- Volume 19 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
An IMS based Architecture Using SDN Controller
SDN 제어기를 사용한 IMS 기반 구조
- Liu, Zeqi (School of Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education) ;
- Lee, Jae-Oh (School of Electrical, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education)
- Received : 2018.05.03
- Accepted : 2018.08.03
- Published : 2018.08.31
The IP Multimedia Subsystem(IMS) is an architectural framework for delivering IP multimedia services to mobile users. In order to guarantee the reliability and Quality of Service(QoS) of a variety of multimedia services, we need a new evolutionary approach that maintains the IMS based signaling platform which can perform the processing of flow through distributed controllers. Software Defined Network(SDN) is an architecture purporting to be distributed, dynamic, cost-effectives as well as adapting and seeking to be suitable for the high-bandwidth, dynamic nature of today's applications. It requires some methods for the control plane to communication with the data plane. One of such mechanisms is OpenFlow which is a prominent standard protocol and interface that is responsible for managing the network resources by using the remote SDN controller. In this paper, we propose a straightforward approach for integrating SDN technology together with the IMS architecture. Therefore we propose and construct a combined architecture model that performs flow processing using OpenFlow via the IMS based signaling platform, which maintains the existing telecom call service. Additionally, we describe some relevant experimentation results from the proposed architecture.
Supported by : 한국기술교육대학교
- I. Bueno, J. I. Aznar, E. Escalona, J. Ferrer, J. A. Garcia-Espin, "An OpenNaaS Based SDN Framework for Dynamic QoS Control", Proceedings of 2013 IEEE SDN for Future Networks and Services (SDN4FNS), pp.1-7, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/SDN4FNS.2013.6702533 https://doi.org/10.1109/SDN4FNS.2013.6702533
- M. Fakhfakh, O. Cherkaoui, I. L. Bedhiaf, M. Frikha, "High availability in IMS virtualized network", Proceedings of 2009 First International Conference on Communications and Networking, 2009. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/COMNET.2009.5373553 https://doi.org/10.1109/COMNET.2009.5373553
- E. Al-Masri, Q. H. Mahmoud, "Qos-based Discovery and Ranking of Web Services", Proceedings of 2007 16th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks, 2007. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICCCN.2007.4317873 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCCN.2007.4317873
- C. S. Tang, C. Y. Twu, J. H. Ju, Y. D. Tsou, "Collaboration of IMS and SDN to enable new ICT service creation", Proceedings of The 16th Asia-Pacific Network Operations and Management Symposium, pp.1-2, 2014. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1109/APNOMS.2014.6996528 https://doi.org/10.1109/APNOMS.2014.6996528
- C. Tranoris, S. Denazis, N. Mouratidis, P. Dowling, J. Tynam, "Intergrating OpenFlow in IMS Networks and Enabling for Future Internet Researchand Experimentation", The Future Internet, Vol.7858, pp.77-88, 2013. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-38082-2_7 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-38082-2_7
- J. Polk, S. Dhesikan, G. Camarillo, "Quality of Service (QoS) Mechanism Selection in the Session Description Protocol (SDP)", Request for Comments 5432, pp.1-9, 2009.
- J. Summers, P. Harmon, T. Smith, "Internet-enabled conferencing system and method accommodating PSTN and IP traffic", U.S. Patent No. 6,876,734.5, Apr. 2005.
- G. Camarillo, M. A. Garcia-Martin, The 3G IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS): Chapter 8 Policy and Charging Control in the IMS, John Wiley & Sons, pp.243-266, 2008. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.1002/9780470695135.ch8
- J. O. Lee, H. K. Lee, "An Implementation of IMS Based PoC Service Deployment", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.16, No.7, pp.4878-4883, 2015. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4878 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4878
- J. H. Kim, J. M. Been, S. C. Kang, J. O. Lee, "M2M Network Platform Using the MSRP", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.17, No.4, pp.752-757, 2016. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.4.752 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.4.752
- W. S. Yang, J. H. Kim, J. O. Lee, "A Management for IMS Network Using SDN and SNMP", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.18, No.4 pp.694-699, 2017. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.4.694 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.4.694