- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Factors Influencing the Satisfaction of Certification and Support Policy of Innovative Pharmaceutical Companies : Focusing on the policy formation process variables
혁신형 제약기업 인증·지원 정책만족도에 대한 영향요인 연구 : 정책형성과정 변인을 중심으로
- Kim, Daejin (Institute of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, Dongguk University) ;
- Oh, Kihwan (Korea Biotechnology Industry Organization) ;
- Ha, Dongmun (School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2018.05.26
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
Innovative pharmaceutical company certification support policies have been implemented since 2012. This study was conducted to identify the perceptions of stakeholders and related experts on the formation process and policy satisfaction of this policy, and to identify factors that explain policy satisfaction. The survey was conducted by e-mail and facsimile of the pharmaceutical companies, universities, and government - affiliated research institutes. The effective response rate was 38.4% (61/159). As a result of the cross-sectional survey, the perception of policy necessity was the most positive among the policy formation process, and all the other stages and perception of policy satisfaction were at the medium level. As a result of examining the influential factors related to the variables of the respondents' personal variables and the policy formation process, it is confirmed that the factors that have the greatest influence on the policy satisfaction are the perception of the performance of the certified company. Also, perceptions of appropriateness and follow - up ability were similar in magnitude of impact on policy satisfaction. This study can be used as a basic data to systematically and effectively improve the certification and support policies of innovative pharmaceutical companies based on the consumer's perception. However, due to limitations such as being carried out at the beginning of policy implementation, verification and supplementation are necessary through further research.
innovative pharmaceutical companies;pharmaceutical industry;certification policy;policy formation process;policy satisfaction
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute, 2006 Pharmaceutical Industry Analysis Report, 2007.
- National Assembly, Committee of Health & Welfare, Examination Report, Draft Special Law on Promotion and Support for Pharmaceutical Industry, 2011.
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute, Analysis of Research and Development Trends of Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices (2012-2014), Health Industry Brief, Vol.222, 2016.
- G. R. Kim, G. H. Kim, "A Study on the Economic Impacts of R&D Investment in Korean Pharmaceutical Firms: with Focus on Labor Productivity", The Korean Journal of Economic Studies, Vol.63 No.4, pp.144-170, 2015. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-000214.2015.63.4.004
- K. M. Lee, G. C. Lee, "The Effect of R&D Investment for the Business Performance of the Firms in Korean Pharmaceutical Industry", The Journal of Professional Management, Vol.10, No.2 pp.81-100, September, 2007.
- Y. H. Park, "Medicines Policy should Work with Professionals rather than Populism", Healthcare Policy Forum, Vol.9, No.3 p.2, 2011.
- J. H. Jung, D. Y. Cho, S. Y. Choi, "Study on Medicine Related Policies for Management Strategies and Performances of the Pharmaceutical Industry", The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol.9, No.4 pp.157-169, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2015.9.4.157 https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2015.9.4.157
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, Press Release, Announcement of Receipt of Application for Innovative Pharmaceutical Companies, 2012.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, Notification, Results of Certification for Year 2012 Innovative Pharmaceutical Companies, 2012.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Press Release, Extension of three Innovative Companies by 2020, 2017.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Press Release, Announcement of 2014 Innovative Pharmaceutical Company Certification and Performance Analysis Results, 2014.
- Kukinews, News Reports, Innovative Pharmaceutical Companies Consultative Meeting Request for Expansion of R&D Support to the Government, 2014.
- Asiagyeongje, New Reports, The Benefits of Innovative Policy Support Policies, which were the only Names so far, will Increase, 2016.
- Dailypharm, News Reports, Why Multinational Pharmaceutical Companies Put on a Sour Faces for the Certification Policy for Innovative Pharmaceutical Companies? 2014.
- Dailypharm, News Reports, Let's Go Together by Expanding Certification Beneficiaries for Innovative Pharmaceutical Companies, 2014.
- MedigateNews, News Reports, Support for Innovative Pharmaceutical Companies should be Expanded, 2017.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Notification No. 2018-75, April, 2018.
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute, Announcement No. 2018 - 44, April, 2018.
- J. Sakong, Y. W. Shin, "An Analysis on the Effect of the Government R&D Subsidies on the Private R&D Investments : in the Case of the Pharmaceutical Industry", Korean Journal of Health Policy & Administration, Vol.20, No.1, pp. 183-203, March, 2010. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2010.20.1.183 https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2010.20.1.183
- S. Baek, "Analysis of the Causal Structure Among Innovation Support Policy, Innovation and Performance: Focusing on Knowledge Service Firms", Journal of Korea Technology Innovation Society, Vol.19 No.2, pp.324-357, 2016. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-001043.2016.19.2.007
- J. H. Park, A Study on Government's Policy Satisfaction Survey System, The Korean Institute of Public Administration, 2010.
- S. Y. Oh, H. G. Hong, J. R. Chun, "The Analysis of Correlation between Management Performance and Governmental Support Policy for SMB", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.10, No.7 pp.1696-1701, 2009. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-001653.2009.10.7.014 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.7.1696
- H. J. Kim, Y. A. Kim, S. H. Cho, Development of Evaluation Model for Child and Youth Policy, National Youth Policy Institute, 2009.
- S. J. Yoon, J. S. Kim, "Analysis of Internal Customer and External Experts' Perception on the Improvement of Central Government Policy Satisfaction - Focused on the Analysis of Language Network", Journal of the Korean Association for Policy Studies, Vol.20, No.3 pp.133-161, 2011.
- J. J. Jung, Theories of Policy Sciences, DaeMyung Publishing, Inc., Chungju-si, Chungcheongbuk-do, Korea. 2010.
- D. Y. Kim, A Study on the Effectiveness Analysis of Housing Policy for Elderly. Ph.D. Thesis. Kyungwon University, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do, Korea, 2008.
- J. H. Jo, A Study on Policy Evaluation of Vocational Education in Meister High Schools. Ph.D. Thesis. Inha University, Incheon, Korea, 2010.
- W. Chung, "A Study of Policy Acceptance: Based on the Case of the Korea-China Free Trade Agreement (FTA)", The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, Vol.19 No.3, pp.99-135, 2017. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.16914/kjapr.2017.19.3.99 https://doi.org/10.16914/kjapr.2017.19.3.99
- H. L. Yoo, S. J. Park, "A Study on the Performance Analysis of Supporting Policy for SMEs R&D: Focused on the Industry-University-Institute Consortium Program", Korean Association of Governmental Studies, Vol.19, No.1 pp. 171-195, 2007. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-000253.2007.19.1.004
- B. G. Jee, T. G. Kim, G. H. Lee, "Relationship among Level of Performance of Tourism, Perception of Effects, and Level of Importance of Tourism Industry", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.12, No.8 pp.3777-3784, 2011. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3777 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3777
- S. D. Yoo, S. H. Jeon, "A Study on the Implementation Factors and Collaborative Governance of Disaster Management Policy: Focusing on the Recognition of Local Governments Officials", Journal of the Korean Association for Governance, Vol.23, No.3 pp.87-115, 2016. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-001707.2016.23.3.001