- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
An Economic Review on the Short-run Storability of Field Citrus in Jeju
노지감귤 단기 저장가능성에 대한 경제적 효과 검토
- Ahn, Kyeong Ah (Research Division of Economy and Industry in Jeju Research Institute) ;
- Moon, Tae Wan (Dept. of Agricultural Economics, Graduate School in JeJu National University) ;
- Kim, Bae Sung (Dept. of Applied Economics, SARI in JeJu National University, Research Institute for Subtropical Agriculture and Animal Biotechnology)
- Received : 2018.05.30
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
Citrus fruits can be classified as field citrus, greenhouse citrus, citrus produced by rain proof cultivation and late-harvested citrus such as Hallabong, Chunhaehyang, and Jinjihyang according to cultivation method or variety in Jeju province of Korea. The consumption of late-harvested citrus has been increasing steadily since 1990 because the sugar content of the fruits is ordinary higher than field citrus. The cultivation land of citrus produced by rain proof cultivation has been also enlarged continuously aided by Korean government support program and quality increasing effect of this cultivation method. However, the cultivation land of field citrus has been decreasing since 2010. In spite of such a decrease of cultivation land, recently the price of field citrus rather declined according to increasing of yield per 10a. For the estimation and forecast of the long-term supply-demand model in the field citrus, we constructed a partial balance model for the individual field citrus and estimated individual equation in each item's model by using the econometric method. As a result of the production storage scenario analysis, the cultivation area is expected to store 5%(14.49ha), 10%(14.97ha). 15%(15.50ha) of citrus production in 2027. This study reviews the structure of storage, and storability in Jeju field citrus and suggest several policy implications.
Citrus Fruit;Field Citrus;Storability;Jeju Province;Structure of Storage;Supply-Deamand
Supported by : 제주대학교
- H. G. Kim, S. C. Min, D. H. Oh, J. J. Koo, K. B. Song, "Combined Treatment of Chlorine Dioxide Gas, Mild Heat, and Fumaric Acid on Inactivation of Listeria monocytogenes and Quality of Citrus unshiu Marc. during Storage", Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, Vol.45, No.8, pp.1233-1238. 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.8.1233 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.8.1233
- H. H. Lee, S. I. Hong, S. M. Son, D. M. Kim, "Effect of On-site Postharvest Hot Water Treatment on Storage Quality of Commercial Greenhouse Satsuma Mandarin", Korean Journal of Food Science and Technology, Vol.43, No.5, pp.577-582, 2011. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2011.43.5.577 https://doi.org/10.9721/KJFST.2011.43.5.577
- J. W. Hyun, S. C. Lee, Y. B. Ihm, D. H. Kim, S. W. Ko, K. S. Kim, "Protective Effect of Iminoctadine tris(albesilate) and Kresoxim-methyl Fungicides to Citrus Postharvest Diseases caused by Penicillium spp.", The Korean Journal of Pesticide Science, Vol.5, No.2, pp.37-44, June, 2001.
- J. S. Koh, Y. T. Yang, S. C. Song, S. H. Kim, J. Y. Kim, "Cold Storage Characteristics of Early Variety of Citrus unshiu Produced in Cheju with Various Treatments", Agricultural Chemistry and Biotechnology, Vol.40, No.2, pp.117-122, 1997.
- J. H. Lee, M. W. Seo, H. G. Kim, "Isolation and Characterization of an Antagonistic Endophytic Bacterium Bacillus velezensis CB3 the Control of Citrus Green Mold Pathogen Penicillium digitatum", The Korean Journal of Mycology, Vol.40, No.2, pp.118-123, 2012. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2012.40.2.118 https://doi.org/10.4489/KJM.2012.40.2.118
- K. J. Park, H. J. An, S. S. Kim, Y. H. Choi, "Effect of Citrus Essential Oils for Postharvest Decay Control of Satsuma Mandarine (Citrus unshiu Marc.) during Storage", Horticulture Abstract, Korean Society For Horticultural Science, pp.153-154, May 2016.
- S. W. Park, J. R. Lee, D. Y. Moon, "Effect of ozone treatment on storability and quality of mandarine orange", Korean Journal of Horticultural Science & Technology, Vol.17, No.2, pp.240-240, April 1999. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/I410-ECN-0102-2009-520-002542886
- Y. J. Yang, "Postharvest Quality of Satsuma Mandarin Fruit Affected by Controlled Atomsphere", Korean Journal of Horticultural Science & Technology, Vol.19, No.2, pp.145-148, April 2001.
- B. S. Kim, S. B. Ko, T. W. Moon, M. S. Kim, A Review on the Structure of Processing, Storage, and Marketing in Jeju Citrus Industry, Research Report, Korea Rural Economic Institute, pp.41-50. 2017(In the course of publication).
- J. S. Koh, Development of Citrus Storage Technology, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, 2001.
- NACF, Analysis on the Distribution and Processing of Jeju Citrus, 2016.