- Volume 9 Issue 7
The purpose of this study is to propose a strategy to educate the core contents of various major fields in practical and convergent ways in universities in order to prepare for the 4th industrial revolution era. First, convergence field is established in the university curriculum in addition to the existing major and the liberal arts field. Second, convergence courses are created in connection with job ability, which are major curriculum but only for students in other departments. Third, convergence courses are organized in the form of module curriculum, which is a small-sized and independent curriculum consisting of 4 courses. D University, one of the local private universities in Korea, has provided such convergence module education since 2016, and satisfactory results have been obtained in the course enrollment rate and the course evaluation, etc. By combining these convergence modules in various ways, it is possible to easily create customized majors required and designed by local companies at low cost.
Practical convergence education;Convergence field;Convergence course;Convergence module;Customized major designed by company
- J. W. Kim. (2015). Efficacy Analysis of Developed Course for Promoting Character Education with Women's University Students. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(11), 481-491. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.481 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.481
- H. J. Hong. (2016). Development achievement criteria of Creativity and Personality in Expressive Activity. Journal of Digital Convergence, 14(6), 519-525. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2016.14.6.519 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.6.519
- K. H. Chon. (2017). An Analysis of Character Education and Evaluation Components for Selecting Creative Convergent Talents. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 8(2), 197-204. DOI: 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.2.197 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.2.197
- K. I. Ko. (2015). A Critical analysis of NCS-based Curriculum. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(8), 69-82. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.69 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.69
- H. S. Kim. (2015). A Study on the Convergence Entrepreneurship Curriculum Development. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(5), 79-88. DOI : 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.5.79 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.5.79
- H. H. Kim & Y. H. Choi. (2015). Effects of Creativity Instruction Activities on Academic Motivation and Career Maturity of University Students : Based on NFTM-TRIZ Creativity Education Model. Journal of Digital Convergence, 13(9), 277-286. DOI: 10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.277 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.277
- S. S. Shin, J. I. Kim & J. J. Youn. (2015). Vulnerability Analysis of the Creativity and Personality Education based on Digital Convergence Curation System. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 6(4), 225-234. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.225 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.225
- G. D. Kim, C. E. Yang & A. Han. (2017). Multi-dimensional Assessment Educational Strategy for University. Information - An International Interdisciplinary Journal, 20(10B), 7873-7880.
- G. Liestol. (2006). The Dynamics of Convergence and Divergence in Educational Media - Past, Present and Future. 7th International Conference on Information Technology Based Higher Education and Training, 870-870. DOI: 10.1109/ITHET.2006.339711 https://doi.org/10.1109/ITHET.2006.339711
- M. H. Han. (2017). On the relationship between job seeking preparation capacity and stress from college life. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(1), 81-86. DOI : 10.22156/cs4smb.2017.7.1.081 https://doi.org/10.22156/cs4smb.2017.7.1.081
- S. Y. Kim. (2017). The Effect of the Vocational Training Satisfaction of Youth on their Career Adaptability to the Small Business. Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, 7(2), 131-136. DOI : 10.22156/cs4smb.2017.7.2.131 https://doi.org/10.22156/cs4smb.2017.7.2.131
- H. Y. Lee, M. G. Seo & J. D. Kim. (2014) A Study on the Present State of Humanities and Arts Convergence Education in Korean Universities. Studies in Humanities and Social Sciences 0(44), 183-222. DOI : 10.17939/hushss.2014..44.007 https://doi.org/10.17939/hushss.2014..44.007
- M. Y. Park. (2013). Meta Reflection on Creative Methodology for Engineer. Ratio et Oratio, 6(1), 7-61. DOI : 10.19042/kstc.2013.6.1.7 https://doi.org/10.19042/kstc.2013.6.1.7
- B. S. Hong. (2011) A Study of Foundation Liberal Education Activation Plan for a Convergence Education. Journal of General Education, No. 4, 140-161.
- H. Y. Kim. (2013) The Proposition of the Directions about Convergence-Based Courses and Basic-Convergence Subjects for Systemed Convergence Education. Korean Journal of General Education, 7(2), 11-38.
Supported by : Daegu Catholic University