- Volume 27 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Production of Agrometeorological Information in Onion Fields using Geostatistical Models
지구 통계 모형을 이용한 양파 재배지 농업기상정보 생성 방법
- Im, Jieun (Department of Statistics, Daegu University) ;
- Yoon, Sanghoo (Division of Mathematics and Big Data Science, Daegu University)
- Received : 2018.02.07
- Accepted : 2018.04.17
- Published : 2018.07.31
Weather is the most influential factor for crop cultivation. Weather information for cultivated areas is necessary for growth and production forecasting of agricultural crops. However, there are limitations in the meteorological observations in cultivated areas because weather equipment is not installed. This study tested methods of predicting the daily mean temperature in onion fields using geostatistical models. Three models were considered: inverse distance weight method, generalized additive model, and Bayesian spatial linear model. Data were collected from the AWS (automatic weather system), ASOS (automated synoptic observing system), and an agricultural weather station between 2013 and 2016. To evaluate the prediction performance, data from AWS and ASOS were used as the modeling data, and data from the agricultural weather station were used as the validation data. It was found that the Bayesian spatial linear regression performed better than other models. Consequently, high-resolution maps of the daily mean temperature of Jeonnam were generated using all observed weather information.
- Ahn, J. B., Hur, J. N., Shim, K. M., 2010, A Simulation of agro-climate index over the Korean Peninsula using dynamical downscaling with a numerical weather prediction model. Korean J. Agric. For. Meteorol., 12(1), 1-10. https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2010.12.1.001
- Cho, J. H., Suh, J. M., Jin, K. H., Kang, J. S., Hong, C. O., Lim, W. T., Lee, S. G., 2013, The impacts of high temperature and heavy precipitation amount on winter Chinese cabbage yields. J. Environ. Sci. Int., 22(2), 235-242. https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2013.22.2.235
- Chun, J., Kim, K. R., Lee, S. Y., Kang, W. S., Park, J. S., Yi, C. Y., Choi, Y. J., Park, E. W., Hong, S. S., 2012, High resolution Gyeonggi-do agrometeorology information analysis system based on the observational data using Local Analysis and Prediction System (LAPS). Korean J. Agric. For. Meteorol., 14(2), 53-62. https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2012.14.2.053
- Hastie, T., Tibshirani, R., 1986, Generalized additive models. Stat. Sci., 1(3), 297-318. https://doi.org/10.1214/ss/1177013604
- Kim, I. G., Park, K. J., Kim, B. J., 2013, Analysis of meteorological factors on yield of Chinese cabbage and radish in winter cropping system. Korean J. Agric. For. Meteorol., 15(2), 59-66. https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2013.15.2.059
- Kim, J. H., Yun, J. I., 2015, A Thermal time-based phenology estimation in Kimchi cabbage (Brassica campestris L. ssp. pekinensis). Korean J. Agric. For. Meteorol., 17(4), 333-339. https://doi.org/10.5532/KJAFM.2015.17.4.333
- Kim, Y. S., Shim, K. M., Jung, M. P., Choi, I. T., 2014, Accuracy comparison of air temperature estimation using spatial interpolation methods according to application of temperature lapse rate effect. J. Climate Change Res., 5(4), 323-329. https://doi.org/10.15531/ksccr.2014.5.4.323
- Kwon, Y. S., Cho, K. S., Lee, E. H., Jang, S. W., Suh, J. T., Kim, J. S., Kim, W. B., Im, J. S., Lee, J. N., 2013, High-quality and long-storability of F1 hybrid long-day Onion 'Daekwanhwang'. Korean J. Breed. Sci., 45(1), 61-65. https://doi.org/10.9787/KJBS.2013.45.1.061
- Kwon, Y. S., Choi, I. H., Kim, C. W., Choi, M. S., Kwak, J. H., Lim, Y. P., 2015, Effects of planting date for the prevention of frost-pillar damage and replanting of damaged plant on onion (Allium cepa L.). J. of Agri. Sci., 42(4), 313-318.
- Lee, K. K., Ko, K. K., Lee, J. W., 2012, Correlation analysis between meteorological factors and crop products. J. Environ. Sci. Int., 21(4), 461-470. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.4.461
- Lee, S. H., Heo, I. H., Lee, K. M., Kim, S. Y., Lee, Y. S., Kwon, W. T., 2008. Impacts of climate change on phonology and growth of crops: In the case of Naju. J. Korean Geogr. Soc., 43(1), 20-35.
- Lim, C. H., Kim, G. S., Lee, E. J., Heo, S., Kim, T., Kim, Y. S., Lee, W. K., 2016, Development on crop yield forecasting model for major vegetable crops using meteorological information of main production area, J. Climate Change Res., 7(2), 193-203. https://doi.org/10.15531/ksccr.2016.7.2.193
- RDA, 2015, Analysis of the agricultural meteorological information and development of the crop growth analysis model for estimating yield of the main vegetable, Rural Development Administration PJ009870.
- Shepard, D., 1968, A Two-dimensional interpolation function for irregularlyspaced data. Proceedings of the 1968 23rd ACM National Conference, New York, 517-524.
- Yoon, D. H., Oh, S. Y., Nam, K. W., Eom, K. C., Jung, P. K., 2014, Changes of cultivation areas and major disease for spicy vegetables by the change of meteorological factors. Climate Change Res, 5(1), 47-59.
- Yoon, S., 2016, Generating high resolution of daily mean temperature using statistical models. J. Korean Data Inform. Sci. Soc., 27(5), 1215-1224. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2016.27.5.1215