- Volume 27 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Growth characteristics by age measurement of Prunus yedoensis on Jeju Island, Korea
제주도 자생 왕벚나무의 연륜생장 특성 분석
- Seo, Yeon Ok (Warm-Temperate and Subtropical Forest Research Center, NIFos) ;
- Kim, Chan-Soo (Warm-Temperate and Subtropical Forest Research Center, NIFos) ;
- Song, Gwan Pil (Jeju Biological Resources) ;
- Jung, Sung Cheol (Forest Policy Division, Korea Forest Service)
- Received : 2018.04.09
- Accepted : 2018.05.14
- Published : 2018.07.31
This study conducted to analyze the growth characteristics of old Prunus yedoensis on Jeju island. The diameter growth per year was measured using a DTRS-2000 instrument. The DBH, ground DBH and height of the investigated P. yedoensis were 137 cm, 143 cm, and 15.5 m, respectively. Our analysis showed that the age of the old P. yedoensis was 93 years. An annual diameter growth of
- Cho, M. S., Kim, C. S., Kim, S. H., Kim, S. C., 2016, Comparative phylogenetic relationship between wild and cultivated Prunus yedoensis Matsum. (Rosaceas) with regard to Taquet's collection, Korean J. Pl. Taxon., 46(2), 1-9. https://doi.org/10.11110/kjpt.2016.46.1.1
- Choi, T. E., Yoo, B. O., 2006, Diameter growth characteristics of Quercus mongolica and Quercus variabilis in Natural Deciduous forests, J. Korean Forest Soc., 95(1), 131-138.
- Jung, K., Seo, J. Y., Lee, J. K., 2009, A Study on the analysis of growth of Ginkgo and Pine trees for environment circumstance improvement for old big trees, Korea Institute of Traditional Landscape Architecture, 27(1), 57-65.
- Kang, H. C., Lee, J. H., Lee, K. S., Sagong, Y. B., 2002, An Evaluation of the vitality and environmental of old trees on the Rural area in Jinju, Korea Institute of Traditional Landscape Architecture, 20(4), 27-36.
- Kim, C. S., Lee, K. Y., Moon, M. O., Hyun, H. J., Ihm, B. S., Kim, M. H., 1998, Natural habitat of Prunus yedoensis matsumura and its morphological variation, Korean J. Pl. Taxon., 28(2), 117-137. https://doi.org/10.11110/kjpt.1918.104.22.168
- Kim, D. G., 2006, Tree-ring growth characteristics of Zelkova serrata Makino after replanting on the reclaimed land from the sea in Gwangyang Bay, J. Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, 33(6), 40-50.
- Lee, W. A., Shin, J. W., Choi, J. K., Lee, W. K., Lee, Y. J., Kim, S. H., Jung, D. J, 2011, Diameter growth analysis for major species using national forest resource inventory, J. Forest Sci., 27(2), 113-118.
- Lim, D. O., Chekar, E. K., 2011, Distribution and growth status of legally protected old and big trees in Gwangju, Korea, Korean J. Environ. and Ecology, 25(5), 736-746.
- Mabberley, D. J., 1990, The Plant-Book, Cambridge Univ. Press., Cambridge, 478-479.
- Ministry of Environment, 1998, Study on the capitalization of Prunus yedoensis in Jeju, 1-12.
- SAS Institute Inc., 2004, SAS/STAT 9.1 User's Guide, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC.
- Semenzato, P., Cattaneo, D., Dainese, M., 2011, Growth prediction for five tree species in an Italian urban forest, Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 10, 169-176. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ufug.2011.05.001
- Seo, J. W., Kim, J. S., Park, W. K., 2000, Analysis of heterogeneous tree - ring growths of Pinus densiflora with various topographical characteristics in Mt. Worak Using GIS, J. Ecology and Environ., 23(1), 25-32.
- Seo, J. W., Park, W. K., 2011, Examination of death years and causes by the analysis of growth decline in tree rings of Pinus densiflora from the Euilimji Lake Park in Jecheon, Korea. The Korea Society of Environmental Restoration technology. 14(2), 1-10.
- Seo, Y. O., Lee, Y. J., Park, S. M., Pyo, J. K., Jeong, J. H., Kim, S. H., Choi, J. K., Lee, W. K., Chung, D. J., Moon, H. S., 2009(b), Annual tree ring growth characteristics for major species in Chungbuk Province, J. Agric. Life Sci., 43(6), 1-6.
- Seo, Y. O., Lee, Y. J., Park, S. M., Pyo, J. K., Jung, J. H., Kim, S. H., Lee, W. K., Choi, J. K., Kim, H. H., 2009(a), Study on the annual diameter growth characteristics for major species distributed in Chungnam Province, J. Agric. Life Sci., 43(3), 7-14.
- Yee, S., Bae, S. W., 2005, Study on age measurement and growth condition of old and large trees in Changdeokgung, Korea Institute of Traditional Landscape Architecture, 23(2), 19-35.