- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Satisfaction and Needs of Cancer Patients and Caregivers under Home-based Cancer Patients Management in Jeju
제주지역내 재가암환자관리를 받은 환자와 보호자에게 제공되는 프로그램 만족도와 요구
- Kim, Hyeon-Ju (Department of Family Medicine, School of Medicine, Jeju National University) ;
- Huh, Jung-Sik (Department of Urology, School of Medicine, Jeju National University)
- Received : 2018.05.14
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
This study was conducted to improve the quality of home-based cancer management programs through a survey of satisfaction and needs of the program provided by a regional cancer center. From March 2015 to October 2015, we conducted face to face surveys of patients and caregivers enrolled in home-based cancer management. A total of 101 patients, 59 patients and 41 caregivers, were enrolled. Breast cancer was the main cancer and 51 (86%) patients and 36 (85%) caregivers were satisfied with the number of visits for home-based cancer management. For the service application route, 22 patients (37.29%) obtained information through the cancer center publicity paper and 11 caregivers (26.19%) received recommendations from acquaintances. Except for treatment provided directly to the patients, psychological counseling was the most preferred, and satisfaction regarding picnic and cancer education were also high. Satisfaction with the program provided by regional cancer center was relatively high (
Home care services;Cancer;Satisfaction;Health service needs;Caregiver
Supported by : 제주대학교
- B. Gomes, N. Calanzani, J. Koffman, I. J. Higginson. "Is dying in hospital better home in curable cancer and what factors influence this? A population-based study," BMC Medicine, vol.16, no.3, pp. 279, Sep. 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12916-015-0466-5 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12916-015-0466-5
- N. R. Park, Y. H. Yun, S. Shin, E. K. Jeong. "Medical expenses during the last 6 months of life in cancer patients," Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative care, vol.2, no.2, pp.109-113, Dec. 1999.
- S. H. Long, J. O. Gibbs, J. P. Crozier, D. I. Cooper Jr, J. F. Newman Jr, A. M. Larsen. "Medical expenditures of terminal cancer patients during the last year of life. Inquiry," Inquiry, vol.21, no.4, pp. 315-327, Winter, 1984.
- Y. H. Yun, Y. S. Rhee, S. Y. Nam, Y. M. Chae, D. S. Heo, S. W. Lee, Y. S. Hong, S. Y. Kim, K. S. Lee. "Public attitudes toward dying with dignity and hospic e.palliative care," Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative care, vol.7, no.1, pp.17-28, Jun. 2004.
- B. Gomes, I. J. Higginson, N. Calanzani, J. Cohen, L. Deliens, B. A. Daveson, D. Bechinger-English, C. Bausewein, P. L. Ferreira, F. Toscani, A. Menaca, M. Gysels, L. Ceulemans, S. T. Simon, H. R. Pasman, G. Albers, S. Hall, F. E. Murtagh, D. F. Haugen, J. Downing, J. Koffman, F. Pettenati, S. Finetti, B. Antunes, R. Harding; PRISMA. "Preferences for place of death if faced with advanced cancer: a population survey in England, Flanders, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal and Spain," Annals Oncology, vol.23, no.8, pp.2006-2015, Aug. 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdr602 https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdr602
- J. Flory, Y. X. Yinong, I. Gurol, N. Levinsky, A. Ash, E. Emanuel. "Place of death: US trends since 1980," Health Affairs, vol.23, no.3, pp.194-200, May, 2004.
- D. M. Wilson, C. D. Truman, R. Thomas, R. Fainsinger, K. Kovacs-Burns, K. Froggatt, C. Justice. "The rapidly changing location of death in Canada, 1994-2004," Social Science & Medicine, vol.68, no.68, pp.1752-1758, May, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12916-015-0466-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2009.03.006
- L. Yang, N. Sakamoto, E. Marui. "A study of home deaths in Japan from 1951 to 2002," BMC Palliative Care, vol.5, no.1, pp.2, Mar. 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-684X-5-2 https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-684X-5-2
- F. Burge, B. Lawson, G. Johnston. "Trend in the place of death of cancer patients,1992-1997," Canadian Medical Association Journal, vol.168, no.3, pp.265-270, Feb. 2003.
- B. Gomes, I. J. Higginson. "Factors influencing death at home in terminally ill patients with cancer: systematic review," BMJ, vol.332, no.7540, pp.515-521, Mar. 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.38740.614954.55 https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.38740.614954.55
- J. Cohen, D. Houttekier, B. Onwuteaka-Philipsen, G. Miccinesi, J. Addington-Hall, S. Kaasa, J. Bilsen, L. Deliens. "Which patients with cancer die at home? A study of six European countries using death certificate data," Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol.28, no.13, pp.267-273, May, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2009.23.2850 https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2009.23.2850
- J. S. Huh. "The overview of hospice care as urologist," The Korean Journal of Urological Oncology, vol.15, no.1, pp. 16-20, Apr. 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22465/kjuo.2017.15.1.16 https://doi.org/10.22465/kjuo.2017.15.1.16
- C. G. Kim. "Hospice & palliatuve care policy in Korea," Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative care, vol.20 no.1, pp8-17, Mar. 2017. https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2017.20.1.8
- J. S. Huh, H. J. Kim. "Current status of Home-based cancer patients management in Jeju," Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative care, vol.13, no.2, pp76-80, Jun. 2010.
- H. S. Kim, K. J. June, Y. S. Son. "Home-based hospice care provided by free-standing hospice center: patients' characteristics and service conditions," Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative care, vol.19, no.2, pp.145-153, Jun. 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2016.19.2.145 https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2016.19.2.145
- S. H. Kang, H. Y. Lee, J. S. Kim, J. K. Lee, H. K. Jung. "Home-based hospice-palliative care service administered at university-based family practice," Journal of the Korean Academy of Family Medicine, vol.27, no.11, pp.889-894, Nov. 2006.
- B. H. Kim, H. J. Kang. "Experience of home-based hospice care of terminal-cancer patients," Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative care, vol.17, no.4, pp.223-231, Dec. 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2014.17.4.223 https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2014.17.4.223
- K. K. Park, S. D. Kim, Y. J. Kim, H. J. Kim, J. S. Huh. "Trends in urogenital cancer incidence in Jeju(1992-2012)," The Korean Journal of Urological Oncology, vol.14, no.1, pp.27-31, Apr. 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2017.20.1.08
- C. G. Kim. "Hospice & palliative care policy in Korea," Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative care, vol.20, no.1, pp 8-17, Mar. 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2017.20.1.8 https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2017.20.1.8
- B. H. Kim, H. O. Park. "Comparison in spiritual well-being and quality of life between hospital and home hospice patients," Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, vol.24, no.3, pp292-301, Sep. 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.3.292 https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.3.292
- S. O. Choi, S. N. Kim. "Analysis of characteristics and symptoms in home-based hospice palliative care patients registered at local public health centers," Korean Journal of Hospice and Palliative care, vol.18, no.4, pp.329-334, Dec. 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2015.18.4.329 https://doi.org/10.14475/kjhpc.2015.18.4.329
- K. H. Kim, Y. S. Shin. "The effect of caregiver reaction on psychological well-being among family caregivers of cancer patients," Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, vol.29, no.6, pp647-656, Dec. 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2017.29.6.647 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2017.29.6.647