- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on US Consumer's Subjectivity Schemata of Sharing Economy: Q Methodology
공유경제에 관한 미국 소비자의 주관성 가치체계 연구 : Q 방법론의 적용
- Kim, Ki-youn (Dept. of Marketing Information Consulting, Mokwon University)
- Received : 2018.06.30
- Accepted : 2018.07.24
- Published : 2018.08.31
The purpose of this study is to explore the present US consumer behavioral trends and various cognitive schema types for sharing economy frame and shared service. For this, by applying Q methodology, this paper theoretically defines three differentiated typologies of US consumer in a interpretive perspective. This study is in-depth focused on discovering and categorizing characteristics of a respondent's thinking structure called 'schemata'. According to the entire procedures of Q methodology, this paper analyzed Q-sorted data from twenty-four people in the basis of forty Q-samples (statements). Consequently, we discovered four consumer groups named as Type 1 'Socialsumer', Type 2 'Smarsumer', Type 3 'Researsumer'.
- European Commission, "A European Agenda for the Collaborative Economy", 2016.
- KY Kim, "A Study on Typologing the Korean's Perception Schemata on the Business Value of Sharing Economy", Journal of Korean Society for the Scientific Study of Subjectivity, Vol. 29, pp. 99-119, 2014. http://kiss.kstudy.com/thesis/thesis-view.asp?key=3293126
- G. Lorna, "New Financial Horizons: The Emergence of an Economy of Communication", New York: New City Press, 2010.
- A. Philippe, "Sharing: Culture and the Economy in the Internet Age", Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, 2012.
- KY Kim, HK Kim, "A Study on Consumer Preference Typologing toward Sharing Economy Service Models Based on Collaborative Consumption: A Strategic Approach to Marketing Communications", Journal of Korean Society for the Scientific Study of Subjectivity, Vol. 27, pp. 23-40, 2013. http://kiss.kstudy.com/thesis/thesis-view.asp?key=3293159
- Y Choi, CK Lee, "Effects of Digital Cultural Capital on the Perception of Sharing Economy", Korean Journal of Communication Studies, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 89-110, 2013. http://kiss.kstudy.com/thesis/thesis-view.asp?key=3137287
- K Yoon, EJ Lee, "A Comparative Study on the Effects of CSR and CSV: The Moderating Role of Self-efficacy and Message Involvement," The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 53-72, 2014. http://www.earticle.net/article.aspx?sn=214105 https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2014.2.28.53
- ST Kim, NJ Kim, "Analysis of Growth Process on Sharing Economy Platform in Tourism Industry Using Actor-Network Theory: Focused on Airbnb", Journal of Tourism Science, Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 163-183, 2018. http://dx.doi.org/10.17086/JTS.2018.42.3.163.183 https://doi.org/10.17086/JTS.2018.42.3.163.183
- SK Na, EM Kim, EH Choi, "Current Status and Implications of the Sharing Economy in the US, Europe, and China", Korea Institute for International Economic Policy, 2017. https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3147473
- KC Park, SD Lee, "The Sharing Economy", Seoul Digital Foundation, 2016. http://sdf.seoul.kr/_backend/file_download.php?idx=3&type=reference
- HK. Kim, "Q Methodology: Philosophy, Theories, Analysis, and Application", Seoul: Communication Books, Inc., 2008.
- A. Andreas, "Psychographic Segmentation in the Financial Services Context: A Theoretical Framework", The Marketing Review, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 277-296, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1362/146934708X337681 https://doi.org/10.1362/146934708X337681
- W. Stephenson, "The Study of Behavior: Q-technique and Its Methodology", Chicago: University of Chicago: University of Chicago Press., 1953.
- G. Thomson, "The Evaluation of Public Opinion", New York: Free Press., 1966.
- JH Lee, JW Choi, KY Kim, "Segmenting Korean Millennial Consumers of Sharing Economy Services on Social Networking: A Psychographic-based Approach", Journal of Internet Computing and Services, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 109-121, 2015. http://kiss.kstudy.com/thesis/thesis-view.asp?key=3505244 https://doi.org/10.7472/jksii.2015.16.6.109
- R. A. Fisher, "The Design of Experiments", New York: Hafner., 1960.
- HY. Kim, "P Sampling and Q Sorting", Journal of Korean Society for the Scientific Study of Subjectivity", Vol. 15, pp. 5-19, 2007. http://kiss.kstudy.com/thesis/thesis-view.asp?key=2658234
- N. W. Smith, "Current Systems in Psychology: History, Theory", Research, And Applications, WadsworthPub., 2001.
- B. H. Reber, S. E. Kaufman, F. Cropp, "Assessing Q-Assessor: A Validation Study of Computer Based Q Sorts versus Paper Sorts", Operant Subjectivity, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 192-209, 2000. http://www.operantsubjectivity.org/pub/795