- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Change of Components of Distilled Soju Using Different Fermentation Agents
다양한 발효제를 이용한 증류식소주의 성분 변화
- Moon, Sae-Hee (Dept. of Convergence Industry, Seoul Venture University) ;
- Cheong, Chul (Dept. of Convergence Industry, Seoul Venture University)
- Received : 2018.07.06
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
The purpose of this study is to develop a distilled soju with high quality and stable brewing technology by analyzing the changes of general components and volatile components in the production of distilled soju by the use of fermentation agent such as koji and nuruk. White rice flour was used as a main raw material. White koji, yellow koji, traditional nuruk, and improved nuruk were used as a fermentation agent respectively. Also, yellow koji, traditional nuruk, and improved nuruk were added at a certain ratio to prepare white koji. The distillate was prepared by vacuum distillation and the quality characteristics were compared and analyzed. When the fermentation agent was used alone, the alcohol content was higher in the order of white koji, improved nuruk, yellow koji, and traditional nuruk. The initial acidity was higher than that of other fermentation agents and the highest alcohol content was found to be helpful for stable brewing. The highest content of higher alcohol was found in the yellow koji mash, and ethyl acetate was the highest in the traditional nuruk. When the fermentation agents were mixed, there was no difference in the alcohol content between
Distilled soju;Nuruk;Koji;Vacuum distillation;Volatile compounds
- D. H. Lee, Y. S. Lee, C. H. Cho, I. T. Park, H. D. Kim, J. H. Kim, B. H. Ahn, "The Qualities of Liquor Distilled from Ipguk (koji) or Nuruk under Reduced or Atmospheric Pressure", Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, Vol.46, No.1, pp.25-32, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2014.46.1.25 https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2014.46.1.25
- H. C. Yi, S. H. Moon, J. S. Park, J. W. Jung, K. T. Hwang, "Volatile Compounds in Liquor Distilled from Mash Produced Using Koji and Nuruk under Reduced or Atmospheric Pressure", Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, Vol.39, No.6, pp.880-886, 2010. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.6.880 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.6.880
- J. K. Lee, S. H. Moon, K. H. Bae, J. H. Kim, H. S. Choi, T. W. Kim, C. Jung. Distilled Spirits. pp. 191-192, Kwangmoonkag Pub. Co., 2015.
- Y. Lee, T. Eom, C. Cheong, H. Cho, I. Kim, M. Kim, S. Yu, Y. Jeong, "Quality Characteristics of Spirits by Different Distillation and Filtrations", Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, Vol.42, No.12, pp.2012-2018, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.12.2012 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.12.2012
- D. H. Lee, J. W. Jung, Y. S. Lee, J. S. Seo, I. T. Park, T. W. Kim, J. H. Kim, B. H. Ahn, "Quality Characteristics of Distilled Liquor Produced Using Ipguk (Koji) During Aging", Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, Vol.46, No.6, pp.694-701, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2014.46.6.694 https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2014.46.6.694
- Y. K. Min, H. S. Yun, H. S. Jeong, Y. S. Jang, " Changes in Compositions of Liquor Fractions Distilled from Samil-ju with Various Distillation Conditions", Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 440-446, 1992.
- Y. H. Kwon, A. R. Lee, H. R. Kim, J. H. Kim, B. H. Ahn, "Quality Properties of Makgeolli Brewed with Various Rice and Koji", Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, Vol.45, No.1, pp.70-76, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2013.45.1.70 https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2013.45.1.70
- Ministry of Food and Drug Safety. Food Code. 2018.
- E. H. Han, T. S. Lee, B. S. Noh, D. S. Lee, "Volatile Flavor Components in Mash of Takju Prepared by Using Different Nuruks", Korean J. Food Sci. Technol., Vol. 134, No. 3, pp. 563-570, 1997.
- D. H. Lee, I. T. Park, Y. S. Lee, J. S. Seo, J. W. Jung, T. W. Kim, J. H. Kim, B. H. Ahn, "Quality Characteristics of Fermented Wine Using Nuruk by Aging Container and Period of Distilled Liquor", Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, Vol.43, No.10, pp.1579-1587, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.10.1579 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2014.43.10.1579