- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study on the Knowledge and Attitudes of Dementia Partner Nursing Students on Dementia
치매파트너 간호학생의 치매에 대한 지식과 태도에 관한 융합연구
- Jo, Sang-Hee (Department of Nursing, Mun-kyung College) ;
- Kim, Eun-ha (Department of Nursing, Mun-kyung College)
- Received : 2018.01.04
- Accepted : 2018.07.20
- Published : 2018.07.28
The purpose of this study is to provide basic data on the development and application of dementia prevention education and program by identifying the degree of knowledge and attitude towards dementia of nursing students who have experienced as dementia partners. The participants were 157 nursing students who have experienced as dementia partners and analyzed by using SPSS 23.0 program. The participants showed knowledge toward dementia(
Convergence;Nursing students;Dementia partners;Dementia;Knowledge;Attitude
- Statistics (2015). Population projections for Korea. Seoul : Kostat.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2012). Nationwide study on the prevalence of dementia in Korean elders. Sejong: Ministry of Health and Welfare.
- H. Cho & Z. K. Ko. (2012). Current state of senile dementia and improvement of the long term care insurance for Elderly People, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 13(12), 5816-5828. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.12.5816 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.12.5816
- M. K .Kim & K. H. Seo. (2017). A comparative study on the national dementia policy. National Policy Research Institute, 31(1), 233-260.
- S. J. Go, Y. H. Jung & D. Y. Kim. (2016). The social burden and care management for people with dementia.. Sejong : KIHASTA
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. (2018). Dementia policy business information, Sejong: Ministry of Health and Welfare.
- H. J. Lee. (2006). Care giving experience and adaptation process of the husbands who are caring for wives with Alzheimer-focusing on elderly couple household. The Korean Gerontological Society, 26 (1), 45-62.
- M. S. Lee & S. N. Yang. (2012). Effect of social work student's attitude, knowledge and experience with senior citizens. Journal of Digital Convergence, 10(8), 265-273. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.8.265
- M. J. Park, H호 K. Moon & D. N. Oh. (2017). Effects of knowledge and attitudes towards dementia on social distance from senile dementia among University students. Health Nursing, 31(3), 554-566. DOI : 10.5932/JKPHN.2017.31.3.554 https://doi.org/10.5932/JKPHN.2017.31.3.554
- M. S. Lee, M. C. Kim & S. G. Kim. (2014). Study on attitude of College students and physical therapists towards seniors with dementia. Journal of The Korean Society of Integrative Medicine, 2(2), 21-29. DOI : 10.15268/ksim.2014.2.2.021 https://doi.org/10.15268/ksim.2014.2.2.021
- S. K. Das, S. Pal & M. K. Ghosal. (2012). Dementia: Indian scenario. Journal of Neurology India, 60(6), 618-624. DOI : 10.4103/0028-3886.105197 https://doi.org/10.4103/0028-3886.105197
- K. A. Kim. K. A. Kim & M. R Sung. (2012). A study on the level of dementia-related knowledge and attitude among care workers - focusing on the care workers who got education on dementia in Seoul dementia center, Korean Journal of Care Management, 6, 23-51.
- S. H. Kim, O. H. An & D. H. Park. (2015). Nursing students and social welfare students' knowledge and attitudes toward dementia, Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 6(3), 111-117. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.111 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.111
- B. Y. Oh. (2016). A study of knowledge and attitude, influenced factors on dementia in cyber University students, Journal of Welfare and Counselling Education, 5(1), 111-127.
- M. S. Kwon & J. H. Lee. (2017). Analysis of knowledge, attitude and service requirements about dementia among nursing students. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 18(9), 177-185. DOI : 10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.9.177 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.9.177
- J. H. Kim. (2006). Effects of gerontological nursing practicum on attitudes toward elders with dementia and general elders among Korean nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 36(4), 645-651. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.4.645
- G. C. Kim & Y. H. Lee. (2017). Nurses' experiences of end of life care of older adults with dementia. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 29(2), 119-130. DOI : 10.7475/kjan.2017.29.2.119 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2017.29.2.119
- M. J. JO et al. (2008). Nationwide study on the prevalence of dementia in Korean elders. Sejong : Ministry of Health and Welfare.
- Y. W. Lee. (2007). Annual report for Namgu dementia caring center. Incheon.
- J. Y. Cho. (2016). Analysis of knowledge, attitude, and educational needs toward dementia in University student. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(12), 257-265. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.257 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.257
- M. R. Lee. (2016). The relationship among dementia care knowledge, attitudes toward to dementia and approach to dementia care of nurses. Journal of Digital Convergence, 12(12), 357-367. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.357 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.357
- I. S. Ko, E. K. Han & D. R. Kim (2017). Relationship among dementia knowledge, attitude, and care burden of nurses in center for dementia. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 8(9), 67-75. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.9.067 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.9.067
- S. H.. Baik, J. S . Won & M. C. Kim. (2017). A convergence study of Korean adults' awareness and attitudes toward dementia. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 8(9), 191-197. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.9.191 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.9.191
- M. J. Cho et al. (2008). Nationwide study on the prevalence of dementia in Korean elders. 1-243, Sejong: Ministry of Health and Welfare.
- J. H. Shin, H. J. Seo, K. H. Kim, K. H. Kim & Y. J. Lee. (2015). Knowledge about dementia in South Korean nursing students: a cross-sectional survey. BMC Nursing, 14(1), 67. DOI : 10.1186/s12912-015-0116-4 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12912-015-0116-4
- Y. Kang. W. Moyle. & L. Ventturato. (2011). Korean nurses' attitudes towards older people with dementia in acute care settings. International Journal of Older People Nursing, 6(2), 143-152. DOI : 10.1111/j.1748-3743.2010.00254.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1748-3743.2010.00254.x
- H. Y. Kang, M. J. Chae, H. S. Seo & K. M. Yang. (2013). The Effect of dementia education program on nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy Society Nursing Education, 19, 69-77. DOI : 10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.69 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.69
- H. Hwang, B. K. Kim & H. R. Kim. (2013). A study ondementia-related knowledge and attitudes in adolescents. Korean Academic Society Of RehabiltaionNursing, 16(2), 133-140.DOI : 10.7587/kjrehn.2013.133 https://doi.org/10.7587/kjrehn.2013.133