- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Stress and Fatigue Evaluation of Distributor for Heat Recovery Steam Generator in Combined Cycle Power Plant
복합발전플랜트 배열회수보일러 분배기의 응력 및 피로 평가
- Lee, Boo-Youn (Dept. of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Keimyung University)
- 이부윤 (계명대학교 기계자동차공학전공)
- Received : 2018.05.03
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
Stress and fatigue of the distributor, an equipment of the high-pressure evaporator for the HRSG, were evaluated according to ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII Division 2. First, from the results of the piping system analysis model, reaction forces of the tubes connected to the distributor were derived and used as the nozzle load applied to the detailed analysis model of the distributor afterward. Next, the detailed model to analyze the distributor was constructed, the distributor being statically analyzed for the design condition with the steam pressure and the nozzle load. As a result, the maximum stress occurred at the bore of the horizontal nozzle, and the primary membrane stress at the shell and nozzle was found to be less than the allowable. Next, for the transient operating conditions given for the distributor, thermal analysis was performed and the structural analysis was carried out with the steam pressure, nozzle load, and thermal load. Under the transient conditions, the maximum stress occurred at the vertical downcomer nozzle, and of which fatigue life was evaluated. As a result, the cumulative usage factor was less than the allowable and hence the distributor was found to be safe from fatigue failure.
Distributor;Fatigue Life;Finite Element Analysis;HRSG;Thermal Stress
- S. H. Baek, The Monthly Report of Major Electric Power Statistics, Vol. 448, No. 2, Korea Electric Power Corporation, 2016.
- V. R. Eriksen, Heat Recovery Steam Generator Technology, Woodhead Publishing, 2017.
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII Division 2: Alternate Rules, Rules for Construction of Pressure Vessels, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2010.
- EN 13445-3:2009, Unfired Pressure Vessels - Part 3: Design, European Committee for Standardization, 2009.
- T. H. Kim, J. S. Choi, J. S. Han, "Thermal-structural Analysis and Fatigue Life Evaluation of a Parallel Slide Gate Valve in Accordance with ASME B&PVC", Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.41, No.2, pp.157-164, 2017. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2017.41.2.157 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2017.41.2.157
- C. H. Chong, J. I. Song, "Stress Behaviors of Superheater Tubes under Load Change Operation in HRSG," Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, Vol.28, No.6, pp.33-39, 2008.
- J. B. Kim, S. H. Hwang, Chung J. C., "The CFD Analysis for the Fatigue Life Evaluation of HRSG Bumper", Proc. of KSME Autumn Conference, pp. 1280-1285, 2015.
- S. M. Choi, S. H. Kim, P. I. Kim, S. H. Ko, H. B. Chung, B. G. Han, H. H. Cho, "Effect of Installing Heat Sink to Reduce Thermal Stress on HRSG Casing", Proc. of KSME Autumn Conference, pp. 12A003, 2014.
- C. H. Chong, H. G. Kim, Y. J. Choi, C. S. Lee, J. W. Ha, "Design Life Analysis for HRSG", Proc. of KSME Autumn Conference, pp. 55-60, 2004.
- S. H. Hwang, H. G. Kim, C. Y. Seon, C. S. Lee, B. Y. Lee, "Fatigue Life Evaluation for HP Drum in HRSG According to EN Code", Proc. of KSME Autumn Conference, pp. 506-511, 2010.
- B. Y. Lee, "Evaluation of Stress and Fatigue of High-Pressure Drum for Heat Recovery Steam Generator According to European Code", Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Submitted, 2018.
- B. Y. Lee, "Evaluation of Safety of Corrosion Fatigue of High Pressure Drum for Heat Recovery Steam Generator Using Transient Thermal Stress Analysis", J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Submitted, 2018.
- B. Y. Lee, "Evaluation of Stress and Fatigue Life of Tube Bundle and Header for High-Pressure Evaporator of Heat Recovery Steam Generator," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Submitted, 2018.
- G. Volpi, M. Penati, G. Silva, "Heat Recovery Steam Generators for Large Combined Cycle Plants (250 MWe GT Output): Experiences with Different Design Options and Promising Improvements by Once-through Technology Development," Proc. of Power Gen Europe 2005, Milan, 28-30 June, 2005.
- ANSYS User's Manual Version 11, ANSYS Inc., 2007.
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code Section II Part D: Materials Properties, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2010. ISBN: 978-0791832349
- G. B. Richard, J. N. Keith, Shigley's Mechanical Engineering Design, 9th Ed., McGraw-Hill, 2013.
- J. G. Coller, J. R. Thome, Convective Boiling and Condensation, Oxford, 1994.
- S. W. Churchill, "Free Convection Around Immersed Bodies", in G. F. Hewitt (Ed.), Heat Exchanger Handbook, Section 2.5.7, Begell House, 2002.