- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Modified SweepSAR Mode with Dual Channels for High Resolution and Wide Swath
- Yoon, Seong Sik (Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Lee, Jae Wook (Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Lee, Taek-Kyung (Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Korea Aerospace University) ;
- Ryu, Sang-burm (Payload Electronics Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Hyeon-Cheol (Payload Electronics Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Sang Gyu (Payload Electronics Team, Korea Aerospace Research Institute)
- Received : 2018.02.08
- Accepted : 2018.06.04
- Published : 2018.07.31
In this study, an imaging mode of the modified SweepSAR is proposed with performance analysis for a high-resolution and wide swath coverage. To reduce the overall antenna size required for the solution of the azimuth ambiguity problem, different pulse repetition frequencies (PRFs) are utilized for different transmitters, respectively. For each imaging mode, system performance parameters are used for simulation, analysis, wide swath prediction, and comparison between conventional ScanSAR mode and SweepSAR mode based on scanon-receive (SCORE). The system parameters of AASR, RASR, and NESZ will be estimated and suggested on the imaging mode by using appropriate reflector antenna with the effectiveness of a modified SweepSAR employing dual channels.
Ambiguity;Antenna Pattern;High Resolution;NESZ;PRF;SweepSAR;Wide Swath
- V. Turkar, R. Deo, Y. S. Rao, S. Mohan, and A. Das, "Classification accuracy of multi-frequency and multi-polarization SAR images for various land covers," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 936-941, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSTARS.2012.2192915
- A. Currie and M. A. Brown, "Wide-swath SAR," IEE Proceedings F (Radar and Signal Processing), vol. 139, no. 2, pp. 122-135, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-f-2.1992.0016
- I. G. Cumming and F. H. Wong, Digital Processing of Synthetic Aperture Radar Data Algorithm and Implementation. Boston, MA: Artech House, 2005.
- D. D'Aria, F. D. Zan, D. Giudici, A. M. Guarnieri, and F. Rocca, "Burst-mode SARs for wide-swath surveys," Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 27-38, https://doi.org/10.5589/m07-008
- G. Krieger, N. Gebert, and A. Moreira, "Unambiguous SAR signal reconstruction from nonuniform displaced phase center sampling," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 260-264, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/LGRS.2004.832700
- G. D. Callaghan and I. D. Longstaff, "Wide-swath space-borne SAR using a quad-element array," IEE Proceedings-Radar, Sonar and Navigation, vol. 146, no. 3, pp. 159-165, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-rsn:19990126
- F. De Zan and A. M. Guarnieri, "TOPSAR: terrain observation by progressive scans," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 2352-2360, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TGRS.2006.873853
- M. Younis, S. Huber, A. Patyuchenko, F. Bordoni, and G. Krieger, "Performance comparison of reflector-and planar-antenna based digital beam-forming SAR," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2009, article ID. 614931, 2009.
- G. Krieger, N. Gebert, M. Younis, F. Bordoni, A. Patyuchenko, and A. Moreira, "Advanced concepts for ultra-wide-swath SAR imaging," in Proceedings of 2008 7th European Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar (EUSAR), Friedrichshafen, Germany, 2008, pp. 1-4.
- S. S. Yoon, J. W. Lee, T. K. Lee, and D. W. Yi, "Parameter selection procedure of parabolic reflector antenna for the optimum synthetic aperture radar performances," Journal of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 251-258, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5515/JKIEES.2013.13.4.251
- S. Y. Kim, N. H. Myung, and M. J. Kang, "Antenna mask design for SAR performance optimization," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 443-447, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/LGRS.2009.2016356
- R. Bamler and M. Eineder, "ScanSAR processing using standard high precision SAR algorithms," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 212-218, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/36.481905
- M. H. Ka and A. A. Kononov, "Effect of look angle on the accuracy performance of fixed-baseline interferometric SAR," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 65-69, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/LGRS.2006.885858