- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Converged Factors Influencing Ego Integrity of Community Dwelling Elderly
지역사회 노인의 자아통합감에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Kim, Eun-Ju (Department of Nursing, Jeonbuk Science College) ;
- Kang, Seung-Ju (Department of Nursing, Chunnam Techno University)
- Received : 2018.04.25
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
This study was conducted to analyze the Ego Integrity, Subjective Pain, Subjective Health, Subjective Happiness and Social Support level of Community Dwelling elderly, and to analyze the variables that impact their Ego Integrity. Methods: A total of 250 elderly aged 60 years or above visiting a Senior Welfare Center in j city and j group of Jeonbuk were selected as subjects of this study for collection and analysis of data. Data were collected from January 8 to February 26, 2008 from 250 community-dwelling elders in Korea and subjected to descriptive analysis, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's Correlation Coefficient, and multiple regression analysis. Results: only economic strength was influenced by general characteristics. Additionally, Subjective Pain, Subjective Health, and Subjective Happiness and Social Support l were found to have a statistically positive correlation with Ego Integrity. Finally, the most influential variables on the elderly Ego Integrity were Social Support (
Elderly;Subjective Pain;Subjective Health;Subjective Happiness;Social Support;Ego Integrity
- Statistical Office. Future Popu lation Estimation.http://kostat.go.kr/. (2015). 2014 life table(Nationwide and try). http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/koko/5/2/index.board
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. The reas on and attempt of suicide thought of elderly pers on (65 years old or older). Date of update: 2016.11.18. http://kosis.kr/stat Html/statHtml.doorg Id=117&tblId=DT_11771_2011N087&connpath=Draw in November 2016 from I2.
- Erikson. Childhood and Society, 2nd ed . New York : Norton. 1963.
- D. A. Kim, S. Yoo. Effect of physical self-perception of the elderly doing regular exercise upon health promotion and ego-integrity. Journal of Korean Society of Physical Education. Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 57-68, 2018. DOI: http://www.riss.kr/link?id=A105132013.
- H. K. Kim. H. J Lee. J. H. Joo, S. M. Park. Factors Influencing the Ego Integrity of Elders living Alone. Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing. Vol. 8, No. 1, pp. 24-35, 2006. DOI: http://www.riss.kr/link?id=A82340080
- K. H. Jung. Y. H. Oh, Y. K. Lee. Status of Elderiy Welfare by Region and Policy Tasks. Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. 2003-13. 2003.
- H. K. Kim. H. J. Lee, Y, J. Ju, S. M. Park. Factors Affecting Sief-Consciousness of the Elderly Living Alone. Journal of Korean Gerontol Nursing. Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 204-215, 2009.
- M. L. Kim. Stressors of Older Adults and the Effect of Adult Children's Support on Their Happiness and Depressive Symptoms. center for Social Welfare Research Yonsei University. Vol. 32, pp.1-27. 2012. DOI: http://www.riss.kr/link?id=A60244468
- M A. Jeon. The Relationship of Subjective Well-being and The Exchang of Social Support in Elderly. Daegu University. Master's. 2005. DOI: http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T10202971
- J. H. Lee. The relationship between the elderiy's daily and eao-integrity. Ewha Women University. Master's. 2018.
- O. S. Choi. A Study on Self-Consciousness and Death Anxiety of the Elderiy,. Korea Geriatrics. Vol. 27, No.4. pp755-783. 2007.
- A. L. Kim. The Effect of Psychological Well-being and Ego Integrity on Successful Aging of Elders -Focused on the Elderly in Seoul. Journal of Korean Data Analysis Society. Vol. 15, No.4. pp2041-2054. 2013. DOI: http://www.riss.kr/link?id=A101602136
- Whitaker, O. C., & Warfield, C. A.. The measurement of pain. Hosp Pract, 15, 1988
- Speake ,D,L. ,Cowart ,M.E.,& Pellet,K. He al thpercept ionand life style soft heelderly, Resear chin Nursing & Health, 12 ,93-100. 1989. https://doi.org/10.1002/nur.4770120206
- Lyubomi r s ky,S.& Le ppe r ,H.S. A meas ureofsubjecti vehappiness : Pre Liminaryre liability and constructy alidation. Social Indicators.Reserch, 46, 137-155. 1999. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1006824100041
- J. S. Im. Self-enhancement bias of old age, interpretation of Life events and subjective well-being. Ewha Women University. Master's. 2004.
- J. W. Park. A Study to development a scale of social support , seoul; Yonsei University. 1985
- T. H. Ju. The effects of social support, self-efficacy, and stress on depression of the elderly : A comparative study with different types of household environments. Catholic University. Master's Thesis. 2011. DOI: http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T12457049.
- J. S. Kim. A Study of Social Activities and Ego Integrity of the Aged., Health & Nursing Vol. 1, No 0. pp31-50. 1989. DOI: http://www.riss.kr/link?id=A19721191
- G. E. Kim, E. J. Shin. Ego Integrity of the Elderly - Focusing on Mediator of Self-actualization. Korean Journal of Gerontological Social Welfare vol. 71(3), pp. 109-136. 2016.
- Y. A. Kim. A Study on the Elements Affecting the Ego Integrity in the Elderiy Widows. Daegu University. docterr's Thesis. 2010.
- S. Y. Kim, M. A. Kim. The Relationship Among Pain, Depression and Ego Integrity in Day Care Center Elderly Peoples With Chronic Pain. Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing. Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 50-60. 2003. DOI: http://www.riss.kr/link?id=A40141855
- K. H. No. A Study on the Factors influencing the Ego-integrity among Korean Elderiy People in NEW York City. Vol. 32. No.1. pp. 67-85. 2012.
- J. A. Jun. A Study on the Influencing Factors of Ego Integrity in the Elderly - Centering on the Social Support and Depression. The Gradute School of Seoul Women's University. Master's Thesis. 2006.
- H. Y. Kim., K. S. Kang. The Effect of Retropective Goup Music Therapy Using Narrative on Ego-integrity and Quality of Life for Elderly Living in Nursing Home. Jounal of the Korean Arts Psychotherapy Association, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 137-158. 2015. DOI: http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T13727856
- H. J. Kim., Y. H. Song. The Effect of Reminiscen-Orented Sandtray for Ego-integrity of ther Elderly. Jounal of the Play Therapy. Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 73-87. 2014.
- G. H. Noh. A Study on the Factors Influencing the Ego-Integrity among Korean Elderly People in New York City. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 67-85. 2012. DOI: http://www.riss.kr/link?id=A60239305