- Volume 9 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Smart Outdoor Cultivation System using Internet of Things
사물인터넷을 이용한 지능형 노지 농작물 관리 시스템 개발
- Received : 2018.05.31
- Accepted : 2018.07.20
- Published : 2018.07.28
Research on smart farms centering on greenhouse cultivation is actively under way due to the decrease in agriculture population and aging, but in the case of vegetables such as vegetables, outdoor cultivation is 70%. Therefore, there is a need to improve productivity and prevent soil contamination by automating, cultivating, and intelligentizing the outdoor cultivation of agriculture crops. In this paper, we show the case of establishing a outdoor production system using the Internet of things and define the environmental variables in the outdoor production system. By measuring soil temperature, water content, electrical conductivity and acidity through sensors, LoRa communication module transmits the information to the outdoor production system. The outdoor production system controls the amount of fertilizer and the volume of water based on this sensor data. We have developed a system that manages a wide range of crops using LoRa technology, which is a suitable communication method for cultivating crops, and manages production volume and sales performance.
- K. A. Kim, Y. M. Jeong & D. Y. Park. (2016). The Implementation of Farm Management System based on IoT. Proceeding of 2016 Korea Information and Communications Society (KICS) Winter Conference, Jan. (pp. 366-367). Jeongseon : KICS.
- Y. C. Yurl, H. M. Young, K. S. Gak & P. J. Young. (2017). Smart Farm Technology Development and Standardization Trend, Proceeding of 2017 Korea Information and Communications Society (KICS) Fall Conference (pp. 311-312). Jeongseon : KICS.
- M. Lee, H. Lee, G. Han, D. Lee 7 G. Kim. (2017). Standardizations for ICT Components and Systems for Korean Smartfarm, Proceeding of 2017 Korea Information and Communications Society (KICS) Fall Conference, (pp 88-89). Jeongseon : KICS.
- J. T. Kim & J. S. Han. (2017) Agricultural Management Innovation through the Adoption of Internet of Things : Case of Smart Farm, Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(3), 65-75. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.3.65
- J. Baek, J. Heo, H. Kim, Y. Hong & J. Lee. (2018) Research-platform Design for the Korean Smart Greenhouse Based on Cloud Computing, Protected Horticulture and Plant Factory, 27(1), 27-33. https://doi.org/10.12791/KSBEC.2018.27.1.27
- J. W. Lee, J. H. Lee & H. Yoe. (2014). Agriculture ICT Convergence Technology trend and direction of improvement. Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, 31(5), 54-60.
- S. Oh. (2017), A Design of Intelligent Information System for Greenhouse Cultivation, Journal of Digital Convergence, 15(2), 183-190. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.183
- W. K. Jung. (2006). Understanding of Soil acidity and Management of Acid Volume, Soil & Fertilizer, 25(3), 29-35.
- B. Lee. P. Jung. W. Lee & K. Eom. (2015). Changes in Air Temperature and Surface Temperature of Crop Leaf and Soil. Journal of Climate Change Research, 6(3), 209-221. https://doi.org/10.15531/ksccr.2015.6.3.209
- M. Lee & H. Yeo. (2016). Design of ICT based Protected Horticulture for Recovering Natural Disaster. Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology. 6(10), 373-382.
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, (2017) 2017 Status of Greenhouse of Vegetable Plant and Production of Vegetable. Sejong.
- H. Choi. D. Noh. J. Lee & D. Kim. (2015) Design and Implementation of Private LoRa(Long Range) Remote Control System for Smart Farm. Proceeding of 2017 Korea Information and Communications Society (KICS) Fall Conference, (pp 266-267). Jeongseon Jeju: KICS.
- S. Kim & H. Yoe. (2015), Design of Greenhouse Environment data consulting system Using Bigdata Proceeding of 2015 Korea Information and Communications Society (KICS) Summer Conference (pp. 77-78). Jeju : KICS.
- A. Latiff, R. S. Yusof. A. Rahim. Sayuti, M. Yusof & Baharudin. (2017). A training monitoring system for cyclist based on wireless sensor networks. Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 6(1), 80-87. https://doi.org/10.11591/ijeecs.v6.i1.pp80-87
- H. Jawad, R. Nordin. S. Gharghan. A Jawad & M Ismail. (2017). Energy-Efficient Wireless Sensor Networks for Precision Agriculture: A Review. Sensors, 17(8), 1781.
- LoRa Alliance. (2016 July). LoRaWAN Specification.
- A. Augustin. J. Yi, T. Clausen & W. M. Townsley. (2016). A Study of LoRa: Long Range & Low Power Networks for the Internet of Things. Sensors, 16(9), 1466. https://doi.org/10.3390/s16091466
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)