- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on Optimization of Noise Reduction of Auxiliary Power Unit for Military Tracked Vehicle
군용 궤도장비 보조동력장치의 소음저감 최적화 연구
- Lee, Ju-Seung (Land Systems Center, Defence Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Kim, Byeong-Ho (Land Systems Center, Defence Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Kim, Byung-Hyun (Land Systems Center, Defence Agency for Technology and Quality)
- Received : 2018.07.05
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
Noise reduction is an important issue in auxiliary power unit(APU) of tracking equipments for using military. In this study, we designed and tested reduction methods of structure borne noise and airborne source noise at the auxiliary power unit. From the bench test results, it is found that the effect of noise reduction is about 22 dB(A) if the silencer is redesigned, which is the rescue structure. However, the influence of noise reduction by air is insufficient. In addition, it is confirmed that the effect of noise reduction is excellent when structure borne noise reduction is applied to the vehicle. We expected that the test results of this study are used as basic data to reduce the noise of other tracking equipment developed later.
Auxiliary Power Unit;Transmission Loss;Silencer;Airborne Noise;Structure Borne Noise;Tracked Vehicle
- B. H. Kim, J. H. Seo, Y. I. Park, Y. W. Kim, B. H. Kim, "A study on improvement of strength safety factor for K55A1 APU engine mounts", Korean Institute of military science and technology, Vol.19, No.3 pp. 281-287, 2015. DOI : https://doi.org/10.9766/KIMST.2016.19.3.281 https://doi.org/10.9766/KIMST.2016.19.3.281
- B. H. Kim, S. K. Lee, J. S. Yoon, K. C. Shin, S. J. Lee., "Identification of Airborne-noise Source and Analysis for Noise Source Contribution of a GDI Engine Using Sound Intensity Method", Korean Society for noise and vibration engineering, Vol.22, No.10 pp. 985-993, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.10.985 https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.10.985
- Y. H. Kim, "Lecture notes on acoustics", No. 2008-36-0073, SAE technical paper, 2008.
- Lawrence E. Kinsler, "Fundamentals of acoustics" 4th edition, ISBN 0-471-84789-5, John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 1999.
- Y. H. Kim, W. H. Joo, J. G. Bae, "A study on the performance improvement of medium speed diesel engine exhaust silencer in the low-frequency range using array resonators", Korean Society for noise and vibration engineering, Vol.19, No.7 pp. 693-698, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2009.19.7.693 https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2009.19.7.693
- Y. H. Kim, "Low frequency noise reduction inside duct by using membrane", Korea Society for noise and vibration engineering, Vol.14, No.11 pp. 1083-1090, 2004. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2004.14.11.1083
- J. Kwon., W. B. Jeong, C. S. Hong, "Effects of fluid velocity on acoustic transmission loss of simple expansion chamber", Korea Society for noise and vibration engineering, Vol.22, No.10 pp. 994-1002, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.10.99 https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.10.994
- MIL-STD-1472G, Human Engineering, p. 151, 2012.
- MIL-DTL-53133C, Generator Sets, Skid Mounted, Tactical, Quiet, Diesel Engine Driven, Alternating Current 5 Through 60 Kilowatts, General Specification For, p. 27, 2002.