- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Vertical Temperature Difference of Steel Box Girder Bridge by Field Measurement
실측에 의한 강박스거더교의 상하 온도차에 대한 연구
- Lee, Seong-Haeng (Department of Civil Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Young-Chun (Department of Ulsan-Pohang Line PM, Korea Rail Network Authority)
- Received : 2018.05.02
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
For domestic application of the temperature gradient model proposed by foreign design standards, a specimen of steel box girder bridge was fabricated with the following dimensions: 2.0 m width, 2.0 m height and 3.0 m length. Temperature was measured using 24 temperature gauges during the summer of 2016. The reliability of the measured data was verified by comparing the measured air temperature with the ambient air temperature of the Korea Meteorological Administration. Of the measured gauges, four temperature gauges that can be compared with the temperature difference of the Euro code were selected and used to analyze the distribution of the measured temperatures at each point. The reference atmospheric temperature for the selection of the maximum temperature difference was determined by considering the standard error. Maximum and minimum temperatures were calculated from the four selected points and the resulting temperature difference was calculated. The model for the temperature difference in the steel box girder bridge was shown by graphing the temperature difference. Compared to the temperature distribution of the Euro code, the presented temperature difference model showed a temperature difference of
Temperature difference;Steel box girder specimen;Temperature measurement;Euro code;Temperaturegradient model
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Highway Bridge Design Criteria(in Korea)(Limit state design method), 2015.
- AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications (SI Units, 4th Edition), pp. 3-99-3-104, 2007.
- Roeder, C. Proposed Design Method for Thermal Bridge Movements, Journal of Bridge Engineering, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 12-19, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0702(2003)8:1(12) https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1084-0702(2003)8:1(12)
- British Standards Institution, Steel, Concrete and Composite Bridges, Part 2. Specification for loads, appendix E. BS5400: pp. 20-23, 2004.
- Lee, S. H., Shin, H. K., Kim, K. N., Jung, k. S., An Experimental Study for Estimation of effective temperature for design in Steel Box Girder Bridge, Journal of korean Society of Steel Construction, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 449-458, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2016.28.6.449 https://doi.org/10.7781/kjoss.2016.28.6.449
- Lee, S. H., Evaluation of Maximum Effective Temperature for Estimate Design Thermal Loads in Steel Box Girder Bridges, Journal of the korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 133-138, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.8.133 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.8.133
- Lee, S. H., Calculation of Maximum Effective Temperature of Steel Box Girder Bridge Using Artificial Neural Network, Journal of the korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 96-103, 2018. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2018.19.3.96 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2018.19.3.96
- Lee, S. H., Study of the Temperature Difference between the Top and Bottom Web of Steel Box Girder without Concrete Slab by using Gauge Measurement, Journal of the Korea Academia -Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, no. 12, pp. 7350-7356, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.12.7350 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.12.7350