- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Systematic Analysis of Dental Hygiene Student's Stress and a Convergence Relationship with College Life Satisfaction
치위생과 학생들의 스트레스에 대한 체계적 분석과 대학생활 만족도와의 융합 연구
- Heo, Nam-Suk (Department of Dental Hygiene, Masan University) ;
- Lee, Yu-Hee (Department of Dental Hygiene, Daegu Science University)
- Received : 2018.05.25
- Accepted : 2018.07.20
- Published : 2018.07.28
To investigate the relationship between dental hygiene students' stress and college life satisfaction, 299 dental students and students in Gyeongnam area studied stress, stress response scale, and university life satisfaction. The results of systematic analysis according to the scale of stress response showed high values in fatigue, frustration, depression and anger. In addition, satisfaction with stress experienced negatively. Stress can give you a negative impact that can lead to serious illness. A systematic analysis using the stress response scale is expected to help reduce stress and improve college life satisfaction when the stress of college life is expected to increase maladjustment and dissatisfaction. We suggest the development and analysis of a stress response tool suitable for dental hygienists.
Supported by : Masan University
- J. Y. Park. (2011). Stress, Stress reponse and influencing factors on Resilience among Nursing students. Master's theses. Graduate School of Seonam University, Namwon.
- M. S. Chu. Y. R. Lee & S. H. Kim. (2012). Nursing students' stress level, source and coping. J Korean Acad Soc Home Care Nurs, 19(2), 195-203. UCI : http://uci.or.kr/G704-SER000009889.2012.19.2.001
- J. H. Lee & E. S. Jeon. (2009). A study on causes of stress experienced by party students of dental hygiene department during clinical training. J Dent Hyg Sci, 9, 137-43.
- G. R. Lee. (2014). The relationship among self-esteem, life-satisfaction and stress coping style of dental hygiene students. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 14(5), 659-65. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.05.659
- H. Selye. (1976). The Stress of Life. New York McGraw hill.
- Magnussen L & Amundson. MJ. (2003). Undergraduate nursing student experience. Nursing and Health Science, 5, 261-7. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1442-2018.2003.00158.x
- E. H. Jung. (2017. 5 .7). The first place stressing t h e opening of uni v ersity students is homework'. JoongAngIlbo[Online]. http://news.joins.com/article/21450826
- G. S. Han. (2011). Relationship between concentration of oral malodor and smoking, drinking, oral health behavior. J Dent Hyg Sci, 11, 213-20.
- S. Y. Kim.(2016). "Convergence Study on The Influence of Dental Hygiene Students' Stress in Their Major Satisfaction and Career-Decision Attitude', Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, 6(4), 115-122. DOI : 10.22156/cs4smb.2016.6.4.115 https://doi.org/10.22156/cs4smb.2016.6.4.115
- Ministry of Basic Education. (2011, April 1). http://std.kedi.re.kr.
- K. B. Koh, J. K. Park & C. H. Kim. (2000). Development of the Stress Response Inventory. J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc, 39(4), 707- 719.
- J. K. Park, S. J. Lim.(2017). Converged Study on Development and Evaluation of Stress with clinical practice Scale for Nursing Students Journal of Korea Convergence Society 8(12), 189-197. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.12.189 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.12.189
- J. S. Yoo, S. J. Chang, E. K. Chio & J. W. Park. (2008). Development of a Stress Scale for Korean Nursing Students. J Korean Acad Nurs, 38(3), 410-419. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.3.410
- K. H. Kim & H. S. Ha. (2000). A Study of Department Satisfaction Factors of Undergraduate Students. Korea J of Counselling, 1(1), 7-20.
- H. J. Kang & B. C. Yu.(2014). The relationship between physical.mental health and life stress in dental hygiene freshman. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, 14(4), 495-502. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2014.14.04.495
- Retrieved February 19, 2013, http://www.app.yonhapnews.co.kr/YNA/Basic/article/Press/YIBW_showPress.aspx?contents_id =RPR20100831005100353&from=search.
- M. J. Jun, E. K. Noh.(2018). The Convergence Study effected of Adjustment to College life in Character, interpersonal relationship of health-related college. Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 9(4), 433-42. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.4.433 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2018.9.4.433
- S. Y. Min & S. K. Chaung.(2006). Self efficacy and stress coping strategies of nursing students. J Korean Acad Psych Mental Health Nurs, 15(3), 299-307.
- H. Y. Jung & J. O. Jeong. (2013). A Study on the Stress, Self-Esteem, and Mental-Health in Nursing Students. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 7(4), 191-204. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.4.191
- S. M. Lee. (2011). Effect of perfectionism on academic procrastination. The Korean Journal of Counselling and Psychotherapy, 23(3), 717-738.
- H. J. Lee.(2016). Convergence Study on Nursing Students' Stress abd Satisfaction with Clinical Practice" Journal of Korea Convergence Society, 7(4), 75-83. DOI : 10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.075 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.075