- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study for Stamping of Patchwork with Resistance Spot Weld
저항 점용접에 의한 실러 패치워크 적용 판재 프레스 성형 연구
- Lee, Gyeong-Min (Korea Automotive Technology Institute) ;
- Jung, Chan-Yeong (Hyundai Hitec) ;
- Song, Il-Jong (Hyundai Hitec)
- Received : 2018.04.11
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
Recently, research on the development of lightweight vehicle bodies is increasing continuously as a response to fuel economy regulations. To reduce the weight of a vehicle body, a conventional steel plate has been substituted by light weight material with high specific strength and the jointing of multi-materials is generally applied. On the other hand, the customer's demand for safety and emotional quality in NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) is becoming increasingly important. Therefore, a light weight with proper strength and NVH quality is needed. In the view of light weighting and NVH quality, the application of a vibration proof steel plate can be an effective solution but the formability of a sandwich panel is different with a conventional steel sheet. Therefore, careful analysis of formability is required. This study aims to characterize the formability of a sandwich high-strength steel plate. The high-strength steel plates of different thicknesses with resistance spot welding and sealer bonding were analyzed using forming limits diagram through a cup drawing test.
Cowl Module;FEM;Forming Limit Diagram;Sealer Patchwork;Stamping
Supported by : 한국산업기술진흥원
- N. C. Kim, J. Yoon, W. K. Na, "The 135kgf/mm2 Back Beam application to bumper for good rating in the IIHS test and reducing its weight", Spring Conference Proceedings of KSAE, KSAE04-S0183, pp.1151-1157, 2004.
- H. O. Kim, T. Altan, Q. G. Yan, "Evaluation of stamping lubricants in forming advanced high strength steels (AHSS) using deep drawing and ironing tests", Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.209, No.8, pp.4122-4133, 2009. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2008.10.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2008.10.007
- T.B. Hilditch, J.G. Speer, D.K. Matlock, "Influence of low-strain deformation characteristics of high strength sheet steel on curl and springback in bend-under-tension tests", Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol.182, No.1-3, pp.84-94, 2007. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2006.06.020 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2006.06.020
- D. G. Kim, S. W. Park, C. Y. Lim, J. D. Seo, J. S. Lee, 2016, "Development of Hot Stamped Center Pillar with Patchwork", Proc. of KSPE Spring Conference, pp.561-561.
- D. K, Hong, J. B, Jeong, S. W, Jung, G. B. Kim, C. W, Ahn, "Investigating Natural Frequency Analysis and Measurement of Railway Vehicle to Avoid Resonance", Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol.22, No.8, pp.713-719. 2012. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.8.713 https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.8.713
- J. H. Song, H. Huh, S. H. Kim, 2005, "Study on Design Parameters in a Stamping Process of an Automotive Member with the imulation-based Approach", Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol.14, No.1, pp.21-28, 2005. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2005.14.1.021 https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2005.14.1.021
- B. Choi, S. Kang, "Stiffness and Fatigue Strength Analysis of Fuel Cell Vehicle Body Frame", Trans. of KSAE, Vol.19, No.4, pp.47-53, 2011.