- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Computer Scientific Attitude of Information Gifted Students in the University of Science Education Institute for Gifted
대학교부설 과학영재교육원의 정보영재 학생들의 컴퓨터 과학적 태도 분석
- Chung, Jong-In (Department of Computer Education, Kongju National University)
- 정종인 (공주대학교 컴퓨터교육과)
- Received : 2018.05.23
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
There are 27 science education institutes for gifted education institutes in the university with support from the MSIT (Ministry of Science and ICT). Mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, earth sciences, and information classes are given in each science education institute for the gifted. The authors developed a curriculum with components of computing thinking for information-gifted students. To determine if the curriculum is effective on the computer scientific attitude of the information gifted, TOSRA was modified and the test was then developed. Information students were educated at K university's science education institute for the gifted with the developed curriculum for one year and the computer scientific attitude of them was tested. According to the test results, there was a significant difference in the computer scientific attitude of the curriculum conducted at the institute at 0.05 level of significance. Statistically significant differences were observed in the social implications of computer science, attitudes of computer scientific inquiry, and the normality of computer technicians at the level of significance of 0.05. On the other hand, there were no significant differences in the adoption of computer scientific attitudes, the enjoyment of computer science lessons, leisure interest in computer science, and career interest in computer science.
Compter Scientific Attitude;Gifted Education;Computer Thinking;Testing Tool;t-test
- C. Blurton, "Science talent: The elusive gift", School Science and Mathematics, Vol.83, No.8, pp.654-664, Dec. 1983. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1949-8594.1983.tb10155.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1949-8594.1983.tb10155.x
- G. F. Consuegra, "Identifying the gifted in science and mathematics", School Science and Mathematics, Vol.82, No.3, pp.183-189, March 1982. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1949-8594.1982.tb17175.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1949-8594.1982.tb17175.x
- J. S. Renzulli, "The three-rings conception of giftedness: A developmental model for creative productivity", In R. J. Sternberg & J. E. Davidson (Eds.), p. 53-92. Cambridge University Press. 1986.
- M. S. Jeong, "An Analysis on Relationship between Affective Variable and Academic Achievement", The Journal of Education Research, Vol. 34. No. 1, pp.131-148, 1996.
- O. W. Hill, W. C. Pettus, B. A. Hedin, "Three studies of factors affecting the attitudes of blacks and females toward the pursuit of science and science-related careers", Journal of Research in Science Teaching, Vol.27, No.4, pp 289-314, 1990. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660270403 https://doi.org/10.1002/tea.3660270403
- W. C. Chun, "A Study on the Current Status and Improvement of Elementary Information Gifted Curriculum", Gifted Education Research, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 347-368, 2010.
- L. W. Anderson, Assessing affective characteristics in the school, Ally and Bacon, 1981.
- L. E. Klopfer, "Individualized Science: Relevance for the 1970's", Science Education, Vol.55, No.4, pp.441-448, 1971. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1002/sce.3730550403 https://doi.org/10.1002/sce.3730550403
- B. J. Fraser, "Development of Test of Science-Related Attitudes", Science Education, Vol.62, No.4, pp.509-515, 1978. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1002/sce.3730620411 https://doi.org/10.1002/sce.3730620411
- Y. Kim, J. H. Kim, "Development of On-line Content Evaluation Standards for Informatics Gifted Students", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.10, No.9, pp.487-495, 2010. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.9.487 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.9.487
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, "Plan to train human resources for software-oriented society". Press Releases(2015. 7. 21), Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, 2015.
- Brennan K. & Resnick M.(2012), New frameworks for studying and assessing the development of computational thinking, MIT Media Lab, 2012.