- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Scientific fire investigation by NFPA 921 CODE based on frozen warehouse fire case
냉동창고 화재 사례를 기반으로 하는 NFPA 921 CODE에 의한 과학적 화재조사 연구
- Park, Kyong-Jin (Department of Emergency Management, Inje University) ;
- Lee, Yong-KI (Yangsan Fire Station, Gyeongsangnam-do fire department) ;
- Cha, Sung-Sig (Department of Emergency Management, Inje University) ;
- Jung, Dong-Young (Department of Emergency Management, Inje University) ;
- Kim, Jang-Oh (Department of Emergency Management, Inje University)
- 박경진 (인제대학교 재난관리학과) ;
- 이영기 (경상남도소방본부 양산소방서) ;
- 차성식 (인제대학교 재난관리학과) ;
- 정도영 (인제대학교 재난관리학과) ;
- 김장오 (인제대학교 재난관리학과)
- Received : 2018.05.02
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
In this study, we investigated the cases where there were many opinions in the judgment of the cause of ignition in the case of 20 cases of frozen warehouse fire that occurred in 2017.The research methodology is the scientific fire survey method prescribed by the NFPA 921 CODE. Scientific fire investigation method is fire investigation method by logical reasoning through hypothesis setting, minimizing errors in judgment of ignition source. On the other hand, unscientific fire investigation methods cause many errors by the intervention of irrational factors such as subjective estimation, reasoning judgment, etc. This eventually leads to the problem of human and material responsibility and academic deterioration. In particular, fire not seen as compared to sighted fire makes more errors in ignition sources in the cause investigation. In this study, we set the hypothesis A and hypothesis B based on the review of the fire investigation report and the field survey on the fire case of the cold storage warehouse front line that occurred at ** city ** Mart in 2017.The set hypothesis was tested by the NFPA 921 code. This analytical method will be constructed by NEW Paradigm as a source of fire that is not seen in the future and a source of ignorant fire.In addition, the experimental data of this study will be used to inform the manufacturer and operator of the refrigeration warehouse and serve as basic data for fire prevention.
NFPA 921 code;Scientific fire investigation;Trekking phenomenon;Frozen Warehouse;Constant-temperature front
- "National Fire Information Center E-Fire Statistics", 2017.
- NFPA, "NFPA921 Guide for Fire and Explosion Investigations 2014 Edition", pp.11-19, 2014
- National Fire Agency, Fire Tactics, Vol.1, pp.235, 2016.
- Eui Pyeong Lee, A Study on Measures to Minimize Errors in the Judgment of Fire Causes, Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol.13, No.3, pp.139-146, 2012. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2013.13.3.139 https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2013.13.3.139
- Eui Pyeong Lee, Cause Analysis of Errors in the Judgement of Fire Causes, Journal of the Korean Society of Hazard Mitigation, Vol.13, No.2, pp.209-216, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2013.13.2.209 https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2013.13.2.209
- Se-hong Min.Byeong-jun Song, A Study on Ignition and Fire Risks of Electric Heat Wire, Journal of the Korea safety management & science, Vol.17, No.4, pp.115, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.12812/ksms.2015.17.4.113 https://doi.org/10.12812/ksms.2015.17.4.113
- Automation parts, A Satisfactory Partner of Factory Automation, Future Development Front Materials, 2009, http://blog.naver.com/msj3692/70073573333, 2017.01.28.