- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Subjective Study on the Virtual Currency of the 20's Young Generation
20대 청년세대의 가상화폐에 대한 주관성 연구
- Rhee, Young-Sun (Division of Administration & Social Welfare, Chosun University) ;
- Kim, Su-Yeon (Division of Information Social Welfare, Chosun University) ;
- Kim, Hye-Ji (Division of Information Social Welfare, Chosun University) ;
- Kim, Han-Na (Division of Information Social Welfare, Chosun University)
- Received : 2018.05.14
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
In this study, we categorized the subjective recognition of 20's young generation about virtual currency into a few meaningful types and analyzed the characteristics of each type using the Qmethodology. For the Qpopulation, we selected a total of 337 samples which were derived from the Internet search, in-depth interviews, and literature survey, chose the final 51 Qstatements, and performed the Q-classification for the 40 P samples of 20's, including university students. Then, we analyzed the results using the PC-QUANL program. From the analysis, we found meaningful differences between each recognition type, and, after classifying the recognition types into four, we named each of them as 'investment-vehicle' type, 'future-technology' type, 'kind of gambling-like plays' type, and 'foamy faddishness' type. We hope that this research result can contribute to follow-up research and social discussion as base materials.
Q methodology;Recognition type;Subjective study;20's young generation;Virtual currency
Supported by : 조선대학교
- European Banking Authority, Warning to consumers on virtual currencies, 2013.
- H. S. Yang, Y. M. Kwon, "Internet Money - Bit Coin Trends", Proceedings of the Korea Multimedia Society Conference, Vol.19, No.1 pp.28-36, 2015.
- J. H. Baek, "Virtual currency Bitcoin Landing first store to trade bakery", JTBC NEWS, December, 2013.
- A. R. Cho, J. D. No, Although the fear of closing has decreased. "Payment is still a long way off", The Korea Economic Daily, January, 2018.
- B. G. Min, Y. G. Sung, W. I. Park, "Issues and Policy Implications of Bit Coin and Block Chain.", Issues & Diagnostics, No.307 pp.1-27, 2018.
- Korea Financial Investors Protection Foundation, 2017, Virtual Money Users Survey Results, 2018.
- S. G. Ryu, "Great Plains' Chin Daeje, Virtual Money and Block Chain 'Between the Ideals and the Reality", Sports Q, 2018.
- K. T. Kim, "Virtual currency" 70 million won to 10 million won, "Anger, melancholy", Financial news, 2018.
- G. J. Kim, "Money Attitudes and personal Finance of College Students", Consumer Culture Research, Vol.6, No.3 pp.33-50, 2003.
- S. C. Park, H. G. Park, D. W. Shin, Pay attention to these companies when investing in P2P loans, Supervisory Bureau of the Financial Supervisory Service(FSC), 2018.
- E. Whitley, D. Gunnell, D. Dorling, G. D. Smith, "Ecological Study of Social Fragmentation, Poverty, and Suicide", British Medical Journal(Clinical research ed.), Vol.319, No.7216, pp.1034-1037, 1999. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmj.319.7216.1034 https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.319.7216.1034
- D. M. Fergusson, L. J. Woodward, L. J. Horwood, "Risk factors and live process associated with the onset of suicidal behavior during adolescence and early adulthood", Psychological Medicine, Vol.30, No.1, pp.23-39, 2000. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S003329179900135X https://doi.org/10.1017/S003329179900135X
- G. H. Jo, H. J. Lee, "A Content Analysis of Subjective Perception of cause and intervention of suicide among College Students", Korean social welfare education, Vol.22, No.22 pp.105-133, 2013.
- H. K. Kang, "To protect potential investors in the KOSDAQ market A Study on the Operation Direction of the Retirement System", Korea University, 2013.
- S. Y. Jeong, "Virtual Currencies and VAT Issues", Korea International Taxation Association, Vol.32, No.1, 2016.
- Y. D. Song, S. H. Jang, "Case analysis and countermeasures for each type of crime related to bit coin", Korean Public Administration Review, Vol.14 No.3, pp.141-166, November, 2017.
- H. K. Kim, "Subjectivity Research Q Methodology and Theory", Korean Subjectivity Research Society, Vol.1, pp.15-33, 1996.
- H. K. Kim, "Q Methodology and Theory : P Sampling and Q Sorting", Korean Subjectivity Research Society, Vol.15, No.15 pp.5-19, 2007.
- G. J. Kim, J. H. Hong, "Financial knowledge and personal financial management behavior of college students", Korea Home Management Association, pp.117-122, 2002.
- S. J. Hwang, "Virtual currency money, 2030 households, investment of 1-5million won", newspim, 2018.
- S. J. Kim, "Virtual money in the era of the 4th industrial revolution (2)Shade of virtual money", Korean Christian Bulletin, 2018.
- W. S. Kim, "Other Voices Yushimin vs Jeong Jae-seung, Virtual Currency.Block Chain", wikitree, 2018.
- S. M. Ko, "The 'virtual currency specialization and the virtual money special district' contrary to 'the unconditional closing of the virtual money exchange", Justice Administration, Vol.59, No.3 pp.2-22, 2018.
- J. Y. Jun, E. J. Yeo, "Understanding Bitcoin : From the Perspective of Monetary Economics", Korea Business Review, Vol.18, No.4 pp.211-239, November, 2014.
- J. H. Yoon, "Virtual Currency 'Flower Road and Dirt Road", The Yeongnam Ilbo, 2018.
- G. R. Lee, "Anxiety about returning profit All day virtual money chart only. Followers of addicts", Market economy newspaper, 2017.
- M. H. Song, "Traditional Ownership Theory and the Future of Virtual Currency", Journal of Korean Law, Vol.5, pp.33-56, 2018.
- S. H. Gu, P. Wang, T. Sun, "A Study of the Factors Influencing Acceptance of Virtual Currency: Focused on Technology Acceptance Model", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.15, No.7, pp.4122-4131, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.7.4122 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.7.4122
- J. S. Kim, "Bitcoin, Warren Buffett 'Rat', Bill Gates 'Fool Theory'", Seoul Economy, 2018.
- G. B. Bin, "Will virtual money be money?", kinews, 2018.
- Y. S. Jeon, S. H. Yun, W. Y. Cha, "Should Korean economy be similar to Long term slowdown of Japan economy?", Korea Insurance Research Institute, Vol.2014, No.6, pp.1-105, 2014.