- Serial No. 51
DOI QR Code
Webtoon era, current status of and development measures for cartoon education - Focusing on college comics education -
웹툰 시대, 만화교육의 현황과 발전 방안 연구 - 대학만화교육을 중심으로 -
- 김병수 (목원대학교)
- Received : 2018.05.01
- Accepted : 2018.06.21
- Published : 2018.06.30
The domestic cartoon industry has went through rapid reformation since 2010 incurred by the emergence of webtoon. Most of the students in cartoon schools long to become webtoonists rather than published cartoonists. Cartoon education in middle and high schools rather focuses on webtoons. The growth of webtoons in private education, excluding college entrance examination, is even more promising. In the same train of thought, the number of webtoon private education institution has surged exponentially. Despite provincial colleges experiencing difficulty due to the lack of the student population, the competition for cartoon admission is intensifying. However, college education often maintains curriculums that do not relate to the on-site demands. Cartoon education in the past was mostly carried out through apprenticeship programs. However such programs began to disappear as college education became more common and as people embraced the emergence of webtoons. Instead collective education and author debut programs replaced the old system. Individualization of education is exacerbating as digital writing tools allow individual webtoonists to publish their works on a weekly basis. The background of the growth of webtoon education can obviously be explained by the growth of the market but there are aspects that can't be explained in such a simple manner. This study examines the current webtoon education status and discusses possible methodological and formation development measures for the future. The introduction examines the change in education and market. The main subject examines the current secondary schools and universities cartoon education and conducts a comprehensive study on the various education related changes. This study proposes future directions for universities by looking at the webtoon era and education changes in the conclusion. It also researched how the units of college cartoon education will fuse and deduct practical results via government policies.
- 임청산, 만화영상예술학, 대훈닷컵, 2003.11.10. p263.
- 강은원, 이승진, 웹툰작가의 인적자원개발 모델링연구 : 창의인재동반 사업을 중심으로, 만화애니메이션연구, 통권 46호(2017.3.31) (사)한국만화애니메이션학회, pp.142-143
- 남혜연, 문화교육으로서 만화교육의 역할과 과제, 만화문화연구, (사)부천만화정보센터, 2004.1.15. pp.80-81.
- 임학순, 만화애니메이션 교육 강사의 전문직종화를 위한 지원모델 연구, 만화애니메이션연구, 통권 11호(2007, 8.31) (사)한국만화애니메이션학회, p.26
- 키쿠치 마사루. 일본만화전공대학의 만화교육체계와 입시체계, 그리고 장기적인 발전방법 세계청년만화교육 컨퍼런스 자료집. 2017.7.19. p53.
- 웹툰가이드, 한국웹툰대쉬보드, https://was.webtoonguide.com/dashboard, 2018,5.1.
- 한국만화영상진흥원, 디지털규장각, 기업.기관.단체.플랫폼, 교육,연구기관. http://www.komacon.kr/dmk/manhwatong/organization_search.asp?srh_fld=2&srh_sfld=1 2018,5.
- 오필정, '미국의 상업예술교육과 요즘', 디지지털만화규장각, http://www.komacon.kr/dmk/manhwazine/zine_view.asp?Seq=1769&nowPage=1 2012.11.22.
- 윤보경, '두 번째 만화 대담 (Rencontres nationales de la bande dessinee) : 교육과 만화', 디지지털만화규장각http://www.komacon.kr/dmk/manhwazine/zine_view.asp?Seq=3077&nowPage=1, 2017.10.17.
- 이안일본유학 블로그. [일본대학 만화학과] 만화를 배울 수 있는 일본 대학. https://blog.naver.com/ianyuhak/220769687990 2016.7.23..
- 장윤석, '유럽만화학교' #02. 벨기에 : 생-뤽 고등미술학교, 에이코믹스 https://acomics.webtoonguide.com/archives/24876. 2015.3.10..
- 장윤석, '유럽의 만화학교 #03 스위스 - 핀란드 - 독일 , 에이코믹스 https://acomics.webtoonguide.com/archives/25027. 2015.3.17.
- 장윤석, 만화의 새로운 지위를 모색하는 '유럽만화학교' #4. 유럽만화의 대칭점 '미국', 에이코믹스. https://acomics.webtoonguide.com/archives/25165. 2015.3.23.