- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Guideline for the Diagnose of Geotechnical Structure (Underground Oil Storage Cavern) using a Microseismic Monitoring System
음향미소진동기반 모니터링 시스템을 이용한 지반구조물(유류 지하저장시설) 진단평가 가이드라인
- Received : 2018.07.06
- Accepted : 2018.07.24
- Published : 2018.08.31
Monitoring is the act of collecting and analyzing accurate engineering information using various methods and instruments. The purposes of the monitoring are design verification, construction management, quality control, safety management, and diagnose of structure etc.. The diagnose evaluation of the geotechnical structures corresponds to the confirmation of the structural performance. It is aimed to judge the soundness of geotechnical structures considering the degree of damage due to the environmental change and elapsed time. Recently, microseismicity, which is widely known in Korea, can be used for safety management and diagnoses of structure as it detects the micro-damage without disturbance of the structure. This report provides guideline on the procedure for assessing an underground oil storage cavern using microseismic monitoring techniques. Guidelines cover the selection of monitoring systems, sensor array, sensor installation and operation of systems, and interpretation.
Microseismic;Monitoring;Underground oil storage cavern;Diagnose
- ASTM Standard E750, 2015, Standard Practice for Characterizing acoustic emission Instrumentation, ASTM International.
- ASTM Standard E1316, 2018, Terminology for Nondestructive Examinations, ASTM International.
- Ishida., T., Labuz, J.F., Manthei, G., Meredith, P.G., Nasseri, M.H.B., Shin, K., Yokyama, T., Zang, A., 2017, ISRM Suggested Method for Laboratory Acoustic Emission Monitoring, Rock Mech. Rock Eng., 50, 665-674. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00603-016-1165-z
- ISO 12716, 2001, Non-destructive testing-acoustic emission inspection-Vocabulary, International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland.
- NDIS 2421, 2000, Recommended practice for in situ monitoring of concrete structure by acoustic emission, Japanese Society for Nondestructive Inspection.
- KS B 0550, 1996, Glossary of terms in nondestructive testing, Korean Agency for Technology and Standards.
- KS B ISO12713, 2013, Non-destructive testing-Acoustic emission inspection-Primary calibration of transducers, Korean Agency for Technology and Standards.
- Xiao, Y.X, Feng, X.T., Hudson, J.A., Chen, B.R., Feng, G.L., Liu, J.P., 2016, ISRM Suggested Method for In Situ Microseismic Monitoring of the Fractureing Process in Rock Masses, Rock Mech. Rock Eng., 49, 843-869.
Grant : 에너지 지하저장시설의 해외시장 진출을 위한 핵심기술 개발 및 Value Chain 통합기술관리 시스템 개발
Supported by : 산업통산자원부