- Volume 27 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
A Study on VS Removal Efficiency and Methane Emission in Combined Anaerobic Digestion of Livestock Manure and Food Waste
가축분뇨 및 음식물쓰레기의 혐기성 소화 병합처리 시 VS 제거효율과 메탄 발생량의 관한 연구
- Choi, Young-Ik (Department of Environmental Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Ji, Hyeon-Jo (Department of Environmental Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Jung, Jin-Hee (Department of Environmental Engineering, Dong-A University) ;
- Jung, Byung-Gil (Department of Environmental Engineering, Dong-Eui University) ;
- Kim, Jung-Geon (Department of Environmental Engineering, Dong-Eui University)
- Received : 2018.03.27
- Accepted : 2018.05.15
- Published : 2018.09.30
Livestock manure treatments have become a more serious problem because massive environmental pollutions such as green and red tides caused by non-point pollution sources from livestock manures have emerged as a serious social issue. In addition, more food wastes are being produced due to population growth and increased income level. Since the London Convention has banned the ocean dumping of wastes, some other waste treatment methods for land disposal had to be developed and applied. At the same time, researches have been conducted to develop alternative energy sources from various types of wastes. As a result, anaerobic digestion as a waste treatment method has become an attractive solution. In this study has three objectives: first, to identify the physical properties of the mixture of livestock wastewater and food waste when combining food waste treatment with the conventional livestock manure treatment based on anaerobic mesophilic digestion; second, to find the ideal ratio of waste mixture that could maximize the collection efficiency of methane (
Anaerobic Digestion;Livestock Manure;Food Waste;Combined Treatment;
Supported by : 한국과학창의재단
- Kim, J. H., 2000, Characteristics of VFAs formation in the acidogenic phase of food waste and sewage sludge co-digestion, Ph. D. Dissertation, Ulsan University, Ulsan, KOR.
- Lee, B. G., 2006, The condition and management measure of marine disposal of wastes, The Korean Society Of Marine Environment & Safety, May, 109-115.
- Lee, S. W., 2009, A Study on increase of methane product for food waste anaerobic digestion using the sulfate reduction reaction, Ph. D. Dissertation, Dong-Eui University, Busan, KOR.
- Ministry of Environment, 2011, A Study on the Economic Analysis and the Improvement of the Installation and Operation of the Livestock Treatment Facilities, Research Service Report, Korea Environment Corporation, Seoul, KOR.
- Montero, B., Garcia-Morales, J. L., Sales, D., Solera, R., 2009, Analysis of ethanogenic activity in a thermophilic-dry anaerobic reactor, Use of fluorescent in situ hybridization, Waste Management, 29, 1144-1151. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wasman.2008.08.010
- Park, K. C., 2000, Comparison of anaerobic digestion performance in sewage sludge and livestick wastewater mixing food waste, Ph. D. Dissertation, Dong-A University, Busan, KOR.
- Park, S. H., 2015, The characteristics of optimal mixing ratio for anaerobic digestion of livestock and food wastes, Ph. D. Dissertation, Hanbat National University, Daejeon, KOR.
- Yang, H. H., 2009, A Study on the operation and performance of anaerobic digesters of STPs in Korea, Ph. D. Dissertation, Korea University, Seoul, KOR.