- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The effect of eco-friendly management activities of a cosmetic company on customers' decision making
미용기업의 친환경 경영활동이 소비자 의사결정에 미치는 영향
- Nam-Koong, Yun (Beauty Art, Graduate School of Seo Kyeong University) ;
- Yang, Eun-Jin (Beauty Art, School of Seo Kyeong University)
- Received : 2018.04.12
- Accepted : 2018.07.20
- Published : 2018.07.28
The purpose of this research lies in analyzing the corelation between the eco-friendly management activities of a cosmetic company and customers' decision making in terms of purchase. In this research, 355 copies of questionaire from general customers were analyzed using the statistic package program of SPSS v.18.0. Based on the research analysis, the attributes of eco-friendly management activities can be categorized into three factors such as 'energy saving', 'contribution to communities', and 'environment-oriented services' and have the statistically meaningful positive influence on the three factors of customers' decision making; 'purchasing intention', 'assessment of purchase', and 'repurchase'. This research shows that the eco-friendly management activities of a cosmetic company is an important factor for its successful marketing strategy. This research has a significance in that it has studied the eco-friendly management activities of a cosmetic company through stereotyping. We can expect successful marketing effect if a cosmetic company uses eco-friendly products, information, and services in its eco-friendly marketing.
- M. P. Maloney & M. P. Ward. (1973). Ecology : Let's Hear from The People : An Objective Scale for The Measurement of Ecological Attitudes and Knowledge. American Psychologist, 28(7), 583-586. DOI : 10.1037/h0034936 https://doi.org/10.1037/h0034936
- H. Han, L. T. Hsu & C. Sheu. (2009). Application of The Theory of Planned Behavior to Green Hotel Choice : Testing The Effect of Environmental Friendly Activities. Tourism Management, 31(3), 325-334. DOI : 10.1016/j.tourman.2009.03.013 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2009.03.013
- H. J. kim. (2014). The Effect of Environmentally-Friendly Management Activities on Brand Image and Consumer Decisions. Master's Thesis. Gyeonggi University. Seoul
- E. S. Ryu & S. W. Seo. (2015). The Effect of Green Practices, Eco-Friendly Attitudes and Perceived Consumer Effectiveness on Purchase Intention toward Green Restaurants. Tourism Research Journal, 29(11), 87-100. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/G704-001491.2015.29.11.009
- W. W. Yoo & Y. Nam-goong. (2012). The Effects of Restaurant Green practices on Perceived Quality, Image and Behavioral intention. Korea Association of Hotel Discussions and Tourism Management, 21(2), 113-130.
- H. J. Lee & M. .S. Jung.(2005). Consumer's Recognition on The Corporate Social Contribution. Korea Non-profits Research, 4(2), 101-154.
- K. Manaktola & V. Jauhari. (2007). Exploring consumer Attitude and Behaviour towards Green Practices in The Lodging Industry in India. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 19(5), 364-377. DOI : 10.1108/09596110710757534 https://doi.org/10.1108/09596110710757534
- K. Y. Jung & S. Y. Oh. (1999). A Study of The Hotel Guest's Perception for The Green Marketing Policy of Korean Deluxe Hotels. Korea Association of Hotel Discussions and Tourism Management 8(1), 95-113.
- S. D. Bae. (1999). A Study on The Green Marketing Strategies in Cosmetic Business. Korea Business Association, 10, 253-267.
- Aveda. (2018). The earth's month. Avedakorea(online). https://www.avedakorea.com
- Beyond. (2018). Eco campaign. Beyond(online). http://beyond.lgbeautymall.com
- Innisfree. (2018). Play Green. Innisfree(online). http://www.innisfree.com
- H. S. Jang. (2004). Modern Society and Consumers for Consumer Protection and Understanding. Daegu : Kyoungbuk University press.
- H. G. Lim. (2004). A Theoretical Study on Purchase Decision Making. Sungshin Women's University Institute for Living Culture, 4, 173-176.
- T. H. Kim & E. Seo. (2003). Effect of The Elderly Consumers' Financial Independency on Eating-out Decision Making Process. Journal of the East Asian Dietary Society, 15(4), 475-482
- K. D. Kwon & M. Y. Heo. (2003). Articles : Choice of Pro-Environmental Agriculture Brand Patterns & Impact of Satisfaction on Customer Value. Korea Agricultural Policy Association, 30(4), 718-742. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/G704-000650.2003.30.4.002
- E. H. Kwon, D. C. Park & I. S. Kim. (2015). A Study on The Effects of Purchasing Decision Factors of Environment Friendly Agricultural Products on The Users' Satisfaction, Repurchase, and Intention for Recommendation. Gyeongnam University Institute of Industrial Management, 38(3), 109-133. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/G704-SER000003098.2015.38.3.006