Rehabilitation of the spine. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, pp.319-328.
- Kim SW, Bae YJ(2002). Effects of aerobic exercise with strength training on physical fitness and sex hormone elderly people. Korean J Phys Educ, 41(1), 477-491.
- Kisner C, Colby LA(2016). Therapeutic exercise. English publisher, 5th Ed, philadelphia, FA. Davis, pp.195-197.
- Lee CW, Cho GH(2014). Effects of stationary cycle exercise on gait and balance of elderly women. J Phys Ther Sci, 26(3), 431-433. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.26.431
- Liu CJ, Latham NK(2003). Progressive resistance strength training for improving physical function in older adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003:CD002759.
- Lindle RS, Metter EJ, Lynch NA, et al(1997). Age and gender comparisons of muscle strength in 654 women and men aged 20-93 yr. J Appl physiol, 83(5), 1581-1587. https://doi.org/10.1152/jappl.19126.96.36.1991
- Manini TM, Pahor M(2009). Physical activity and maintaining physical function in older adults. Br J Sports Med, 43(1), 28-31. https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2009.058230
- Nair KS(2005). Aging muscle. J Clin Nutr, 81(5), 953-963. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/81.5.953
- No HG(2011). The effect on body composition and fat cells of combined exercise program for overweight middle-aged women. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Mokpo National University, Mokpo.
- Oh YS(2008). The effects on combined aerobic exercise of fitness, physical activity in middle-aged obese women. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Sangmyung Uuniversity, Seoul.
- Papa EV, Dong X, Hassan M(2017). Resistance training for activity limitations in older adults with skeletal muscle function deficits: a systematic review. Clin Interv Aging, 13(12), 955-961.
- Park JK, Park HT(2016). Effects of 6 months of aerobic and resistance exercise training on carotid artery intima thickness in overweight and obese older women. Geriatr Gerontol Int, 17(12), 2304-2310.
- Peterson MD, Rhea MR, Sen A, et al(2010). Resistance exercise for muscular strength in older adults: a meta-analysis, Ageing Res Rev, 9(3), 226-237. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arr.2010.03.004
- Peterson MD, Sen A, Gordon PM(2011). Influence of resistance exercise on lean body mass in aging adults; a meta-analysis. Med Sci Sports Exerc, 43(2), 249-258. https://doi.org/10.1249/MSS.0b013e3181eb6265
- Seo DH, Park GD(2014). Effect of togu-exercise on lumbar back strength of women with chronic low back pain. J Phys Ther Sci, 26(5), 637-639. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.26.637
- Quittan M(2016). Aspects of physical medicine and rehabilitation in the treatment of deconditioned patients in the acute care setting: the role of skeletal muscle. Wien Med Wochen-schr, 166(1-2), 28-38. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10354-015-0418-x
- Wade MG, Jones G(1997). The role of vision and spatial orientation in the maintenance of posture. Phys Ther, 77(6), 619-628. https://doi.org/10.1093/ptj/77.6.619
- Weinheimer EM, Sands LP, Campbell WW(2010). A systemic review of the separate and combined effects of energy restriction and exercise on fat-free mass in middle-aged and older adults: implications for sarcopenic obesity, Nutr Rev, 68(7), 375-388. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1753-4887.2010.00298.x
- Yeun YR(2017). Effectiveness of resistance exercise using elastic bands on flexibility and balance among the elderly people living in the community: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Phys Ther Sci, 29(9), 1695-1699. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.29.1695
- Zijlstra GA, Van Haastregt JC, Van Eijk JT, et al(2007). Prevalence and correlates of fear of falling, and associated avoidance of activity in the general population of community-living older people. Age Ageing, 36, 304-309. https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afm021