- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A foundation treatment optimization approach study in hydraulic engineering
- Zhang, Tianye (College of Water Conservancy and Hydropower Engineering, Hohai University) ;
- Liu, Shixia (Benxi Branch of Liaoning Hydrology and Water Resources Survey Bureau)
- Received : 2018.04.02
- Accepted : 2018.05.17
- Published : 2018.08.25
To reach a better foundation treatment project, an optimized analysis of composite foundation was studied in the field of hydraulic engineering. Its unique characteristics in hydraulic engineering were concluded. And, the overall and detailed analysis of the composite foundation model established was carried out. The index parameters of the vertical reinforced rigid pile composite foundation were formulated. Further, considering the unique role of cushion in hydraulic engineering, its penetration and regularity were analyzed. Then, comparative and optimized analyses of cushion multistage physical dimensions and multistage material characteristics were established. The parameters of the piles distance were optimized and the multilevel scientific and reasonable parameters information was obtained. Based on the information of these parameters, the practical application was verified. It effectively supported the effective application of vertical reinforcement rigid pile composite foundation in hydraulic engineering. The service mechanism of composite foundation was fully analyzed.
Supported by : Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions (PAPD)
- Akpinar, U., Binici, B. and Arici, Y. (2014), "Earthquake stresses and effective damping in concrete gravity dams", Earthq. Struct., 6(3), 251-266. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2014.6.3.251
- Bergado, D. and Long, P. (1994), "Numerical analysis of embankment on subsiding ground improved by vertical drains and granular piles", Proceedings of the 13th International Coneference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, 1361-1366.
- Caetta, G. and Nova, R. (1989), "Anumerieal method for the Analysis of Ground imporved by colmunarn clusion", Comput. Geotech., 7-21.
- Chen, S.S., Fu, Z.Z., Wei, K.M. and Han, H.Q. (2016), "Seismic responses of high concrete face rockfill dams: A case study", Water Sci. Eng., 9(3), 195-204. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wse.2016.09.002
- Cheng, X., Jing, W., Yin, C. and Li, C. (2018), "Stability parameter analysis of a composite foundation of an oil storage tank in a loess area treated with compaction piles", Soils Found., 58(2), 306-318. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sandf.2018.02.004
- Chi, Y., Song, E., Jin, H. and Gao, W. (2003), "Experimental study on stress distribution of composite foundation with rigid piles", Rock Soil Mech., 24(3), 339-343.
- Desai, C. (1974), "Numerieal design-analysis for rpiles in sands", J. Geoteeh. Eng. Div., 100(6), 613-633.
- Eestimation, P. (1976), "Settlement in gravel column consolidated sop", Die Bautech., 160-162.
- Ellison, R., D'Appolonia, E. and Thiers, G. (1971), "Load-deformation mechanism for bored piles", J. Soil Mech. Found. Div., 97, 661-678.
- Geddes, J. (1996), "Stersses in fundation soils due to vercial subsurface load", Geotechnique, 16(3), 231-255.
- Hassiotis, S., Chameau, J. and Gunaratne, M. (1997), "Design method for stabilization of slopes with piles", J. Geotech. Geoenviron., 125(10), 314-323.
- Hooper, J.A. (1973), "Observation on the behavior of a piled-raft foundation on london Clay", P. I. Civil Eng., 55(2), 855-877.
- Huang, X., Yang, M., Feng, L., Gu, H., Su, H.Z., Cui, X.B. and Cao, W.H. (2017), "Crack detection study for hydraulic concrete using PPP-BOTDA", Smart Struct. Syst., 20(1), 75-83. https://doi.org/10.12989/SSS.2017.20.1.075
- Huang, X., Zheng, D., Yang, M., Gu, H., Su, H.Z., Cui, X.B. and Cao, W.H. (2018), "Displacement aging component-based stability analysis for the concrete dam", Geomech. Eng., 14(3), 241-246. https://doi.org/10.12989/GAE.2018.14.3.241
- Jia, F., Yang, M., Liu, B., Wang, J., Gao, J., Su, H. and Zhao, E. (2017), "A comprehensive evaluation method study for dam safety", Struct. Eng. Mech., 63(5), 639-646. https://doi.org/10.12989/SEM.2017.63.5.639
- Lee, J., Salgado, R. and Paik, K. (2003), "Estimation of load capacity of pipe piles in sand based on cone penetration test results", J. Geotech. Geoenviron., 129(5), 391-403. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(2003)129:6(391)
- Lin, Z., Pokrajac, D., Guo, Y., Jeng, D. S., Tang, T., Rey, N., ... and Zhang, J. (2017), "Investigation of nonlinear wave-induced seabed response around mono-pile foundation", Coast. Eng., 121, 197-211. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.coastaleng.2017.01.002
- Liu, D., Zheng, G., Liu, J. and Li, J. (2006), "Experimental study on comparison of behavior between rigid pile composite foundation and composite pile foundation", J. Build. Struct., 27(4), 121-128.
- Lotfi, V. and Samii, A. (2012), "Dynamic analysis of concrete gravity dam-reservoir systems by wavenumber approach in the frequency domain", Earthq. Struct., 3(3-4), 533-548. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2012.3.3_4.533
- Miles, J., Martin, T. and Goddard, L. (2017), "Current and wave effects around windfarm monopile foundations", Coast. Eng., 121, 167-178. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.coastaleng.2017.01.003
- Mroueh, H. and Shahrour, I. (2002), "Three-dimensional finite element analysis of the interaction between tunneling and pile foundations", Int. J. Numer. Anal. Meter., 26(3), 217-230. https://doi.org/10.1002/nag.194
- Niemunis, A. and Herle, I. (2015), "Hypoplastic model for cohesionless soils with elastic strain range", Int. J. Numer. Anal. Meter., 2(4), 279-299.
- Ottavianvi, M. (1975), "Three-dimensional Finite Element analysis of vertically loaded pile ground", Geotechnique, 25(2), 159-174. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.19184.108.40.206
- Papaleontiou, C.G. and Tassoulas, J.L. (2012), "Evaluation of dam strength by finite element analysis", Earthq. Struct., 3(3-4), 457-471. https://doi.org/10.12989/eas.2012.3.3_4.457
- Randolph, M.F. (2003), "Science and empiricism in pile foundation design", Geotechnique, 53(10), 847-876. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.2003.53.10.847
- Rowe, R.K. (1980), "Pile foundation analysis and design: book review", John Wiley, 18(3), 472-473. https://doi.org/10.1139/t81-056
- Wang, C., Wang, B., Zhou, S. and Su, H. (2012), "The differential settlement in rigid pile composite foundation on collapsible loess in high speed railway", Adv. Sci. Lett., 12(1), 46-51. https://doi.org/10.1166/asl.2012.2747
- Yang, G. and Yang, M. (2016), "Multistage warning indicators of concrete dam under influences of random factors", Math. Probl. Eng., 2016, 1-12.
- Yang, H., Xie, S., Secq, J. and Shao, J. (2017a), "Experimental study and modeling of hydromechanical behavior of concrete fracture", Water Sci. Eng., 10(2), 97-106. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wse.2017.06.002
- Yang, M. and Su, H. (2017b), "A study for optical fiber multi-direction strain monitoring technology", Optik, 144, 324-333. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2017.06.069
- Zhang, Y., Xu, W., Shao, J., Zhao, H. and Wang, W. (2017), "Experimental investigation of creep behavior of clastic rock in Xiangjiaba Hydropower Project ", Water Sci. Eng., 8(1), 55-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wse.2015.01.005
- Zheng, D., Deng, A. and Lv, Z. (1999), "Finite element analysis on the effect of bedding layer on the CFG pile composite foundation", Undergr. Sp., 19(2), 89-92.
- Zhu, H., Yin, J., Dong, J. and Zhang, L. (2010), "Physical modelling of sliding failure of concrete gravity dam under overloading condition", Geomech. Eng., 2(2), 89-106. https://doi.org/10.12989/gae.2010.2.2.089