- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Forest Information Mapping using GIS and Forest Basic Statistics
GIS 및 산림기본통계를 이용한 산림정보지도 제작
- Park, Joon-Kyu (Department of Civil Engineering, Seoil University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Sin (Department of Construction Engineering Education, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2018.07.03
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
Currently, Korea is ahead of the forest sector such as forest management, forest investigation and forest management, which is not insufficient compared with the forest advanced countries (Germany, Japan, Austria). However, there is a lack of systematic and advanced forest management plan and related research, and it is not enough to construct GIS for practical and complex analysis. Therefore, in order to perform forest analysis effectively, this study maps forest basic statistics (2010, 2015) based on GIS to map forest information. As a result, the forest area, growing stock, average growing stock, and forest rate could be produced with the maximized visual effect by detailed administrative districts, and systematic analysis of the time series changes was also possible. Forest area increased only in Goseong, Sejong, Cheolwon, Yeoncheon, Daejeon, and Seoul Guro-gu, and decreased in all other areas, while growing stock increased in most areas, Uljin, Ulleung, Seoul Nowon-gu, and Seoul Gangdong-gu. The average growing stock was found to increase in most areas excluding the four administrative districts and the forest rate was higher in 10 regions (Goseong, Yeoncheon, Gongju, Busan Dong-gu, Daegu Seo-gu, etc.) but it decreased in most regions excluding 10 regions. Based on this research, we plan to produce and analyze forest information maps for smaller administrative districts and more.
Forest Area Map;Forest Basic Statistics;Forest Information Map;Forest Rate Map;GIS;Growing Stock Map
Supported by : 서일대학교
- H. D. Seo, J. C. Ku, J. H. Jeong, J. Y. Choi, J. Y. Gwak, S. Y. Lee, N. R. Kim, "Promotion of Local Forestry and Regional Forest Management", p.138, Research Report, Korea Rural Economic Institute, 2015. ISBN: 978-89-6013-822-3 (93520)
- K. M. Choi, M. I. Kim, W. K. Lee, H. U. Gang, D. J. Chung, E. J. Ko, B. H. Yun, C. H. Kim, "Estimating Radial Growth Response of Major Tree Species using Climatic and Topographic Condition in South Korea", Journal of Climate Change Research, Vol.5, No.2, pp.127-137, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15531/KSCCR.2014.5.2.127 https://doi.org/10.15531/KSCCR.2014.5.2.127
- S. W. Choi, Estimating Wildfire Fuel Load of Coarse Woody Debris Using the 6th National Forest Inventory Data in South Korea, Thesis of Master's Degree in Korea University, pp.6-7, 2017.
- J. K. Park, J. S. Lee, "Forest Information Mapping for the Effective Forest Analysis", Proceedings of The Convergent Research Society Among Humanities, Sociology, Science, and Technology, pp.1749-1752, 2017.
- S. H. Kim, J. C. Kim, S. W. Lee, H. K. Jo, S. A, Seo, J. S. Lim, I. B. Jeong, "Field Survey Guidelines about 6th National Forest Inventory and Forest Health Monitoring", Document Collection of Korea Forestry Promotion Institute, Vol. 13, pp. I-III, 2013. ISBN: 978-89-98575-06-9 (93520)
- D. Y. Um, J. S. Lee, "Analysis of Target Area to Construct the Urban Forests for Carbon Offset using GIS in Daejeon", Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 6, No. 12, pp. 621-630, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.12.36 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.12.36
- H. J. Lee, Y. B. Chung, "The Domestic Response Strategies for the Mutual Recognition Arrangement System to Greenhouse Gas", Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 40, No. 3, pp. 83-91, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2017.40.3.083 https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2017.40.3.083
- H. J. Lee, Y. B. Chung, "An Establishment of Greenhouse Gas Information System using Excel Spreadsheets", Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 129-136, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2017.40.4.129 https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2017.40.4.129
- Korea Forest Service, Carbon Dioxide Absorption Source [Internet]. Korea Forest Service [cited 2018 May 5], Available From: http://www.forest.go.kr/ (accessed May 5, 2018)
- H. K. Jo, H. M. Park, "Changes in Growth Rate and Carbon Sequestration by Age of Landscape Trees", Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 97-104, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2017.45.5.097 https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2017.45.5.097
- Y. H. Kim, "Analysis of Forest Carbon Offset Credits from Forest Management Project based on to the Korean Forest Carbon Offset Standard and the VCS Methodology - Case Study on the Methodology for Forest Management through Extension of Rotation Age -", Journal of Climate Change Research, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 369-375, 2017. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15531/KSCCR.2017.8.4.369 https://doi.org/10.15531/KSCCR.2017.8.4.369
- J. B. Kim, M. H. Jo, T. H. Kwon, I. H. Kim, Y. W. Jo, D. H. Shin, "Construction Forest Information Management System using GIS and Aerial Orthophoto", Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 57-68, 2004.
- C. M. Kim, D. K. Noh, E. J. Jeon, "A Nation-wide Forest Mapping Using GIS", Proceedings of Korean Society of Forest Science, pp. 64-66, June, 2004.
- Y. J. Park, C. Yeo, S. M. Lee, "Development of Landslide Risk Estimation Method in Urban Slope", Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 6, No. 8, pp. 593-602, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.08.59 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.08.59
- T. Tedson, "A Study on User Adoption of Advanced ICTs in Uganda : Focused on GIS/GPS Gorilla Tracking System", Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 192-203, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2016.39.3.192 https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2016.39.3.192
- S. M. Cho, "Forest Vegetation Classification and Development of Management System with Satellite Data and GIS", Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 6, No. 10, pp. 613-622, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.10.15 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2016.10.15
- J. W. Jwa, "Service Platform and Mobile Application for Smart Tour Guide", The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 203-209, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2016.16.6.203 https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2016.16.6.203
- H. Choi, "Limitation Rainfall Runoff in the Watershed Forest", Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 943-952, 2017. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/ajmahs.2017.05.80 https://doi.org/10.14257/ajmahs.2017.05.80
- T. D. Kim, "A Study on the Development of Intelligent Markup Indicator (IMI) Technology for Underground Facilities Management Using IoT", The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 129-136, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2017.17.3.129 https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2017.17.3.129
- S. J. Kim, C. Y. Jung, "A Study on Lost Child Prevention Service Using LBS and Map Information", The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 181-186, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2017.17.6.181 https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2017.17.6.181
- S. J. Choi, "Design and Implementation of Prototype model of inpant location tracker", The Journal of The Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 203-209, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2017.17.6.203 https://doi.org/10.7236/JIIBC.2017.17.6.203
- K. Ko, J. Yang, "Industrial Safety Risk Analysis Using Spatial Analytics and Data Mining", Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 147-153, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2017.40.4.147 https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2017.40.4.147
- Korea Forest Service, Forest Terminology Dictionary [Internet]. Korea Forest Service [cited 2018 May 5], Available From: http://www.forest.go.kr/ (accessed May 5, 2018)
- Statistics Korea, "Forest Basic Statistics 2011 Periodical Statistics Quality Diagnosis Final Report", p.87, Research Report, Statistics Korea, 2011.
- Korea Forest Service, "2015 Forest Basic Statistics", pp.11-12, Research Report, Korea Forest Service, 2016.