- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Multicultural Openness, Preoccupation, Multicultural Acceptability on Multicultural Efficacy of nursing students
간호대학생의 다문화 개방성, 고정관념, 다문화 수용성이 다문화 효능감에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Kyoung-Hee (Department of Nursing, Kyungnam College of Information & Technology)
- 김경희 (경남정보대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2018.05.15
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
The purpose of this study was to explore degree of multicultural openness, preoccupation, multicultural acceptability, and multicultural efficacy, the factors influencing of multicultural efficacy of nursing students and to provide the basic data to increased multicultural efficacy. This research involved 299 nursing students in B and Y city. Data were collected from May 8, 2017 to 28. Data were analyzed using t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficient, and multiple regression with SPSS/WIN 21.0 program. In results of the study, multiculture efficacy appeared as
Multicultural Openness;Preoccupation;Multicultural Acceptability;Multicultural Efficacy;Nursing Student
- J. Y. Yo, "A Research on Intercultural Sensitivity of Regular High Schools and Foreign Language High Schools Students - Focused on comparison between regular high schools and foreign language high schools in Kyeonggi Province -", Social Studies Education, Vol.50, No.3, pp.29-47, 2011. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-001280.2011.50.3.002
- J. H. Kim, "Improving Multicultural Attitudes of Korean Adolescents in Response to the Crisis of Multiculturalism: International Comparison and Exploration of Factors Affecting Multicultural Receptivity", Crisisonomy, Vol.8, No.6, pp.183-208, 2012. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-SER000001473.2012.8.6.010
- I. S. Kim, S. J. Lee, "A study on the influence of male/female college students' self-efficacy, emphatic ability, multi-cultural experience on multi-cultural acceptability", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol.24, No.11, 1-32, 2017. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.21509/KJYS.2017.11.24.11.1 https://doi.org/10.21509/KJYS.2017.11.24.11.1
- M. Kim, "A Comparison Study on Multicultural Attitude and Relating Factors of Nursing College Students and Non-Nursing Major Students in Korea", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.15, No.4, pp.2310-2319, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2310 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2310
- N. H. Kim, S. Y. Lim, "Relationships between multicultural awareness, multicultural attituee and multicultural efficacy among nursing students", Multicultural Education Studies, Vol.7, No.4, pp.169-184, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.14328/MES.2014.12.31.169 https://doi.org/10.14328/MES.2014.12.31.169
- D. M. Perkins, C. J. Mebert, "Efficacy of multicultural education for preschool children", Journal of Cross-cultural Psychology, Vol.36, No.4, pp.497-512, 2005. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0022022105275964 https://doi.org/10.1177/0022022105275964
- K. H. Hughs, L. J. Hood, "Teaching methods and an outcome tool for measuring cultural sensitivity in undergraduate nursing students", Journal of Transcultural Nursing, Vol.18, No.1, pp.57-62, 2007. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1043659606294196 https://doi.org/10.1177/1043659606294196
- I. J. Yoon, Y. H. Song, "South Koreans' perceptions of national identity and acceptance of multiculturalism", The Korean Journal of Unification Affairs, Vol.23, No.1, pp.153-192, 2011. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-000548.2011.23.1.008
- H. Y. Kang, S. Y. Han, "A Study on Social Distance of Nursing Students toward Minority Groups in a Metropolitan City", Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, Vol.27, No.1, pp.166-178, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.1.166 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2013.27.1.166
- S. Y. Han, "Factors Influencing to the Cultural Competence in Nursing Students", Journal of Learning-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol.16, No.4, pp.73-86, 2016. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-001586.2016.16.4.040
- J. Y. Cho, M. S. Youn, "A study on attitude toward immigrants and multicultural efficiency among nursing college students", Journal of the Korean Society for Multicultural Health, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 31-38, 2015
- M. J. Chae, J. I. Kim, "Development of a multicultural education program for nursing students and evaluation of its effects on multicultural sensitivity and efficacy", Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, Vol.30, No.1, pp.70-82, 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2016.30.1.70 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2016.30.1.70
- S. S. An, M. S. Min, Y. S. Kim, K. M. Kim, M. J. Lee, "A study on multicultural acceptability in Korea", Seoul : Korean Women's Development Institute.
- J. M. Hwang, "Analysis of multicultural acceptability in Korea from the perspective of new politics of membership", The Journal of Asiatic Studies, Vol.142, pp.152-184, 2010. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-000745.2010.53.4.006
- D. J. Kim, "Effects of university student's voluntary work on the multicultural acceptability", Unpublished master's thesis, Cheongju University, Cheongju, 2013.
- S. H. Jee, G. E. Kim, "Impact of parents' attitude on multiculture to multicultural efficacy of elementary school children", Multi-Cultural Contents Studies, Vol.11, pp.81-105, 2011. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-SER000001538.2011..11.007
- Y. J. Cho, "The effects of perceptions of multicultural on efficiency esteem of multiculture in elementary school students", Journal of Korean Practical Arts Education, Vol.23, No.3, pp.43-58, 2010. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-000635.2010.23.3.013
- E. M. Guyton, M. V. Wesche, "The multicultural efficacy scale: development, item selection, and reliability", Multicultural Perspective, Vol.7, No.4, pp.21-29, 2005. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1207/s15327892mcp0704_4 https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327892mcp0704_4
- J. Y. Lim, Y. J. Oh, "Perceptions and Efficacy of the Multiculture Among Adolescents", Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, Vol.48, No.10, pp.143-157, 2010. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.6115/khea.2010.48.10.143 https://doi.org/10.6115/khea.2010.48.10.143
- N. H. Kim, S. Y. Lim, "Relationship between multicultural awareness, multicultural attitude and multicultural efficacy among nursing students", Multicultural Education Studies, Vol.7, No.4, pp.169-184, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14328/MES.2014.12.31.169 https://doi.org/10.14328/MES.2014.12.31.169
- S. H. Choi, "Factors affecting cultural competence of nursing students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis
- M. S. Kim, D. S. Shin, "Factors Influencing Cultural Competence of Nursing Students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol.18, No.6, pp.3437-3450, 2016. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-000930.2016.18.6.008
- S. H. Kwon, M. S. Kim, "Factors influencing multicultural attitude in nursing students", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol.18, No.2, pp.1123-1135, 2016. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-000930.2016.18.2.024
- S. Y. Yang, "The study on relationship between characteristics of cultural exchanges, self-efficacy, and cultural competency of nursing students", The Korean Contents Society, Vol.14, No.7, pp.334-345, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.07.334 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.07.334
- M. H. Rho, "The influence of gender and empathy on middle school students multicultural openness and multicultural efficacy", Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daugu, 2012.
- M. H. Kim, "The relationship between multicultura experience, reflective thinking, multicultural acceptability, and multicultural teaching efficacy amomg home educators of multicultural families", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyungpook National University, Daugu, 2015.
- H. J. Kwon, "Analysis on structural relationship among multicultural education, experience, multicultural climate, multicultural efficacy and multicultural acceptability perceived by multicultural education oriented schools elementary students", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Jungwon University, Chungbuk, 2017.
- S. H. Park, S. A. Kim. "Cultural experience and multi-cultural awareness in early adolescent : relationship among openness, acceptance, and respect-focused on G metropolitan city", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol.19, No.7, pp.27-50, 2012. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-000387.2012.19.7.012
- K. K. Kim, J. H. Lee, K. H. Yi, "Structural relationships among the variables affecting multicultural acceptance among Korean adults: Focusing on the effects of educational attainment", Korean Journal of Sociology of Education, Vol.25, No.1, pp.1-28, 2015. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-001276.2015.25.1.001
- H. S. Park, "Research on determinant of multicultural acceptability among general teenagers", Unpublished master's thesis, Sungkyul University, Anyang, 2015.
- N. Y. Yoo, "Study on Social Distance Youth of Multicultural Families - Focused on General Youth in Gimpo City -", Youth Culture Form, Vol.21, pp.174-203, 2009. UCI: http://uci.or.kr/G704-SER000002119.2009..21.002
- I. S. Chang, "Formation and transformation of teacher's ethnic identifications and attitudes toward language diversity : a recursive path analysis", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, 2002.
- J. H. Kim, "A study on the effect of hands-on interchange activities on multicultural awareness", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Pusan National University, Busan, 2011.