- Volume 27 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
The Study of Odor-causing Compounds Emitted from a Stuffing Agent Production Process
가지제(加脂劑) 생산공정에서 배출되는 악취원인물질 연구
- Seo, Yong-Soo (Department of Environment Research Institute, Pukyong National University) ;
- Suh, Jeong-Min (Department of Bioenvironmental Energy, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2018.05.31
- Accepted : 2018.08.09
- Published : 2018.09.30
The volatile odor compounds emitted form a stuffing agent production process were quantified by ATD and GC-MS, and then odor causing compounds were identified by the method of EOI using each TLV. As the results, 72 odor compounds were detected and total concentration was turned up 87.6 ppmv level. In these compounds, aldehyde group is higher 45.49 ppmv than others group, the next is turn up the order of aliphatics, alcohols, esters, ketones. The EOA of aldehyde group show up 101,720 and 97.2%, respectively, the odor causing compounds were identified each of odor 2-Octenal 28.31%, Hexanal 24.06%, Valeraldehyde 16.07%, Butyraldehyde 9.69%, Heptanal 4.97%, Propionaldehyde 4.64%, Acetaldehyde 3.31%. The TLVs of 7 major odor compounds are lower value level of 0.001~0.0001 ppmv, odor causing even in trace level. We need to be concerned with reduction of aldehyde compounds in the odor problem by a stuffing agent production process or ironing process of the textile containing a stuffing agent.
Odor causing compounds;Expected odor intensity;Stuffing agent;Thermal desorber
Supported by : 부산대학교
- Jung, J. S., Kim, D. C., Lee, H. C., Yeon, S. W., Yeon, I. J., 2016, A Study on the odor compounds emitted using odor contribution analysis - Focus on the ochang scientific industrial complex area, J. Environ. Sci., 25(9), 1329-1339.
- Nagata, Y., Takeuchi, N., 1996, A Report on sensory measurement of odor in exercise at National Environmental Training Institute, Bulletin, Japan Environ. Sanitation Center, Kanagawa-Ken, 23, 67-79.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information. PubChem Compound Database; CID=16900, https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/16900 (accessed May 31, 2018).
- Noh, D. j., Seo, Y. S., Lee, J. K., 2016, Emissions of odorous and siloxane compounds from a sewage sludge drying facility and removals of the compounds using a packed bed wet scrubber, J. Korean Material Cycle Waste Manage., 33(3), 230-238.
- Paeng, J. I., Cho, S. J., Kim, H. M., 2008, Odor characteristics of dyeing and finishing textile factories, J. Korean Soci. Environ. Admin., 14(2), 45-54.
- Park, C. S., Yoo, Y. J., Choi, H. Y., Yoo, J. H., Lee, I. H., Ha, J. H., Kim, M. G., 2009, Identification of individual odor characteristic and odor-active compounds from a dye company, J. Korean Soci. Odor Res. Eng., 8(3), 144-150.
- Seo, S. J., Seo, Y. K., Hwang, Y. J., Jung, D. H., Baek, S. O., 2014, Application of adsorption sampling and thermal desorption with GC/MS analysis for the measurement of low-molecular weight PAHs in ambient Air, J. Korean Soci. Atmos. Environ., 30(4), 362-377. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2014.30.4.362
- Seo, Y. S., Lee, J. K., 2009, The study of simultaneous analysis for trace multi-odorous and volatile organic gases using a triple-bed adsorbent tube, Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 48(2), 244-252.
- Seo, Y. S., Lee, Y. E., 2012, Assessments of the VOCs and smells compounds emitted from properties exhumed at Sim Seol Tomb, J. Korean Soci. Conserv. Sci. Cultural Property, 28(1), 63-73.
- US EPA Method To-17A, 1999, Determination of volatile organic compounds in ambient air using active sampling onto sorbent tubes, 2nd Edtion, 9-22.
- Villberg, K., Veijanen, A., 2001, Analysis of GC/MS thermal desorption system with simultaneous sniffing for determination of off-odor compounds and VOCs in fumes fomed during extrusion coating of low-density polyethylene, Anal. Chem., 73, 971-977. https://doi.org/10.1021/ac001114w
- An, S. Y., Choi, S. W., 2005, Measurement of odor compounds from odorous emissions source of Industrial Complex, J. Environ. Sci., 14(1), 81-89.
- Hwang, Y. S., Park, H. J., Chung, G. H., Kim, D. H., Na, B. K., 2011, Full-scale EFC study on oil recovery and reuse from discharge gas of tenter facility in textile industry, Clean tech., 17(3), 259-265. https://doi.org/10.7464/KSCT.2011.17.3.259