- Volume 22 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Mechanical Properties of Recycled Coarse Aggregate concrete using Two-Stage Mixing Approach
TSMA 방법을 이용한 순환 굵은골재 콘크리트의 기계적 성능
- Kwon, Seung Jun ;
- Lim, Hee Seob (Department of Civil Engineering, Hannam University) ;
- Lee, Han Seung ;
- Lim, Myung Kwan
- Received : 2018.03.15
- Accepted : 2018.06.30
- Published : 2018.07.01
As the lack of specific aggregation intensifies, the development of alternative resources is urgent. Construction waste is increasing every year, but recycled aggregate is used as a low value added material. Various studies are currently underway at the national level. In this paper, the mechanical performance of the concrete according to the concrete mixing method and the replacement amount of the circulating coarse aggregate was compared and evaluated. Concrete mixing method was normal mixing approach(NMA) method, two-stage mixing approach1 (TSMA1) method, two-stage mixing approach2 (TSMA2) method. Fresh concrete was tested for air content, slump test, and unit volume weight. Compressive strength and flexural strength were tested in hardened concrete. According to the TSMA method, the mechanical performance difference of concrete is shown, and the strength is decreased according to the circulating coarse aggregate replacement amount.
- Bae J. M., Kim Y. S. (2010) A study on the chloride diffusivity of recycled aggregate concrete, Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction, 10(1) 147-153 https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIC.2010.10.1.147
- Ha J. S., Shin J. H., Chung L., Kim H. S. (2016) Performance evaluation of recycled aggregate concrete made of recycled aggregate modified by carbonation, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 28(4) 445-454. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2016.28.4.445
- Han M. C. (2011) Effect of recycled aggregate powder on the fluidity and resistance to segregation of high fluidity concrete, Construction environment research institute of Chungwoon University, 6(2) 99-108.
- Hendriks C. F., Pietersen H. S. (2000) Sustainable raw materials: construction and demolition waste, Cachan Cedex, RILEM Publication.
- Ji K. C., Park H. G., Yun S. J., Kim C. D. (2004) A study on the efficient way of recycled aggregate, Korea Institute of Construction Engineering and Management, 556-560
- Kim H. S., Kim J. M., Sun J. S., Bae K. S. (2015) Quality improvement of recycled fine aggregate by neutralization reaction in water, Journal of Korea Recycled Construction Resource Institute, 3(2) 146-151. https://doi.org/10.14190/JRCR.2015.3.2.146
- Kim S. C., Park D. K., Yoog K. C. (2016) Characteristic of cementitious mortar using high volume of recycled fine aggregate, Journal of Korea Recycled Construction Resource Institute, 4(3), 235-242 https://doi.org/10.14190/JRCR.2016.4.3.235
- Lee J., Lee B. C., Cho Y. K., Jung S. H. (2017) Carbonation properties of recycled aggregate concrete by specified concrete strength, Journal of Korea Recycled Construction Resource Institute, 5(1) 85-93. https://doi.org/10.14190/JRCR.2017.5.1.085
- Lee Y. O., Yun H. D. (2012) Shear performance of full-scale recycled fine aggregate concrete beams without shear reinforcement, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 24(3) 225-232. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2012.24.3.225
- Ministry of Environment, National waste generation and disposal status, 2015.
- Song H. Y., Lee S. S., Lee J. H., Lee Y. S. (2009) A study on the quality properies of recycled sand by produced dry manufacturing system and wet manufacturing system, Journal of Korea Recycled Construction Resource Institute, 4(2), 74-81.
- Tam V. W. Y., Gao X. F., Tam C. M. (2005) Microstructural analysis of recycled aggregate concrete produced from two-stage mixing approach, Cement and Concrete Research 35 1195-1203. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2004.10.025
- Yang I. H., Kim K. C. (2016) Mechanical properties and predictions of strength of concrete containing recycled coarse aggregates, Journal of the Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, 20(2) 49-59. https://doi.org/10.11112/JKSMI.2016.20.2.049