- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Effects Of Oral Health Awareness and Oral Health Behavior on Preventive Behavior of Cardiocerebrovascular disease in Cardiocerebrovascular Disease Risk Group
심뇌혈관질환위험군에서의 구강건강인식과 구강건강행위가 심뇌혈관질환 예방행위에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Sun-Kyung (Department of Nursing, Graduate School of Hanyang University) ;
- Hwang, Seon-Young (Department of Nurursng, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2018.05.23
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
This study was conducted to investigate the effects of oral health awareness and oral health behavior on cardiocerebrovascular prevention behavior in a cardiocerebrovascular diseases risk group and provide basic data for a nursing intervention program for the group. Data were collected from 131 people in the risk group of cardiocerebrovascular diseases living in J Province in February and March of 2018. The obtained data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-tests, Pearson's correlation, and stepwise multiple regression analysis. The results revealed that preventive acts were positively correlated with subjective oral health state (r=0.261, p=0.003), importance of oral health (r=0.250, p=0.004), and practice of oral health (r=0.303, p<0.001). Moreover, acts to prevent cardiocerebrovascular disease were influenced by oral health (
Cardiocerebrovascular disease;Oral health awareness;Oral health behavior;Cardiocerebrovascular prevention behavior;Cardiocerebrovascular disease risk group
- Statistics Korea. Annual report on the causes of death statistics [Internet]. Daejeon: Statistics Korea; 2015 [cited 2018 April. 9]. Available from: http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/kor_nw/2/6/2/index.board
- M. K. Park, J. H. Kim, "Effects of a comprehensive Lifestyle Improvement Program for Middle-aged Women with Cardio-cerebrovascular Disease-related Risk Factors", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol.24, No.2, pp.111-122, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.2.111 https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.2.111
- S. M. Bae, H. J. Kim, "Oral Health status of the cognitive and behavioral brushing oral health problems in some adults", Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol.5, No.4, pp.185-195, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.08.08 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.08.08
- J. E. Jang, "The Relationship of Health Behavior, Oral Management Behaviors and Oral Health Status", The Joural of the Korea Entertainment Industry Association, Vol.9, No.3, pp.429-437, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2015.09.9.3.429 https://doi.org/10.21184/jkeia.2015.09.9.3.429
- H. Y. Kang, Y S. Yoon, J. H. Park, M. G. Seong, K. H. Bae, J .B. Kim, "Awareness of patients with periodontal disease under treatments at initial and maintenance phase", Journal of Korean Academy of dental health, Vol.29, No.3, pp.271-280, 2005.
- J. Kim, E. Ahn, "Association of Periodontal Status with Health Lifestyle in Adults", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol.15, No.1, pp.83-89, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.1.83 https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.1.83
- A. S. Anandakumar, R. Sankari, "Awareness about Periodontal Disease and Its Association with Systemic Disease among Medical Practitioners: A Pilot Study", Journal of Contemporary Dentistry, Vol.6, No.2, pp.104-107. 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5005/jp-journals-10031-1152
- Health Insurance Review and Assessment. Information Disease statistics DB[internet]. [cited 2018 March 30].avaliable from:https://www.hira.or.kr.
- H. K. Kang, Y. S. Yoon, J. H. Park, M. K. Sung, G. H. Bae, J. B. Kim, "Awareness of patients with periodontal disease under treatments at initial and maintenance phase", Journal of Korean Academy Oral Health, Vol.29, No.3, pp.271-280. 2005.
- H. Y. Shin, Y. S. Ahn, S. D. Lim, "Association between the Number of Existing Permanent Teeth and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol.16, No.3, pp.217-224, 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2016.16.3.217 https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2016.16.3.217
- S. J. Sim, H. D. Kim, J. Y. Moon, A. I. Zavras, J. Zdanowicz, S. J. Jang, B. H. Jin, K. H. Bae, D. I. Paik, C. W. Douglass, "Periodontitis and the risk for non-fatal stroke in Korean adults", Journal of Periodontology, Vol.79, No.9, pp.1652-1658, 2008. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1902/jop.2008.080015 https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.2008.080015
- M. S. Tonetti, T. E. Van Dyke, "Periodontitis and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease: consensus report of the Joint EFP/AAP Workshop on Periodontitis and Systemic Diseases", Journal of Peridontology, Vol.84, No.4S, pp.24-29, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1902/jop.2013.1340019 https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.2013.1340019
- S. B. Yu, H. R. Jung, H. J. Kim, "Subjective periodontal symptoms and oral care, oral health behavior and impact relationship", Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, Vol.7, No.12, pp.621-630, 2017. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2017.12.53 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2017.12.53
- S. Reichert, A. S chlitt, V. Beschow, A. Lutze, S. Lischewski, T. Seifert, T. Dudakliwea, R. Gawe, K. Werdan, B. Hodmann, H. G. Schalle, S. Schulz, "Use of floss/interdental brushes is associated with lower risk for new cardiovascular events among patients with coronary heart disease", Journal of Periodontal Research, Vol.50, No.2, pp.180-188, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jre.12191 https://doi.org/10.1111/jre.12191
- C. S. Kim, Y. K. Choi, "Survey of Adult's Perceptions of the Association between Chronic Disease and Oral Health", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol.17, No.1, pp.12-19, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2017.17.1.12 https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2017.17.1.12
- J. O. Jung, S. M. Bae, K. S. Song, "Research into Some Company Workers' Awareness of the Hygiene of the Mouth and their Practice of It", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol.8, No.1, pp.21-27, 2008.
- H. J. Park, H. J. Lee, S .H. Cho, "Influences of Oral Health Behaviors, Depression and Stress on Periodontal Disease in Pregnant Women", Journal of Korean Academy Nursing, Vol.46, No.5, pp.653-662, 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2016.46.5.653 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2016.46.5.653
- P. Sanchez, B. Everett, Y. Salamonson, S. Ajwani, S. Bhole, J. Bishop, K. Lintern, S. Nolan, R. Rajaratnam, J. Redfern, M. Sheehan, F. Skarligos, L. Spencer, R. Srinivas, A. George, "Percerptions of cardiac care providers towards oral health promotion in Australia", Collegian, Vol.495, pp.1-8, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2017.11.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2017.11.006
- P. Sanchez, B. Everett, Y. Salamonson, S. Ajwani, "Oral Healthcare and Cardiovascular Disease: A Scoping Review of Current Strategies and Implications for Nurses", Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, Vol.32, No.3, pp.E10-E20, 2017. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1097/JCN.0000000000000388 https://doi.org/10.1097/JCN.0000000000000388
- V. Bowyer, P. Sucliffe, R. Ireland, A. Lindenmeyer, R. Gadsby, M. Graveney, J. Sturt, J. Dale, "Oral health awareness in adult patients with diabetes: a questionnaire study", British Dental Journal, Vol.211, No.12, pp.1-5, 2011. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.2011.769 https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.2011.769
- E. M. No. A Study of Hospitalized Patient's Recognition and Practice of Dental Health. Unpublished master's thesis, Catholic University of Daegu, 2007.
- J. K. Jung. Survey on the recongnition and demand on oral health education of workers in K University Hospital, Taejeon City, Unpublished master's thesis, Konyang University, 2007.
- J. H. Won. Oral health Pereception, Knowledge, and Behavior among Visiting Health Care Providers, Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul, 2008.
- J. H. Kim. The Effect of Oral Health on Total Health and Quality of Life -Surveyed against Some of Youngnam Area Residents-. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Keimyoung University, Daegu, 2007.
- H. J. Park. The effects of lifestyle modification education program on the worker's knowledge, attitude and behavior to prevent cerebrocardiovascular disease in middle and small-sized industries, Unpublished master's thesis,, Dongguk University, Seoul, 2008.
- H. R. Park, S. J. Moon, "Connections between the Subjective Awareness Characteristics of Oral Health of Certain Adults and Their Oral Health Knowledge and Practice Behavior of Oral Health", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.13, No.1, pp.300-310, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.01.300 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.01.300
- Y. N. Kim, H. K. Kwon, W. G. Chung, Y. S. Cho, Y. H. Choi, "The association of perceived oral health with oral epidemiological indicators in Korean adults", Journal Korean Acad Dent Health, Vol.29, No.3, pp.250-260, 2005.
- E. M. Noh, J. U. Back, "Subjective Oral Health Status of the Elderly and Social Impact Efficacy", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol.10, No.4, pp.233-239, 2010.
- H. M. Park. The effect of oral health belief and the moderating effect of parent's oral health behavior on oral health promotion among middle and high school students, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Inje University, Gimhae, 2016.
- Y. J. Jang, J. A. Jung, E. S. Jeon, "Relation Factors of Oral Health Behavior Junior College in Jeollanamdo", The Journal of Korean Academy of Dental Hygiene Education, Vol.6, No.4, pp.387-402, 2006.
- M. J. Kim, S. J. Kim, Y. E. Yang, H. J. Yoo, Y. J. Lee, H. J. Ha, B. H. Lee, "The effect of Oral Health Promotion Behavior on Psychological Happiness and Stress", Journal of Korean Society of Oral Health Science, Vol.4, No.2, pp.59-66, 2016.
- C. Oliveira, R. Watt, M. Hamer, "Toothcrushing, inflammation, and risk of cardiovascular disease: results from Scottish Health Survey", British Medical Journal, Vol.340, No 2451, pp.1-6, 2010. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.c2451 https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.c2451
- H. J. Park, M. J. Lee, S. K. Kim, M. A. Jeong, "Effects of Health Practices and Oral Health Behaviors on Obesity in University Students", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.11, No.9, pp.395-406, 2011. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.9.395 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.9.395
- B. Artnik, M. Premil, L. Z. Kragelj, "Population groups at high risk for poor oral self care: the basis for oral health promotion", International Journal of Public Health, Vol.53, No.4, pp.195-203, 2008. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00038-008-7072-7 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00038-008-7072-7
- J. Y. Song, "A Study on the Relationship of Oral Health Beliefs to Oral Health Practices of Male High School Students in Part Areas", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, Vol.12, No.3, pp.227-233, 2012.
- J. H. Kong, H. O. Choi, E. J. Oh, "The Relationship among Cardiocerebrovascular Disease Knowledge, Attitude of, Health Behavior among 30, 40s Male Workers", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.16, No.7, pp.309-318, 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.07.309 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.07.309