- Serial No. 51
DOI QR Code
The Study on the Role of 3D Animated Pre-visualization in VFX FilmProduction
VFX 영화 제작을 위한 3D animatied Pre-visualization(3D애니메이티드 사전시각화)의 역할에 관한 연구
- 박성호 (호서대학교 첨단미디어전공)
- Received : 2018.05.01
- Accepted : 2018.06.14
- Published : 2018.06.30
Thanks to the advancement of the related technologies and equipment, today's video contents like movies, animations and soap operas are rapidly expanding their expressible cinematic imagination area. In order to fulfill the elevated visual expectations of audiences and realize exciting storytelling and fantastic world, the fusion of different techniques is actively used, and the reality for visual effects and image synthesis is increasing more and more. Accordingly, recent VFX-oriented movies using CG have a much more complicated production process than before. Therefore, the importance of Pre-visualization, aka Pre-vis is becoming bigger in the planning process for sophisticated design. Pre-vis means that the advance visualization for stories or directing ideas in the planning process before starting production of movies or animations. 3D animated Pre-visualization realizing directors' abstract and ambiguous ideas in 3 dimensional environment in advance is, as a powerful means for visual storytelling, briskly used focusing on the VFX film industry on which the present CG is broadly used, and the role of Pre-vis throughout productions has increased compared to the past. The studies, however, on the role and utility of Pre-vis are not enough. Therefore, this study was conducted on the role of Pre-vis used for present VFX movie productions using the examples of 3D animated Pre-visualization production in which the researcher of this study participated. In this study, the role of the Pre-vis that is subdivided presently, is divided into and 3D animatics and their each role is analyzed with the example images. Through this, the characteristics that Pre-vis should have are clarified and the concept of the advantages and utility led by the use of Pre-vis in productions is strengthened. The goal of this study is to induce active uses of Pre-vis throughout productions after forming consensus about the various roles of Pre-vis and their utility.
Supported by : 호서대학교
- 토니C. 카푸토 저/ 이남국, 김재호, 백준기 옮김 비주얼 스토리텔링, 예은(주), 2005.
- 토마스G.스미스 저/민병록 옮김 특수효과기술, 집문당, 2002.
- 송순진, 프리비즈의 역사와 발전 과제, 영화진흥위원회 정책연구, Issue 17-19(2017)
- 이경학 외, 프리비즈(Pre-visualization)활성화 방안 연구, 영화진흥위원회 정책연구, Issue 15-10(2015)
- 권재웅, 애니메이션 제작 공정에 관한 이론적 고찰. 만화애니메이션 연구, 통권 제33호(2013), p.173-202.
- 오석근, 영화진흥위원회 KOFIC리포트 2018-01 2017년 한국 영화산업 결산, 영화진흥위원회, 2018.
- 김호권, 미국 영화, TV광고 프리프로덕션에서 활용되고 있는 프리비즈의 동향과 국내 영상기획 분야에서의 필요성 연구, 애니메이션연구, 통권 제14호(2010), p.24-40
- 박용주, 머시니마의 게임 프리비주얼라이제이션 제작사례에 관한 연구, 한국컴퓨터게임학회논문지, 제25호(2010), p.7-14.
- 이준수, 가상현실에서 효과적인 3차원 영상 연출을 위한 연구-언리얼엔진의 영상 제작을 이용한 인터렉티브 쇼트 중심으로-, 만화애니메이션 연구, 통권 47호(2017), p.1-29.
- 네이버 만화애니메이션사전, http://terms.naver.com, 검색어: 3D애니메틱스
- previssociety, http://previssociety.com/specific-types-of-previs/, 2018.3.2
- Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Previsualization, 검색어:Previsualization
- Making 'Gravity': How Filmmaker Alfonso Cuaron Created 'Weightlessness' Without Spaceflight By Dave Brody, Space, Science and Culture Writer, www.space.com https://www.space.com/23073-gravity-movie-weightlessness-alfonso-cuaron.html, 2017.12.6.
- <그래비티>(Gravity, 2013)
- <봉신연의:영웅의귀환>(League of Gods , 2016)
- <타이거마운틴>(The Taking Of Tiger Mountain , 2014)
- <트랜스포머3>(Transformers: Dark Of The Moon , 2011)
- <쿵푸요가>(Kung-Fu Yoga, 2017)