- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Factor Influence of Urban Park Elements on Walking Days of the Elderly in Ulsan Metropolitan City
울산광역시의 도시공원 요소가 노인의 걷기 일 수에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Myung-Gwan (Graduate School of Department of Public Health, Kyungpook National University)
- 김명관 (경북대학교 대학원 보건학과)
- Received : 2018.05.08
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
The purpose of this study is to examine the effects of park type and inner elements of parks on the number of walking days of walking out of Ulsan Metropolitan City, And to make policy suggestions for them. The elderly people aged 65 and 1,274 persons or over in Ulsan Metropolitan City were selected as the subjects using the raw data of the 2015 community health survey. A multilevel analysis was conducted using a hierarchical linear model to find out the factors affecting the number of days of walking according to the level of regional level factor according to the five wards of Ulsan Metropolitan City. The number of walking days increased with the number of sports facilities and the number of walking days decreased with the number of amusement facilities mainly used by children. In the case of Jung-gu in Ulsan, the number of walking days was low even though the number of parks and the area of the park were large, In the case of Buk-gu, the number of walking was high even though the number of parks and the area of the park were small. Elderly people in Jung - gu, Ulsan metropolitan city are expected to need a health promotion project to promote walking, and it is necessary for seniors in Buk - gu, Ulsan Metropolitan City to make a good walking environment.
Walking Days;Park;Health City;Ulsan Metropolitan City;CHS
- S. Golinowska, W. Groot, P. Baji, M. Pavlova, Health Promotion targeting older people, BMC Health Services Research, Vol. 16, No 5, pp. 368-479, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-016-1514-3 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-016-1514-3
- Statistics Korea, 2014 year Elderly person statistics in the Ulsan Metropolitan city, 2014. http://kostat.go.kr
- KOSIS, Cause of death in 2015 year, 2017. http://kosis.kr
- K. O. Lee, Sports walking approach, Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 86, pp. 46-51, 2003.
- M. S. Sul, Exercise programs for elderly care, Seoul: Hakmun Publishing Inc, 2000.
- Fraga, M. J., Cader, S. A., Ferreia, M. A., Giani, T. S., Dantas, E. H. M. Aerobic resistance, functional autonomy and quality of elderly women impacted by a recreation and walking program. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics. Vol. 52, pp. 40-43, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archger.2010.01.018
- Perrino, T., Mason, C. A., Brown, S. C., Szapocznik, J., The relationship between depressive symptom and walking among hispanic older adults: A longitudinal, cross-lagged panel analysis. Aging and Maternal Health, Vol. 14 No. 2, pp. 211-219, 2010.
- H. S. Lee, J. S. Ahn, S. H. Chun, Analysis of Environmental Correlates with Walking among Older Urban Adults, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, Vol. 39. No. 2, pp. 65-72, 2011. https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2011.39.2.065
- Samawi H. M., Daily Walking and Life Expectancy of Elderly People in the Iowa 65+ Rural Health Study. Frontiers in Public Health. Vol. 1, No. 11, 2013. DOI: http://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2013.00011 https://doi.org/10.3389/fpubh.2013.00011
- H. S. Lee, J. S. Ahn, S. H. Chun, Analysis of Environmental Correlates with Walking among Older Urban Adults, Journal of the Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, Vol. 39, No. 02, pp. 65-72, 2011.
- M. G. Kim, S. R. Suh, The ecological factors affecting walking in korean adult workers, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 68-78, 2017. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.5.68 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.5.68
- Statistics Korea, 2014 year Elderly person statistics, 2014. http://kostat.go.kr
- Statistics Korea, 2017 year Elderly person statistics, 2017. http://kostat.go.kr
- Community Health Survey, 2015, Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Ministry of the Interior and Safety, Open Data Portal-The whole country city Park standard data, 2015. www.data.go.kr
- Statistics Korea, SGIS, 2018. https://sgis.kostat.go.kr/view/index
- Y. H. Chung, Y. H. Cho, Health Behavior, Health Status and Quality of Life among the Young-old and the Old-old in Korea, Korean Public Health Research Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 55-64, 2014.
- Pinto J. M., Kern. D. W., Wroblewski K. E., Chen R. C., Schumm L. P., McClintock M. K., Sensory function: Insights from wave 2 of the National Social life, Health and Aging Project, Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, Vol. 69, No. 8, pp. 144-153, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/gbu102
- S. Y. Jeon, S. G. Lee, Relationships between the sensory, cognitive and physical functions of young-old and old-old individuals, Korean J Health Educ Promot, Vol. 33, No. 5 pp, 23-36, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14367/kjhep.2016.33.5.23 https://doi.org/10.14367/kjhep.2016.33.5.23
- S. O. Hong, B. A. Kim, J. Y. Bae, O. J. Cho, M. I. Cho, S. J .Kim, H. S. Choi, M. J. Song, G. H. Wang, Y. T. Kim, Epidemiologic Characteristics of Injured Elderly Inpatients in Korea: The Results of the Korea National Hospital Discharge Survey, 2004-2013, Weekly, Health and Disease, Vol. 10, No, 5, 2017. http://www.cdc.go.kr
- G. H.. Im, A. Y. Kim, Analysis of Actual Condition of Outdoor Play Space for the Elderly - Focused on the Elderly Friendly Park and Senior Playground, Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 2013 Spring Conference, pp. 26-30, 2013.
- D. H. Lee, S. H. Lee, K. Y. Baek, A Study on Children's Park Facility Planning Scheme according to User Behavior and Characteristics, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 17, No. 12, pp. 232-241, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.12.232 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.12.232
- E. J. Kang, Clustering of Lifestyle Behaviors of Korean Adults Using Smoking, Drinking, and Physical Activity, Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 44-66, 2007. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2007.27.2.44
- H. S. Song, A Study on the Relationship among Stress, Sedentary Time and Depression for the Elderly - Focusing on the Moderation Effects of Sedentary Time, Crisisonomy, Vol.12, No. 8, pp. 55-68, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14251/crisisonomy.2016.12.8.55 https://doi.org/10.14251/crisisonomy.2016.12.8.55