- Volume 31 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Proposal Protection Algorithm of Dendritic Lithium for Battery Second Use ESS
재사용 ESS를 위한 리튬 배터리 덴드라이트 보호 알고리즘 제안
- Song, Jung-Yong (Department of Electrical Engineering, Inha University) ;
- Huh, Chang-Su (Department of Electrical Engineering, Inha University)
- Received : 2018.04.17
- Accepted : 2018.05.25
- Published : 2018.09.01
The lithium-ion battery pack of an electric vehicle (EV) deserves to be considered for an alternative use within smart-grid infrastructure. Despite the long automotive service life, EV batteries retain over 70~80% of their initial capacity. These battery packs must be managed for their reliability and safety. Therefore, a battery management system (BMS) should use specific algorithms to measure and estimate the status of the battery. Most importantly, the BMS of a grid-connected energy storage system (ESS) must ensure that the lithium-ion battery does not catch fire or explode due to an internal short from uncontrolled dendrite growth. In other words, the BMS of a lithium-ion battery pack should be capable of detecting the battery's status based on the electrochemical reaction continuously until the end of the battery's lifespan. In this paper, we propose a new protection algorithm for a dendritic lithium battery. The proposed algorithm has applied a parameter from battery pack aging results and has control power managing.
- IEC62619 Edition 1.0, IEC 62485-1 Edition 1.0, IEC 624 85-2 Edition 1.0, IEC 62485-3 Edition 2.0.
- C. M. Lopez, J. T. Vaughey, and D. W. Dees, J. Electrochem. Soc., 159, A873 (2012). [DOI: https://doi.org/10.1149/2.100206jes] https://doi.org/10.1149/2.100206jes
- A. T. Elsayed, C. R. Lashway, and O. A. Mohammed, IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, 7, 897 (2016). [DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/tsg.2015.2418677]
- E. Redondo-Iglesias, P. Venet, and S. Pelissier, IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., 67, 104 (2018). [DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2017.2751218] https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2017.2751218
- B. G. Carkhuff, P. A. Demirev, and R. Srinivasan, IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., 65, 6497 (2018). [DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2017.2786199] https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2017.2786199