- Volume 27 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Device for Measuring Egg Density and Adaptation under Laboratory Conditions
어류 수정란(egg) 밀도 측정 장치 개발 및 적용
- Park, Jong Won (Department of Marine Bioscience, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Jung, Hae Kun (Department of Marine Bioscience, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Park, Joo Myun (Department of Marine Bioscience, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Park, Heum-Gi (Department of Marine Bioscience, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Lee, Chung Il (Department of Marine Bioscience, Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- 박종원 (강릉원주대학교 해양자원육성학과) ;
- 정해근 (강릉원주대학교 해양자원육성학과) ;
- 박주면 (강릉원주대학교 해양자원육성학과) ;
- 박흠기 (강릉원주대학교 해양자원육성학과) ;
- 이충일 (강릉원주대학교 해양자원육성학과)
- Received : 2018.05.04
- Accepted : 2018.07.27
- Published : 2018.09.30
Information about the density of fish eggs is important to understand the vertical distribution of eggs and survival in early stage, in particular change in egg density is one of major issue in fisheries. This paper describes a practical application of an experimental system for measurement of the fish egg density under laboratory conditions. The device can control the temperature range in each water column, and make different densities at each layer. The density of olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus) eggs have ranged from 1,018.49 to
Grant : MICT기반 명태 수산자원 회복.관리기술 개발
Supported by : 해양수산과학기술진흥원
- Bunn, N. A., Fox, C. J., Webb, T., 2000, A Literature review of studies on fish egg mortality: Implications for the estimations of spawning stock biomass by the annual egg production method, Lowestoft: Sci. Ser. Tech. Rep., CEFAS, 37.
- Coombs, J., Hind, G., Leegood, R. C., Tieszen, L. L., Vonshak, A., 1985, Analytical Techniques, In: Techniques in Bioproductivity and photosynthesis 2nd edition, (Eds), Coombs, J. Hall, D. O. Long S. P., Scurlock, J. M. O., Pergamon Press, 219-220.
- Jung, H. S., Kim, Y. K., Kim, H. C., Noh, J. K., Lee, J. H., Kim, D. S., 2015, Embryonic development of haploid olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus, Kor. J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 48, 696-703.
- Jung, K. M., Kang, S., Cha, H. K., Choi, K. H., Myksvol, M. S., 2013, Buoyancy and vertical distribution of Mackerel Scomber japonicus eggs in Korean waters, J. Fish. Aquat. Sci., 46, 957-965.
- Kim, S., Yoo, J. M., Lee, E. K., 2004, Density changes of Maurolicus muelleri eggs during development, Kor. J. Ichthyol, 16, 331-335.
- Kim, Y. S., Do, Y. H., Kim, S. Y., Chang, Y. J., 2010, Developmental speed of olive flounder Paralichthys olivaceus eggs in various water temperatures. Dev. Reprod.., 14, 59-63.
- Leggett, W. C., Deblois, E., 1994, Recruitment in marine fishes: Is it regulated by starvation and predation in the egg and larval stages?, Neth. J. Sea Res., 32, 119-134. https://doi.org/10.1016/0077-7579(94)90036-1
- Nissling, A., Nyberg, S., Petereit, C., 2017, Egg buoyancy of flounder, Platichthys flesus, in the Baltic Sea adaptation to salinity and implications for egg survival, Fish. Res., 191, 179-189. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2017.02.020
- Ospina-Alvarez, A., Palomera, I., Parada, C., 2012, Changes in egg buoyancy during development and its effects on the vertical distribution of anchovy eggs, Fish. Res., 117, 86-95.