- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Support for the Re-employment of Women with Career Break in Life Cycle
생애주기에 따른 경력단절 여성의 재취업 지원에 관한 연구
- Bae, Na-Rae (Dept. of Social Welfare, Konyang Cyber University)
- 배나래 (건양사이버대학교 사회복지학과)
- Received : 2018.05.08
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
The purpose of this study is to investigate what items are needed for reemployment according to the life cycle of women and to provide basic data to address the career discontinuity of women. The study selected five women currently unemployed living in Daejeon who were taking classes related to entrepreneurship at the Cultural Center and the Women Resource Development Center. The data collection period was from October to December, 2017, and collected from in depth interviews. An open-ended interview was used to explore the content of the interview process. The results of the study are as follows: Support policies for women with career disruptions should, above all, be given priority over career support to ensure that currently employed women do not quit their jobs due to marriage, childbirth or childcare. In addition, there is a need to improve the relevant systems and to implement vocational education and training programs so that women with career discontinuity can reenter the labor market. To do this, it is necessary to establish and support career planning in order to understand the effects of women's lifecycles and to support women's economic activity.
Career-Interrupted Women;Career-Interrupted Women's Reemployment;Household Balance;Life Cycle;Re-Employmment Need;Reemployment Plans
- Sun-Hwa, Kim, "A Study on the Employment Needs of Career Interrupted Women in Busan", Journal of women's studies, vol. 21, pp. 95-131, 2010.
- Nan-Jue Kim, "Analysis on Career-interrupted Women's Rentry to Labor Market and Maintaining the Reemployment", Korea Journal of Industrial Relations, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 1-27, 2016.
- Seung-Hyun Lee, Young-Il Park, "A Study on highly educated women's Retirement and Career Interruption in their 30s", The Review of Eurasian Studies, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 45-68, 2017. https://doi.org/10.31203/aepa.2017.14.3.003
- Jeong-Hee, Kim, Sang-Hae, Byun, "The Relationship of Among of Vocational Education, Entrepreneurial Intention, Re-employmment Need of Career Interrupted Woman", Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 237-246, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.16972/apjbve.11.4.201608.237 https://doi.org/10.16972/apjbve.11.4.201608.237
- Young Kyoung Kim, "Need Analysis for the Career Building and Reemployment Plans of Career Interrupted Highly Educated Women", Journal of Women Studies, vol. 73, pp. 85-118 , 2007.
- Ho-Sang, Ru, In-Bong Jang, Young-Bae, Yeon, "The Survey Research and Policy Implications for Reemployment of Career-Interrupted Women", The Journal of Korean Policy Studies, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 51-75, 2013.
- Hyun Joo Min, "The Life Course Events and the Career Interruption among Korean Women", Korea Journal of Population Studies, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 53-72, 2011.