- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Convergence Study on the Core Competencies of students: G university
G 대학 대학생 핵심역량 설정에 관한 융합연구
- Kim, Chang-Gyu (Department of Radiological Science, Gimcheon University) ;
- Jang, Kee-Duck (Department of Early Childhood Education, Gimcheon University) ;
- Chun, Yeol-Eo (Department of Nursing, Gimcheon University)
- Received : 2018.04.03
- Accepted : 2018.07.20
- Published : 2018.07.28
This research is based on core competency in order to provide diverse educational opportunities and to train compatible human resources according to industrial change. The research set up the core competency of university students according to document research and the importance of core competency of students, professors, faculty and parents. As a result, a total of 14 competencies were deducted by importance and validation from enrolled students, graduated students and professors. A total of 5 core competencies and 14 detailed competencies were deducted. Creativity, problem solving ability, self-directed overall problem solving abilities, expertise ability, data processing ability, technology application according to industry, consideration and serving character, community service, communicational ability, self-management, inter personal relationship, foreign language ability, global, leadership and competence were the 14 elements of this research. Based on the result of this study, it is necessary to improve the competence of university students by applying them to the curriculum development and operation and to find out the extent of the students competence enhancement through the development of future capacity measuring tools.
- Y. D. Cho. & J. G. KIm. (2017). The Age of Fourth Industrial Revolution: Challenges and Orientations of Citizenship Education. Theory and Research in Citizenship Education, 49(4), 219-239.
- M. K. Jeong. (2010). A study on the relationship among Core Competency of University st udents, Campus Life Adjustment and Car eer Attitude Maturity, Psychology Major Graduate School, Yeungnam University, Deagu.
- Seoul National University(2013). New year address 2013. http://www.snu.ac.kr/president/speeches?bm=v&bbsidx=116477
- J. D. Seo. (2010). Five Things to Open Future Universities. University education, 163.
- DEST(2002). Striving for quality: Learning, teaching and scholarship. Australia Department of Education, Science and Training.
- S. T. Kim. (2009). A Study on the Performance Evaluation System for Key Competencies of University Students. korean public administration quarterly 21(2), 599-626.
- p. McLagan, (1996). Great ideas revisited: Job competency models. Training & Deve, 50(1), 60-65.
- M. S. Jin. (2013). An exploratory study on inequality of core competence of college students in Korea, Korean journal of sociology of education. 24(1), 105-127.
- Korean Educational development Institute(2011). Education strategy to foster creative talent for the 21st century. Research report of Korean Educational development Institute. RR2011-01.
- A. H. Lee & M. S. Choi. (2014). Analysis of the Research Trend on the College Students' Key Competencies and Diagnosis Tools. The Korea Society for Educational Technology, 20(4), 561-588.
- Korean Educational development Institute(2002). (The)research on the national standards of life skill and quality management for learning system. Research report of Korean Educational development Institute. RR2002-19. 243-257.
- E. J. Kim & M. H. Seong. (2016). Influence of Personality Development of College Students on Core Competences -Focusing on Humanistic, Global, Creative Convergence, Service and Devotion, Communication and Cooperation Competences. Journal of Ethics Education Studies, 40, 133-156. https://doi.org/10.18850/JEES.2016.40.06
- S. A. Kwon. (2009). Admission officer's present situation and perception of admission officer system. Dep of Education, Ewha Womans Univisity. Seoul.
- M. S. Jung. (2014). A Structural Equation Model on Core Competencies of Nursing Students, Dept. of Nursing The Graduate School of Chung-Ang University., Seoul.
- Korea Democracy Foundation(2005). DeSeCo Project : Core Competency Definition and Selection Project Summary: OECD.
- M. J. Park. (2008). A New Approach to Curriculum Development in Higher Education: Competence-based Curriculum, The Journal of Curriculum Studies, 26(4), 173-197. https://doi.org/10.15708/kscs.26.4.200812.008
- Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation(2008). The Core Competency needs in the Professional World. Research report of Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation, ORM. 2008-14.
- So Gang University(2013). 2013 annual report.
- S. M. Park. (2011). Analysis of Core Competencies as An Element of Vocational Ability, Korean society for the study of vocational education, 30(3). 327-351.
- Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training(1999). Analysis of the national core curriculum on key competencies needed for the workforce. Research report of Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training, 7-199.
- S. L. Na, S. M. Jang, W. S. Seo, J. M. Kim, S. Lee, G. Y. Kim & S .T. Jeong(2003). Basic skills required for industrial workers. Korean Journal of Agricultural Education, 36(4), 139-158.
- Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation(2008). A Study on the Vision of Elementary and Secondary Education Curriculum to Promote Core Competencies of Future Koreans(2). Research report of Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation, RR 2008-7-1