- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Radiation from a Millimeter-Wave Rectangular Waveguide Slot Array Antenna Enclosed by a Von Karman Radome
- Kim, Jihyung (Hanwha Systems) ;
- Song, Sung Chan (Hanwha Systems) ;
- Shin, Hokeun (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ajou University) ;
- Park, Yong Bae (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ajou University)
- Received : 2018.01.03
- Accepted : 2018.04.08
- Published : 2018.07.31
In this paper, electromagnetic radiation from a slot array antenna enclosed by a Von Karman radome is analyzed by using the ray tracing method and Huygens's principle. We consider the rectangular slot array antenna and the Von Karman radome. The radiation patterns are calculated by using the surface currents of the radome to illustrate the electromagnetic behaviors of the radome-enclosed waveguide slot array antenna.
Ray Tracing Technique;Slot Array Antenna;Von Karman Radome
Supported by : Hanwha Systems
- D. J. Kozakoff, Analysis of Radome-Enclosed Antennas. Boston, MA: Artech House, 1997.
- L. W. Li, M. S. Leong, X. Ma, and T. S. Yeo, "Analysis of a circular aperture antenna and its covered dielectric hemispherical radome shell over ground plane: near- and farzone patterns," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 238-243, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1098-2760(19990520)21:4<238::AID-MOP2>3.0.CO;2-K
- J. Wang, G. Guo, H. Zheng, and E. Li, "Characteristic analysis of nose radome by aperture-integration and surface- integration method," in Proceedings of 2012 International Workshop on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Circuits and System Technology (MMWCST), Chengdu, China, 2012, pp. 1-4.
- J. H. Kim, H. J. Chun, I. P. Hong, Y. J. Kim, and Y. B. Park, "Analysis of FSS radomes based on physical optics method and ray tracing technique," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 13, pp. 868-871, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2014.2320978
- E. Arvas, A. Rahhalarabi, E. Gundogan, and U. Pekel, "Electromagnetic transmission through a small radome of arbitrary shape," IEE Proceedings H (Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation), vol. 137, no. 6, pp. 401-405, 1990.
- M. He, X. Xu, B. Hu, and Y. Zheng, "Accurate analysis of arbitrarily shaped wire antenna-dielectric radome structures," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, vol. 6, pp. 408-410, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2007.902060
- H. Meng, W. Dou, and K. Yin, "Analysis of antenna-radome system at millimeter wave band," in Proceedings of 2008 Global Symposium on Millimeter Waves, Nanjing, China, 2008, pp. 380-383.
- H. Mustacoglu, J. R. Mautz, and E. Arvas, "Method of moments analysis of an axisymmetric chiral radome," in Proceedings of 2011 30th URSI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium, Istanbul, Turkey, 2011, pp. 1-4.
- P. Li, W. Y. Xu, L. W. Song, and Y. Y. Qiu, "A novel inversion method of manufacturing flaws in the packaging of conformal load-bearing antenna structure," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2015, article ID. 795323, 2015.
- P. L. Overfelt, "Superspheroids: a new family of radome shapes," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 215-220, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/8.366386
- C. C. Lu, "Dielectric radome analysis using multilevel fast multiple algorithm," in Proceedings of IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, Boston, MA, 2001, pp. 730-733.
- J. W. You, S. R. Tan, X. Y. Zhou, W. M. Yu, and T. J. Cui, "A new method to analyze broadband antenna-radome interactions in time-domain," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 334-344, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2013.2290548
- H. Meng and W. Dou, "Hybrid IPO‐BI‐FEM for the analysis of 2D large radome with complex structure," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 51, no. 5, pp. 1348-1353, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1002/mop.24332
- I. S. Koh, C. H. Park, and W. Sun, "Analysis of radiation characteristics of Ka-band von Karman radome based on IPO scheme," The Journal of Korean Institute of Electromagnetic Engineering and Science, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 1148- 1154, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5515/KJKIEES.2011.22.12.1148
- S. Trinh-Van, S. C. Song, S. H. Seo, and K. C. Hwang, "Waveguide slot array antenna with a hybrid-phase feed for grating lobe reduction," International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 2016, article ID. 4825924, 2016.
- C. A. Balanis, Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 2012.